Chanel Fuchsia Wool Jacket
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Limi Feu Grey Knitted Wool Bolero Cardigan with Silver PinBy Limi FeuLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Limi Feu grey knitted wool bolero cardigan. - Featuring a silver pin fastening. - Light tweed fabric with some silver metallic wire. - The designer father is Yohji Yamamoto. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Bolero Jackets
- Vintage Fall 1997 Chanel Grey Wool Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel grey wool double breasted jacket from 1997 A/W collection. - Round collar. - Two front open pockets. - Silver toned "CC" button and three "Chanel Paris" butto...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Moschino Couture White Organic Wool Fabric JacketBy Moschino CoutureLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Moschino Couture white " Nature-Friendly Garment" organic wool fabric Jacket. Such a unique jacket! Franco Moschino is really a pioneer and provocative designer who alw...Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- 90s Alberta Ferretti Navy Pom Bouclé JacketBy Alberta FerrettiLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Alberta Ferretti navy shawl collar pom bouclé jacket. - Featuring one button and two pockets. - Height: 80cm I Bust: 30cm I Waist: 70cm I Sleeve: 59cm I Shoulder: 13cmCategory
1990s Italian Jackets
- Vintage Franck Sorbier Haute Couture Black Velvet Mother of Pearl Buttons JacketLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Frank Sorbier Haute Couture black velvet jacket. - Featuring embedded Mother of Pearl buttons throughout the jacket. - Mother of Pearls...Category
1990s French Dinner Jackets
- Vintage 80s Alberta Ferretti Studio Black Officer JacketBy Alberta FerrettiLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Alberta Ferretti Studio officer jacket in black. - Featuring red trim with gold link chain collar lapel, front flap pockets and cuffs....Category
1980s Italian Jackets
- Gucci S/S 2008 black leather short sleeve gold zip cropped leather dress jacketBy GucciLocated in Paris, FRGucci Spring Summer 2008 cropped leather jacket with short sleeves in black Gold hardware with Gucci engraved popper buttons and buckles Oversized braided buttons Closes via a zip a...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Hiroko Koshino Japan Black Design Jacket 1980Located in Amsterdam, NLVintage jacket from Japanese designer "Hiroko Koshino" with long front (88cm/34.64 inch) and attached inside vest, inside button with a short back (65c...Category
20th Century Unknown Blazers
- 1980's Escada Couture Gold Sequins JacketBy EscadaLocated in Amsterdam, NLRare Escada Couture gold/silver /black/bronze fully sequins ladies evening/party jacket. We offer more exclusive items, view our frontstore. Details: ...Category
20th Century German Dinner Jackets
- Pierre Balmain Paris red rose light wool jacketBy Pierre BalmainLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis Balmain jacket is made from wool has 3 closing buttons and 2 pockets. Size is mentioned French 44 but fits as US 10 or EU 40 See section measurements. Please note that vintage ...Category
20th Century French Vests
- Yves Saint Laurent Burgundy Velvet JacketBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis vintage YSL "Rive Gauche" jacket is made of soft bordeaux velvet with 5 black buttons at the front, no pockets. Size is marked EU 42 but fits like a EU 40/ US 10, please refer t...Category
20th Century French Blazers
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.