- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Hermes Bracelet Design by Georges Lenfant Small Links Modernist Anchor Chain
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Vannes, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
For Hermès, what began as a maker of leather equestrian goods for European noblemen would eventually grow into one of the most storied fashion labels in the world. In 1837, German-born French entrepreneur Thierry Hermès opened a saddle and harness purveyor in Paris. Gradually, the house extended into accessories and luggage for its riders, and today, in paying homage to its origins, the family-run luxury brand resurfaces horse motifs in everything from clothing and modernist jewelry to pillows and handbags.
The first top-handled bag ever produced by Hermès was the Haut à courroies, which made its debut in 1892. A tall bag secured with a folded leather flap (fastened with bridle-inspired straps), it was designed to transport riding boots and a harness. As the world made the switch from horse to automobile, the bag adapted, becoming a multifunctional travel satchel instead of a designated saddlebag. Today, 120 years later, the HAC remains in Hermès’s line — and its distinctive flap and clasping straps have laid the groundwork for some of the house’s other iconic bags.
In the 1930s, Robert Dumas (son-in-law to Émile-Maurice Hermès, Thierry’s grandson) designed a smaller, trapezoidal take on the flap bag with a handle and two side straps. Later, actress Grace Kelly, then engaged to Prince Rainier of Monaco, is said to have used one of these bags to conceal her pregnancy during the 1950s. Because she was photographed constantly, the coverage catapulted her handbag to international popularity. In 1977, Hermès officially renamed the model for her, and the Kelly bag was born. Each Kelly bag takes between 18 and 25 hours to produce, and its 680 hand stitches owe solely to one Hermès artisan.
Robert Dumas was also responsible for another one of the brand’s most iconic offerings: the launch of its first silk scarf on the occasion of Hermès’s 100th anniversary in 1937. Based on a woodblock designed by Dumas and printed on Chinese silk, the accessory was an immediate hit.
Today, vintage Hermès scarves, typically adorned in rich colors and elaborate patterns, serve many functions, just as they did back then. Well-heeled women wear it on their heads, around their necks and, in a genius piece of cross-promotion, tied to the straps of their Hermès bags. Kelly even once used one as a sling for her broken arm.
In 1981, Robert Dumas’s son Jean-Louis Dumas, then Hermès chairman, found himself sitting next to French actress and musician Jane Birkin on a plane, where she was complaining about finding a suitable carryall for the necessary accoutrements of motherhood. After the two travelers were properly introduced, Birkin helped design Jean-Louis’s most famous contribution to the Hermès canon: the Birkin bag, a roomy, square catchall with the HAC’s trademark leather flap top and the addition of a lock and key. Owing to the brand’s legendary commitment to deft, handcrafted construction, the Birkin is an investment that is coveted by collectors everywhere.
While the Kelly and Birkin may be standouts, gracing the arms of everyone from royal heiresses to hip-hop stars in the past few decades, the handbags are but a small part of Hermès’s fashion offerings. Since the 1920s, the brand has produced some of the most desirable leather goods in the world. There’s the Constance bag, a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy, the recently relaunched 1970s-era Evelyne and, on the vintage market, a slew of designs dating back to the 1920s.
