- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Zigzag jacquard pattern Men jacket with branded lining Fendi
About the Item
- Dimensions:Width: 17.33 in (44 cm)Length: 29.53 in (75 cm)Marked Size: 48 (EU)Bust: 37.01 in (94 cm)Waist: 35.44 in (90 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 26.78 in (68 cm)
- Style:Circa 2010 (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin:
- Material Notes:Zigzag jacquard pattern Men jacket with branded lining. Authenticity hologram. 2 outside pockets and 4 inside pockets ( different size). Shoulder pads
- Seller Location:Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR
- Reference Number:Seller: B3556 1stDibs: LU2170218135302
Like other major European luxury fashion houses, Fendi started small. Adele Casagrande was an Italian creative who loved fashion and sold leather and fur accessories from a tiny workshop she opened in Rome in 1918. However, after marrying Edoardo Fendi in 1925, her business model was altered dramatically. Together, the couple changed the boutique’s name to Fendi and moved into a bigger storefront, which quickly became the favorite shop of women all over Italy’s capital city for furs and leathers, such as handbags, coats and accessories.
As time moved on for Adele and Edoardo, the couple began to share more responsibility to their five daughters, who assumed management of the company during the 1950s. Fendi’s audience broadened and its profitability has soared over the years, owing to the brand’s fresh perspective on fashion world happenings and innovative sensibility. The maison also has a distinctive relationship with old-world Italian craftsmanship. The Selleria bags were the work of master saddlers in Rome, and Fendi partnered with lace artisans in southern Italy as well as craftsmen in the east trained in the intrecciato (intertwined) technique (an idea that Adele introduced during the 1940s), which, in Fendi’s case, sees an interwoven leather fabric integrated in the creation of its handbags, countering leather’s traditional rigidity with a bag that is soft, versatile and fitted with an alluring slouchy curve.
It wasn’t until 1965, however, when a young German designer named Karl Lagerfeld took the creative helm that Fendi became a world-renowned fashion house. In fact, Lagerfeld, who produced four to five collections yearly for the brand, is credited with creating Fendi’s instantly recognizable double-F logo (which stands for “Fun Furs”) in “less than five seconds.” Until Lagerfeld started designing for the brand, fur was a material mostly associated with heavy coats that few people actually wore. Lagerfeld reimagined fur in creative ways, using it as an accent on purses, cuffs on dress sleeves and collars on wool coats.
Over the ensuing years, Fendi has broken into the home-goods market with Fendi Casa and has become synonymous with luxury fashion, producing such pieces as the iconic Baguette, which was rendered ever popular on the television series Sex and the City. In fact, an entire episode during the third season was dedicated to the “original It bag,” a slim accessory tapered in a manner that recalls its namesake, designed in 1997 by Adele and Edoardo’s granddaughter Silvia Venturini Fendi, who was named creative director of accessories three years earlier.
Perhaps just as well known as its vintage Baguette handbags and creative use of fur is the brand’s devotion to its Italian roots. In 2013, Fendi donated more than 2 million euros to restore Rome’s Trevi Fountain, and when it was reopened to visitors, Fendi hosted its Autumn/Winter 2017 show on top of the landmark.
Fendi was a family-controlled brand until 1999 and is now owned by LVMH. In late 2020, British fashion designer Kim Jones was named the house’s artistic director for womens wear.
Find a wide variety of vintage Fendi handbags and purses, clothing and other accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, France
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Black jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack jacket and top with black plastic pellet on a chiffon base. See-through on the back of the top. SIZE :MCategory
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Double breasted tweed jacket Krizia PoiBy KRIZIA POILocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRDouble breasted tweed jacket. Fabric composition: 85% acrylic, 10% wool, 5% nylon. Lining: 100% rayon SIZE 46 (It) 42 (Fr) 12 (Us)Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Grey tweed jacket with mother of pearls beads on the edge ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRGrey tweed jacket with mother of pearls beads on the edge. Cotton lining. Shoulder pads. Metallic chain in the inside bottom edge. SIZE 42 (L)Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Velvet lamb suede jacket with fringes edge Yves Saint Laurent RiveBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRTerracotta velvet lamb suede jacket with fringes edge. Acetate lining. Shoulder pads. SIZE 36 ( M)Category
1980s French Jackets
- Irland's lace handmade cotton crochet 1900Located in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRIrland's lace handmade cotton crochetCategory
Early 1900s Bolero Jackets
- Black perfecto leather jacket Jitrois NEW with tagBy Jean-Claude JitroisLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack perfecto leather jacket. Shoulder pad. NEW with tag SIZE 36Category
2010s European Jackets
- Fendi by Karl Lagerfeld blue and brown cowhide jacket and pants set, fw 1999By Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in London, GB▪ Fendi jacket and pants set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Blue and brown cowhide ▪ Long sleeve zip-up jacket ▪ Crystal adornments to the collar and cuffs ▪ Matching straight-le...Category
1990s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Fendi Spring 2000 Zucca Sequins SkirtBy Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Prague, CZSize IT 44. Measurements (flat lay on one side): Waist - 40-45 cm (15,7- 17,6 in) Hips - 51-55 cm (20-21,5 in) Length - 60 cm (23 in) \ Excellent vintage condition. Minor signs of...Category
Early 2000s Skirts
- FENDI – Iconic Black and Blue Blouse with 3/4 Kimono Sleeves Size 2US 34EUBy Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Cuggiono, MIJuxtaposing Dark Blue and Black has always been an iconic trait of many Fendi collections. Introduced by Carla Fendi and then continued by Karl Lagerfeld, this symbol repeats in many...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Fendi Shift Dress Spring2010By Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Los Angeles, CAFendi by Karl Lagerfeld Shift Dress Spring / Summer 2010 Look 36 White tulle net White embroidery curved details Small round gunmetal silver bead detailing throughout dress Rounded...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Day Dresses
- Fendi by Karl Lagerfeld pink and brown cowhide baguette and pants set, fw 1999By Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in London, GB▪ Fendi 'Baguette' bag and pants set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Brown and pink cowhide ▪ Straight leg pants ▪ 'Baguette' flap bag with brown leather adjustable shoulder strap ...Category
1990s Italian Pants
- Fendi Spring 2000 Embroidered Mesh TopBy Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Prague, CZExtremely rare piece from the iconic Fendi by Karl Lagerfeld collection with tags still attached. Size IT 40, recommended for sizes S and M. Measurements (flat lay on one side): A...Category
Early 2000s Blouses
Recently ViewedView More
The Fendi Baguette Is an ‘It’ Bag Again, 25 Years After Its Introduction
Iconic Italian fashion houses Fendi and Versace teamed up on this delightfully outrageous Fendace reimagining.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery