Chanel Vintage 90’s Runway Rhinestone Double Strand CC Diamond Belt
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Chanel Vintage 90’s Runway Rhinestone CC Diamond BeltBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel Vintage Logo Rhinestone Belt Gold plated brass logo rhinestone belt from Chanel Vintage featuring a logo to the front Made in FranceCategory
1990s French Belts
- Chanel Gold Iconic Logo Cc Runway Vintage 1993 Very Rare BeltBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLYear: 1993 Size 75/30 100% Authentic CHANEL from 1993 Printemps Collection (Spring). - Black leather belt with massive CC charms. - Leather and chain swag with CC charm at the end. ...Category
1990s Italian Belts
- Chanel Gold Gold-mesh Multi Strand Chain Tortoise Cc Logo Spring 1997 BeltBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLAdd a splash of regal, ultra stylish appeal to your ensemble with this belt! We love the tortoise shell - it really adds such a gorgeous textural feel to the piece! Designer: Chanel...Category
1990s Italian Belts
- Chanel Vintage 90's Runway Collector COCO CHANEL Gold Letters Belt Necklace RareBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel Vintage 90's Runway Collector COCO CHANEL Gold Letters Belt Necklace Rare Vintage Chanel belt from 1993 featured in gold with black leather...Category
Early 1900s French Belts
- Christian Dior Vintage Belt Saddle Bag Bum Bag Waist Fanny PackBy Christian DiorLocated in Miami, FLRare and Vintage Christian Dior Canvas and Brown Leather Saddle Fanny Pack Beige Canvas saddle bag lined with brown leather piping Brown leath...Category
Early 2000s Italian Belt Bags
- Chanel Vintage Beige CC Flap Waist Bag Quilted Caviar Small BagBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel Vintage Beige CC Flap Waist Bag Quilted Caviar Small Bag Color: Brown Material: Leather Hardware Color: Gold 5.5"W x 5.5"H x 1.5"DCategory
1990s Italian Belt Bags
- Prada Multi Gold Studded Coco-Brown Fringed with Black Beadwork Buckle BeltBy PradaLocated in New York, NYPrada's wonderfully wicked coco-brown fringed buckle belt is detailed with multi gilded gold hardware studs throughout accented with black multi-beveled oblong beadwork. The w...Category
Early 2000s Italian Belts
- Christian Dior by John Galliano Saddle Belt Bag, Spring-Summer 2002By John Galliano, Christian DiorLocated in Geneva, CHThe ultimate "it” bag of the early 2000's, the "Saddle Bag" is probably the most iconic and recognizable "object" John Galliano created for Dior. The prolific whimsical designer has ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Belt Bags
- Chanel Red Leather Belt, 1990-2000s Pristine Condition, Never Worn.By ChanelLocated in Buchanan, MIChanel Red Leather Belt, 1990-2000s Pristine Condition, Never Worn. Red Leather Buckel With Chanel Stamp.Category
20th Century Belts
- Roberta di Camerino Black & Brown Cut Velvet and Silver Plate Buckle Waist BeltLocated in North Miami, FLThis stunning never used Italian Roberta di Camerino waist belt has cut velvet in brown and black and silver plate as the hardware of a true belt buckle. It is a seamless close and open for the buckle; just a turn of the latch. it is for a very small waist. We would say a size 0 or 2 dress size maybe stretching to a size very tiny 4. When closed up the belt is 12" W and 1.85" H. The belt opened up end to end is 31" W or L end to end inclusive of the silver belt buckle hardware...Category
1980s Italian Belts
- Yves Saint Laurent Red Green Passementerie Tassel Belt Bag YSL, 1990sBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Boca Raton, FLPassementerie accessories are a staple to early YSL collections. The craftsmanship of these designs allows for an exciting way to bring together interesting color combos and provides a simple way to elevate an ensemble. This 1990s YSL belt bag...Category
1990s French Belts
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery