1994 CHANEL White CC Logo Futuristic Sunglasses
View Similar Items
1994 CHANEL White CC Logo Futuristic Sunglasses
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Black Sunglasses Polarized Grey Lens Beads Gold HW 5376B-A c501-S8By ChanelLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC CHANEL BLACK SUNGLASSES BEADS AT ARMS Details: - Polarized grey lens. - Beads at arms. - Gold HW. - Comes with Chanel sunglass case. Measurements, Approx: - L...Category
- New Vintage Cartier Titanium 53MM Semi Rimless Grey Lens Case France SunglassesBy CartierLocated in Baleares, BalearesNew 1990 Cartier Titanium semi rimless sunglasses with grey (uv protection) lenses. All hallmarks. Cartier signs on the black ear paddles. Please notice this item its nearly 30 ...Category
- Vintage Ray Ban Wayfarer Classic Olympic Albertville G15 '92 Bl Us SunglassesBy Ray-BanLocated in Baleares, BalearesNew classic Wayfarer in sleek black. B&L etched in both G15 grey lenses. Please notice that this item is nearly 40 years old and could show some storage wear. New, ever worn o...Category
1980s American Sunglasses
- New Vintage Cartier Courcelles Platine Plated 51 20 Frame France 1990 SunglassesBy CartierLocated in Baleares, BalearesNew 1990 Cartier Courcelles 51  20 Sunglasses with brown (uv protection) lenses. All hallmarks. Cartier signs on the ear paddles. These are like a...Category
1990s French Sunglasses
- France square sunglasses by ArgosBy Argosol S.r.l. De RigoLocated in Santa Clarita, CAMAKE: Argos MODEL: Festival 65 - 1321 MADE IN: France ERA: 1970s CONDITION: New Old Stock [never worn] DIMENSIONS: Lens width: 59 mm / 2 5/16 in Lens height: 40 mm / 1 9/16 in B...Category
1970s French Sunglasses
- Gucci 70s vintage sunglassesBy GucciLocated in Santa Clarita, CAMAKE: Gucci MODEL: GG2106 - 44B MADE IN: Italy ERA: 1970s CONDITION: New Old Stock [never worn] DIMENSIONS: Lens width: 60 mm / 2 3/8 in Lens height: 53 mm / 2 1/16 in Bridge: 1...Category
1970s Italian Sunglasses$272 Sale Price44% Off
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.