Moschino Cheap Chic Black Bustier Corset Fringe
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: Size 6 (US)Shoulder to Hem: 17 in (43.18 cm)
- Style:1990s (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Los Angeles, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2262212625142
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Missoni Size 42 Black White V Neck Sleeveless Wool Knit TopBy MissoniLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis runway piece by Missonis is a real show stopper! Perfect over leggings with boots for Fall. Perhaps wear a turtleneck sweater underneath. Sold out online. Size 42 Across the ...Category
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Moschino Jeans Black White Jersey TopBy Moschino, Moschino JeansLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino jeans black white jersey top Be retro cool wearing this vintage Moschino Jeans "Whatever" long sleeve top! White lettering all over the black top. Just a hint of starting to crack. Pair with white or black skinny jeans...Category
1990s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Louis Vuitton Black Velvet Ruffle Neck BlouseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Los Angeles, CAThe perfect evening top is here in a nice velvet with ruffle neck and tie at the back! Pair with pencil pants or a pencil skirt for a nice look. Across ch...Category
2010s French Blouses and Tops
- Moschino Couture Black Les Grandes Toilettes TopBy Moschino Couture, MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino couture black les grandes toilettes top Moschino bring a sense of humor to the forefront with this fun top! Pair with black skinny pants or pencil skirt for a finished look...Category
1980s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Moschino Couture Black Gold Whistle TopBy Moschino CoutureLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino couture black gold whistle top Moschino Couture's sense of humor is evident in this IN CASE OF EMERGENCY shirt with gold chain and whistle. The inside lining at the neck tends to turn out see last picture. Rare! Great for the collector. From 1989 Cruise Me Baby Collection...Category
1980s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Moschino Couture Black Top I Feel GreatBy Moschino CoutureLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino couture black top I feel great Weekend dressing can be extra special and fun wearing embroidered tops like this one from Moschino Couture. Pair with black pencil pants and ...Category
1980s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Vintage Yves Saint Laurent Tom Ford Bell Sleeve Shirt TopBy Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Oakland, CAThis is a vintage YSL Rive Gauche black rayon long sleeve top with a deep V-front and bell-sleeve detail. I believe this is 2002 or 2003 Tom Ford era YSL. Made in Italy, 100% rayon....Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Versace Vintage 1990s Oversize Classic Black Western Button Down ShirtBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Oakland, CAVersace Jeans Signature classic black western cowboy shirt. Black cotton with contrast orange stitching. Gold logo buttons throughout. Button c...Category
1990s Italian Shirts
- Helmut Lang Black T shirt Extended Hem Detail SS 1997By Helmut LangLocated in Berlin, DEArchival Helmut Lang black T shirt with white satin cutout hem panel detail from SS 1997. Tag missing on the neck line, only side tag remains.Category
1990s Austrian Tank Tops
- Helmut Lang Limited Edition T shirt 1999By Helmut LangLocated in Berlin, DEHelmut Lang khaki mesh T shirt from New York collection 1999. Fits like S - M.Category
1990s Austrian T-Shirts
- Comme des Garcons Black White Floral Short Sleeve Blouse AD 2001By Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Berlin, DEComme des Garcons floral Blouse AD 2001. Black and white ditsy print. Short length sleeves, little V neck with collar and front button closure. Unlined. Measurements ; Shoulder : ca...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Blouses
- Huishan Zhang Black Polka Dot Midi Skirt, Size 4Located in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The skirt features mesh finish with velvet polka dot print, tulle style with ruffled detail on the bottom.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery