Authentic 1970s Rolex Cellini 29mm 18 Carat Yellow Gold Watch Reference 4084
About the Item
- Case Material:
- Strap Material:Leather
- Case Shape:Round
- Case Dimensions:Height: 0.99 in (25 mm)Width: 1.15 in (29 mm)Length: 0.79 in (20 mm)
- Place of Origin:Switzerland
- Date of Manufacture:Circa 1970s
- Condition:Polished. Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Hamilton, AU
- Reference Number:Seller: 2354/60088445958 Rolex Cellini1stDibs: LU2105220026432
While the rise in popularity of vintage Rolex watches is of no surprise to aficionados, collectors and industry experts, when it comes to contemporary luxury wristwatches, Rolex is also often the first brand that springs to mind. Not only is the company revered for its precision timekeeping and impeccable craftsmanship, but its name was designed to be memorable.
Rolex's enviable worldwide recognition can be credited in part to the genius of company founder Hans Wilsdorf. When the German-born watch dealer and his brother-in-law, Alfred Davis, set up their London enterprise, in 1905, they called it Wilsdorf & Davis, according to the traditional formula.
But Wilsdorf was determined to come up with another name that was short, would look good on a watch dial and was easy to say and remember in several languages. In 1908, he trademarked the name Rolex, and by 1920, he had moved the company to Geneva and redubbed it as Montres Rolex S.A.
But the main reasons for the brand’s success are its aforementioned commitment to precision and unflagging pursuit of innovation. In 1926, the company introduced the aptly named Oyster model. With a screw-down crown and case back, both fitted with rubber gaskets, this was the first truly waterproof watch.
Five years later, Rolex upped the ante with the Oyster Perpetual. That model’s patented Perpetual movement contained a rotor mechanism enabling it to self-wind. In another trendsetting move, in 1945, the brand debuted the Datejust, with a date window prominently displayed on the dial.
The company’s two most iconic models are sports watches. Although the Submariner, which debuted in 1953, was developed as a dive watch, its waterproof case, solid construction and good looks made it a favorite of adventurers and urbanites alike, including James Bond, who wore it in classics like Dr. No and Goldfinger. The Daytona, the racing chronograph made famous by Paul Newman, is especially sought after by collectors. Newman’s personal Daytona, which hit the auction block in 2017, sold for $17.8 million.
Find vintage Rolex watches, bracelets and more on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Brisbane, Australia
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Vintage Circa 1970s 1.41 Carat Bright Teal Sapphire Ring 18 Carat Yellow GoldLocated in Hamilton, AUSometimes the simplest of designs offer the greatest of rewards. Crafted in 18 carat gold, The Sojourner Ring celebrates a rich teal sapphire in a refined setting, allowing her star ...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Engagement RingsMaterials
Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage circa 1970s Diamond 18 Carat Yellow & White Gold Patterned Signet RingLocated in Hamilton, AUForged in 18 carat gold, this classic ring features a patterned yellow gold band rising to a white gold squared top holding one shimmering round brilliant cut diamond. Her name is Th...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Signet RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Circa 1970s Hammer Set Round Brilliant Diamond Band 18 Carat Yellow GoldLocated in Hamilton, AUCrafted in 18 carat gold, The Selma Ring is a classic jewel set with five sparkling diamonds around her elegant curved front. A wonderful symbol of shared love, where two hearts beat...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage circa 1970s 18 Carat Yellow Gold Star Set Diamond Unisex Signet RingLocated in Hamilton, AUForged in 18 carat yellow gold, this handsome vintage signet ring features a star-set diamond in a square white gold platform atop a high-polish band with grooved matte textured shou...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Signet RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Circa 1970s Australian Opal 14 Carat Gold Pendant & 18 Carat ChainLocated in Hamilton, AUExpertly crafted in 14 carat yellow gold, The Titus Necklet is stunning with her luminous freeform solid Australian opal flashing blue, green, yellow and fiery orange and red. The sw...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Opal, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage Circa 1970s Rubover Rutilated Quartz Cabochon Ring 9 Carat Yellow GoldLocated in Hamilton, AUForged in 9 carat gold, The Regan Ring is set with a bold rutilated quartz cabochon, a fabulously bold design for lovers of ecclectic adornments and as unique as the one who wears he...Category
20th Century Unknown Modern Dome RingsMaterials
Quartz, 9k Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold
- Rolex Pearlmaster 29mm 69298By RolexLocated in Surfside, FLRolex Datejust Pearlmaster with original diamond dial, bezel and bracelet in 18k. Auto w/ sweep seconds and date. 29 mm case size. Ref 69298. Circa 1991. **Bank wire only at this price** Fine Pre-owned Rolex Watch. Certified preowned Dress Rolex Pearlmaster 69298 watch is made out of yellow gold on a 18K & Diamonds bracelet with a 18k Deploy buckle. This Rolex watch has a 29 x 29 mm case with a Round caseback and Gold Diamond dial. It is Certified Authentic and comes backed by our 24-month warranty. Each watch is inspected by our certified in-house Swiss-trained watchmakers before shipment including final servicing, cleaning, and polishing. If you have inquiries about this Rolex Pearlmaster watch...Category
1990s Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Rolex Yachtmaster 29mm White Dial Steel Yellow Gold Ladies Watch 69623By RolexLocated in Atlanta, GARolex Yachtmaster 29mm White Dial Steel Yellow Gold Ladies Watch 69623. Officially certified chronometer automatic self-winding movement. Stainless steel and 18K yellow gold case 29 ...Category
20th Century Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow Gold, Steel
- Vintage Rolex Cellini Vignette Diamond Dial 4084By RolexLocated in London, GBA stunning yellow gold Cellini by Rolex. Featuring a rare vignette dial with diamond set hour markers and a yellow gold bezel. The watch is also equipped with a sapphire glass, a man...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Rolex Watch Cellini Yellow GoldBy RolexLocated in PARIS, FRWatch signed by the house of Rolex in yellow and white gold 750 thousandths (18 carats). women's watch model Cellini numbered. size of the dial: 1.51. size of...Category
20th Century French Wrist WatchesMaterials
Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Rolex Cellini 5113/8 Yellow Gold WatchBy RolexLocated in London, GBThe Rolex Cellini is a elegant watch combining high standards pf perfection and harmony in each detail, set with Diamonds in 18ct Yellow Gold case and buckle, with 2 pieces of black crocodile leather strap. This is a timeless piece. Additional Information: Total Weight: 21.7g 18ct Yellow Gold Natural Diamonds Case size: 24mm Strap Width: 12.40mm Dial Colour: Mother of Pearl Crystal: Sapphire Rolex Box...Category
2010s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Rolex Datejust 18k Gold Reference 16018 WatchBy RolexLocated in Roma, ITRolex Datejust 18k yellow gold Diameter 36mm Reference no. 16018 Year of production 1977 1 year warranty against malfunctionCategory
Vintage 1970s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k GoldFree Shipping
- Fireplace mantel in "France Red" speckled marble with carved flowers, FranceLocated in Cuneo, Italy (CN)Antique fireplace frame, carved in speckled marble called "France Red", very charming and with carved flowers, built in France for a noble palace. Beautiful color of precious marble,...Category
Antique 19th Century French Fireplaces and MantelsMaterials
- Charlotte Perriand Chairs , French Dining Chairs 1960’sBy Charlotte PerriandLocated in PÉZENAS, FRa pretty series of 6 rustic chairs by Charlotte Perriand the chairs have been freshly reupholstered by a specialist the beech structure is very solid with a beautiful 60's patina ...Category
Mid-20th Century French Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Chanel Vintage Mini Wrist BagBy ChanelLocated in West Hollywood, CAChanel Vintage gold mini wrist bag with a golden chain made like a super elegant bracelet. The chain is decorated with little CC logos and looks like a small...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pouches and Wristlets
- Hermès Rose Tea Ghillies 35 cm BirkinBy HermèsLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Hermès Rose Tea Ghillies 35 cm Birkin is in pristine condition. Hermès bags are considered the ultimate luxury item the world over. Hand stitched by skilled craftsmen...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Rolex: 13+ Expert Tips
Learn the devious techniques that counterfeiters use to sell inauthentic pieces at authentic prices. Of course, you don't have to worry about that on 1stDibs, where every seller of Rolex watches is highly vetted.
Rolex Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know about Choosing the Right Watch
From understanding the models to choosing among vintage, pre-owned and new watches, here’s our expert advice on finding the best Rolex for you.