- Silver Chain Bracelet Compass Boat Anchor Flag and KnotLocated in Vannes, FRSilver Chain Bracelet Compass Boat Anchor Flag and Knot. Silver Compass Boat Anchor Flag KnotCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown More BraceletsMaterials
- Yellow Gold Bracelet Accompanied by Oval Links with GadroonsLocated in Vannes, FRYellow Gold Bracelet Accompanied by Oval Links with Gadroons The weight of the gold is 58.71 grams. Go to our showcase page for more updates and click on the "Follow" button to nev...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Art Deco Chain BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$8,965Free Shipping
- French Curb Bracelet with Fine Links 18 Carat Yellow GoldLocated in Vannes, FRFrench Curb Bracelet with Fine Links 18 Carat Yellow Gold This elegant 18K yellow gold bracelet will accompany you every day of the year to give a chic touch to your look. Alternat...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,988Free Shipping
- Silver Chain Gourmette Link Bracelet 181 GramsLocated in Vannes, FRBracelet Solid Silver Chain 925 Gourmette Link Weight / 181 grams With security clapsCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Contemporary Link BraceletsMaterials
- French Gourmet Bracelet 18K GoldLocated in Vannes, FRFrench Gourmet Bracelet 18K Gold Very beautiful French bracelet all in 18 carat gold. Its links are alternated of small and large sizes to give volume to this bracelet. It will dres...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,802Free Shipping
- French Gourmet Bracelet 18K Yellow GoldLocated in Vannes, FRGourmet Bracelet 18K Yellow Gold Handmade twisted mesh with a spring clasp and double safety clasp to ensure its safety at the wrist. length : 22 cmCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Artisan Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,381 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Georges Lenfant for OJ Perrin Curb Links Yellow Gold BraceletLocated in London, GBWeight: 84gr Metal: 18kt yellow gold Condition: Very good Signature: OJ Perrin Hallmarks: French, eagle and rhinoceros’ heads Maker’s mark: G / Dice over a wing/ L Comments...Category
Vintage 1960s French Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$19,890Free Shipping
- Mellerio Dits Meller Retro Gold Bracelet, Jacques Lenfant for Georges LenfantBy Mellerio dits MellerLocated in New York, NYRetro Gold Tank Bracelet by Mellerio dits Meller, Paris, circa 1950, Manufactured by Jacques Lenfant for Georges Lenfant, Paris A bracelet composed of polished gold interlocking u-s...Category
Vintage 1950s French Retro Chain BraceletsMaterials
- Hermès Chaine D' Ancre Yellow Gold Bracelet Large Size, circa 1995By HermèsLocated in Valenza, ITChic yet Timeless, absolutely Iconic Hermès 18K Yellow Gold Chaine d'Ancre Bracelet, a rare 1990's stunning piece here declined in the large scale model. The story of this bracelet b...Category
1990s French Contemporary Modern BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$28,817Free Shipping
- Hermes Rose de Mer Diamond Gold White Gold BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Feasterville, PAA playful "Rose de Mer" bracelet by Hermes, adorned with 2.04ct of Vvs and better round brilliant cut diamonds set on both sides of the motifs. Composed of 18k white gold and measuri...Category
Early 2000s French Chain BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$21,500Free Shipping
- Hermes H Gold Chain Link BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Feasterville, PAA chic chain link bracelet by Hermes composed of 18k white gold featuring the brands signature H logo at the forefront. The bracelet has a length of 6.3" and a width of 1.27" and a t...Category
1990s Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, White Gold$7,500Free Shipping
- An 18 Carat Gold Bi-Color Georges Lenfant BraceletBy Georges L'EnfantLocated in Amsterdam, NLAn 18 carat gold bi-color double link woven bracelet, marked: Georges Lenfant, circa 1970. weight: 71.53 grams length: 19.5 cmCategory
Vintage 1960s French Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Gold$18,678Free Shipping
- Van Cleef & Arpels 'Lucky Alhambra' BraceletBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYAuthentic Van Cleef & Arpels Lucky Alhambra bracelet crafted in 18 karat yellow gold. The four motif bracelet features some of the brand's most iconic symbols: a malachite leaf, a mo...Category
2010s Contemporary Chain BraceletsMaterials
Carnelian, Malachite, Tiger's Eye, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,000Free Shipping
- Mirror by Jean-Michel BasquiatBy Jean-Michel BasquiatLocated in Jersey City, NJGlass and mirror with film interlay and polished edges includes wooden mounting bracket zippered storage pouch open edition © Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat Licensed by Artest...Category
2010s North American Wall MirrorsMaterials
Glass, Mirror$3,500 / item
- 1stdibs Exclusive Hermes Picotin 18cm Gold & Ebene Clemence Palladium HardwareBy HermèsLocated in Sydney, New South Wales1stdibs Exclusives From Three Over Six Brand: Hermès Style: Picotin Size: 18cm Color: Gold & Ebene Leather: Taurillon Clemence Hardware: Palladium Year: 2020 Y Condition: Pristine...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Cerise Pink Crystal Cocktail Glasses, Set of SixLocated in New York, NYOmbré cerise pink crystal cocktail glasses with decorative faceted stems, set of six. Glasses are hand made and can vary ever so slightly in color shape.Category
Vintage 1950s GlassMaterials
- Tiffany & Co. HardWear 18K Rose Gold 0.74 Ct Diamond Pendant NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Southampton, PALike all pieces from the Tiffany & Co. HardWear collection, this necklace combines architectural motifs with a feminine design aesthetic. At the center of this piece’s 15” chain, you...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Multi-Strand NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold$9,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
How to Spot a Fake Hermès Birkin Bag
The iconic Birkin bag is much coveted — and often copied. Find out how to tell the real deal from a convincing fake. Of course, you don't have to worry about this on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.