- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Christian Dior Gold and Faux Pearl Dangling Bracelet Circa 1980s
About the Item
- Weight:197.7 g
- Dimensions:Width: 2.75 in (69.85 mm)Length: 7 in (177.8 mm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1980
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Very Good Condition!
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: B7-201stDibs: LU2565214829862
When Christian Dior launched his couture house, in 1946, he wanted nothing less than to make “an elegant woman more beautiful and a beautiful woman more elegant.” He succeeded, and in doing so the visionary designer altered the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess, Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Vintage Karl Lagerfeld 10 Row Faux Pearl Bracelet Circa 1980sBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in New York, NYVintage Karl Lagerfeld 10 Row Faux Pearl Bracelet. Matte Gold. True Lagerfeld. This will always be a Classic Style. So very chic. You can make this longer with adding some chain. ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Mixed Metal$1,125Free Shipping
- Vintage Christian Dior Gold and Enamel Cloisonne Bamboo Look Cuff Circa 1990sBy Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYThis gorgeous Vintage Christian Dior Cuff bracelet fully covered with green black and gold enamel has see through cloisonne showing through bamboo leaves on a black background. Thi...Category
1990s French Artist Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Mixed Metal, Enamel
- Vintage Lorenz Baumer Gold Diamante Faux Pearl Bracelet Circa 1980sBy Lorenz BaumerLocated in New York, NYVintage Lorenz Baumer Gold Diamante Faux Pearl Bracelet Circa 1980s. This is such a gorgeous bracelet with lattice work that then has four dangling pearls. There is a set of earring...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Mixed Metal$1,425Free Shipping
- Vintage Christian Dior Boutique Ivory Color Bakelite Bangel Bracelet Circa 1980sBy Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Dior Boutique Ivory Colored Bakelite Bangel Bracelet. Heavy and Substantial. This is curved in at the top on the outside of the Bracelet and flat on the inside p...Category
1990s French Artist Bangles
- Vintage Christian Dior Gold Spike Necklace Circa 1980sBy Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Dior Gold Spike Necklace Circa 1980s. Now this is the creme de la creme. This is such a special piece and belongs to a collector where the buyer understands the ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Link NecklacesMaterials
Mixed Metal$4,225Free Shipping
- Vintage Carolee Gold and Faux Pearl Dangling Birdcage Earrings Circa 1980sLocated in New York, NYVintage Carolee Gold and Faux Pearl Dangling Birdcage Earrings Circa 1980s. The earrings have a gold bird with a pink cabochon and diamante face in the gold cage. So stylish. Yes, t...Category
Vintage 1980s American Artist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- 1970s Oversize Chanel Pendant Choker NecklaceBy ChanelLocated in West Hollywood, CARare 1970s Chanel oversize multicolor gripoix and faux-pearl detachable pendant choker. Six-link extension was added in the 1980s. Comes with original box.Category
Vintage 1970s French Choker NecklacesMaterials
18k Gold, Rhodium$2,799Free Shipping
- Chanel Byzantine Haute Couture Link BraceletBy Maison Gripoix for ChanelLocated in New York, NYMaison Gripoix for Chanel Byzantine style articulated link bracelet, handmade and composed of six gilt filigree links with ruby and emerald rectangular poured glass cabochons. Unsig...Category
Vintage 1980s French Byzantine Link BraceletsMaterials
Gilt Metal, Gold Plate, Brass, Enamel, Bronze$4,250Free Shipping
- Vintage YSL Yves Saint Laurent Curb Chain Bracelet w RhinestoneMaltese CrossBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Portland, ORThis unique vintage Yves Saint Laurent bracelet is comprised of a triple row of gold plated curb chains that close with a branded YSL hook under a maltese cross embellished with face...Category
Vintage 1980s European Link BraceletsMaterials
- Dior Lapel clipBy Christian DiorLocated in London, GBAn exquisite Christian Dior vintage lapel clip by Roger Scemama featuring smoked and brown stones. This detailed piece would be an outstanding addition to any collection and can elev...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Brooches$510Free Shipping
- Maison Gripoix Vintage White and Purple Dangling Earrings Circa 1980sBy Maison GripoixLocated in New York, NYMaison Gripoix Vintage White and Light Purple Dangling Earrings. These will always be in style. The Chanel look has never left. It is classic and timeless and says class. It is an...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Mixed Metal$2,125Free Shipping
- 1980s Tahitian Saltwater Dyed Pearl and Diamond Gold BraceletLocated in Napoli, ItalyThis Beautiful Bracelet is set with colorless round brilliant cut diamonds approx. 2.70 carats, alternating with Black Tahiti pearls 11mm . Eye-catching and wonderfully crafted in 1...Category
Late 20th Century Link BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Black Pearl, 18k Gold$6,679Free Shipping
- Akoya Pearl Carved Jade Bracelet 14K Gold VintageBy Estate JewelryLocated in East Brunswick, NJThis gorgeous vintage Akoya pearl bracelet jade bracelet is a solid 18K Yellow Gold bracelet Sixty-eight cultured Pearls are arranged in 4 rows with two gold bars. The pearls are abo...Category
20th Century Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Jade, Pearl, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,980Free Shipping
- Multi-Strand Bracelet: Pearls, Sunstone, and GoldBy White Orchid StudioLocated in Athens, GAMeet "A Pocket of Sunshine," a double strand bracelet of blush freshwater pearls, sunstone, and rhodochrosite. Our logo clasp in yellow gold secures the bracelet along with 3 tassel...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Contemporary Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Freshwater Pearl, Other, 14k Gold, Gold$1,880Free Shipping
- White Gold Pearl BraceletLocated in Boca Raton, FLMaterial: 18k White Gold Diamond Details: Approximately 0.50ctw round brilliant diamonds. Diamonds are G in color and SI in clarity. Gemstone Details: Pearls are approximately 9.11mm...Category
21st Century and Contemporary More BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold$1,495Free Shipping
- Pearl and Diamond BraceletLocated in New Orleans, LAThis lovely pearl and diamond bracelet epitomizes the elegance of bygone days. Interwoven strands of lustrous pearls are interspersed with diamonds for a romantic sparkle. Set in 18K...Category
20th Century American Modern Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold$14,850Free Shipping
- Marina J Woven Seed Pearl Bracelet with Vintage Gold claspBy Marina J.Located in Beverly Hills, CAThe classic Marina J design woven 1mm pearl bracelet fits delicately on the wrist, yet the weave is doubles stranded for durability. The lace-like design is completed by an English v...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Artist Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Pearl, 18k Gold, Gold Plate, Silver$486 Sale Price30% OffFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery