Franco Moschino Heart Jacket
View Similar Items
Franco Moschino Heart Jacket
The soft grey flannel is bordered with deep red wool, which is also used to outline the bound buttonholes. The lining is a matching deep red rayon in the pockets and the jacket.
This charming and witty jacket allows you to wear your heart on your sleeve and the jacket is in excellent condition.
Sleeve 21 1/2"
About the Designer
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- Gucci S/S 2008 black leather short sleeve gold zip cropped leather dress jacketBy GucciLocated in Paris, FRGucci Spring Summer 2008 cropped leather jacket with short sleeves in black Gold hardware with Gucci engraved popper buttons and buckles Oversized braided buttons Closes via a zip a...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Vintage THIERRY MUGLER Structured Belted Chain Burnt Orange Wool JacketBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage THIERRY MUGLER Structured Belted Chain Burnt Orange Wool Jacket Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips : Shoulders: 17.32 inches (44 cm) Sleeves: 2...Category
20th Century French Jackets
- 5 x Antique Spanish Matador Costume VestsLocated in Amsterdam, NLThese are 5 unique antique handmade Spanish toreador vests for costumes, Traje de Luces We offer more exclusive vintage items, view our frontstore. De...Category
20th Century Spanish Coats and Outerwear
- Hiroko Koshino Japan Black Design Jacket 1980Located in Amsterdam, NLVintage jacket from Japanese designer "Hiroko Koshino" with long front (88cm/34.64 inch) and attached inside vest, inside button with a short back (65c...Category
20th Century Unknown Blazers$639 Sale Price20% Off
- 1980's Escada Couture Gold Sequins JacketBy EscadaLocated in Amsterdam, NLRare Escada Couture gold/silver /black/bronze fully sequins ladies evening/party jacket. We offer more exclusive items, view our frontstore. Details: ...Category
20th Century German Dinner Jackets$869 Sale Price20% Off
- Pierre Balmain Paris red rose light wool jacketBy Pierre BalmainLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis Balmain jacket is made from wool has 3 closing buttons and 2 pockets. Size is mentioned French 44 but fits as US 10 or EU 40 See section measurements. Please note that vintage ...Category
20th Century French Vests$637 Sale Price35% Off