- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Iconic Moschino Vintage 90s Pop Art Blazer Jacket with Lucky 13, Horseshoe + Cat
- DimensionsLength: 23 in. (58.42 cm)Marked Size: I 44/ D 40/ F 40/ GB 12/ USA 10 (EU)Bust: 34 in. (86.36 cm)Waist: 29 in. (73.66 cm)
- StyleVivienne Westwood (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Seller LocationSparks, NV
- Reference NumberSeller: 1D-17491stDibs: LU3862354013
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Sparks, NV
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- Moschino Couture! Vintage 1990s 90s Cream Blazer or Suit JacketBy Moschino, Moschino CoutureLocated in Sparks, NVGorgeous cream jacket with unique buttons and front pockets. By Moschino Couture! Details: Fully Lined Front Pockets Shoulder Pads Sewn Into Lining Front Button Closure/ Bu...Category
Late 20th Century Cropped Jackets
- Moschino Vintage Quilted Denim Biker Jacket with Bottle Cap AppliquesBy MoschinoLocated in Sparks, NVVintage quilted denim biker jacket by Moschino jeans with bottle cap appliques. Details: Fully Lined Front Pockets Shoulder Pads Sewn Into Lining Front Metal Zip Closure M...Category
1990s Jackets$675 Sale Price20% Off
- 1990s Moschino Vintage Map Jacket with Working Compass Bobble ButtonsBy MoschinoLocated in Sparks, NVIncredible vintage 1990s Moschino jacket with an atlas-inspired blue stitching design. The highlight of the jacket is the oversized working compass buttons that move has you change d...Category
- Moschino Vintage "Full Nature Jacket" Skirt Suit with Carved Animal ButtonsBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVRare Moschino Cheap & Chic "Nature Friendly Garment" label! This skirt and jacket ensemble features carved animal novelty buttons and a faded graphic across the back of the jacket wh...Category
1990s Skirt Suits$995 Sale Price20% Off
- Moschino Vintage 1990s Red + Black Color Block JacketBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVVintage two-tone color block jacket in red and black by Cheap and Chic by Moschino. Fully lined with front button closure. Velcro closure at collar and on sides. Fabric: 52% Rayon/ 4...Category
- Moschino Vintage 90s Black Blazer Jacket with Novelty "Thimble" ButtonsBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVDouble breasted blazer jacket with unique novelty buttons shaped like sewing thimbles. By Moschino. Details: Fully Lined Front Pockets Shoulder Pads Sewn Into Lining Front B...Category
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Jackets
1990s Cropped Jackets
1990s Cropped Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery