SS20 Moschino Underwear Underbear Teddy Bear T-shirt by Jeremy Scott, Size S
About the Item
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Palm Springs, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- AW18 Moschino Couture Eyes Oversized T-shirt by Jeremy Scott & Ben FrostBy Jeremy Scott, MoschinoLocated in Palm Springs, CAAW18 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott x Ben Frost Eyes Multicolor Oversized T-shirt Additional Information: Material: 100% Cotton Color: Multicolor Size: XS Pattern: Abstract, Allover ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian T-Shirts
- SS20 Moschino Underwear Underbear Teddy Bear T-shirt by Jeremy Scott, Size LBy Jeremy Scott, MoschinoLocated in Palm Springs, CASS20 Moschino Underwear Jeremy Scott Blue Underbear Teddy Bear Cotton T-shirt Additional Information: Material: 94% Cotton, 6% EA Color: Blue, Brown, Red Size: L / US M Pattern: Sol...Category
21st Century and Contemporary T-Shirts
- Adidas Originals x Jeremy Scott JS I Love My Attitude Problem Wings T-shirt XLBy Jeremy ScottLocated in Palm Springs, CAAdidas Originals x Jeremy Scott JS I Love My Attitude Problem Wings T-shirt XL Additional Information: Material: Cotton Blend Color: Multi-Color/Yellow Pattern: I love my attitud...Category
- AW18 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott Star Wars "Couture Wars" Black T-shirt- 40 ITBy Jeremy Scott, MoschinoLocated in Palm Springs, CAAW18 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott Star Wars "Couture Wars" Black T-shirt- 40 IT / US 6 Additional Information: Material: 100% Cotton Color: Black / Yellow Pattern: Couture Wars Style: T-Shirt Size: 40 IT Character Family: Star Wars 100% Authentic!!! Condition: Brand new with tags attached Print, Solid color, Printed front, Round collar, Ribber collar, Short sleeves. T-shirt in cotton jersey and regular fit embellished with Couture Wars print...Category
- SS17 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott JustSayMoschino Cotton White Black T-shirtBy Jeremy Scott, MoschinoLocated in Palm Springs, CASS17 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott JustSayMoschino Cotton White Black T-shirt Additional Information: Material: 100% Cotton Color: White / Black Pattern: Just Say Moschino Style: Graphic Tee Size: 2XS, XS, S 100% Authentic!!! Condition: Brand new with tags attached Print, Jersey, Solid color, Round collar, Short sleeves, Logo. Loose Fit - take your true size Measurements of the shirt for size xS: Length (not including collar) - 27.5" Pit to Pit - 20" Shoulder to shoulder...Category
2010s Italian T-Shirts
- Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott Black Tube Top w/Silver Flowers Embellishments 10By Jeremy Scott, MoschinoLocated in Palm Springs, CAMoschino Couture Jeremy Scott Black Tube Top w/Silver Flowers Embellishments US 10 Additional Information: Material: 64% Rayon, 36% Cotton, Polyamide ...Category
2010s Italian Strapless Tops
- Alexander Mcqueen Blue Classic MCQ Plaid Button Down Long Sleeve SZ Small ShirtBy Alexander McQueenLocated in Downey, CAAlexander Mcqueen Blue Classic Mcq Plaid Button Down Long Sleeve SZ Small Shirt This blue cotton button-down shirt from Alexander McQueen is a fine example of the label's contempora...Category
- JEAN PAUL GAULTIER SS 2001 co-ord mesh shirt and trousers Bacteria printBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Genève, CHCo-ord set with iconic Bacteria print from Gaultier SS 2001, fantastic condition. Made in Italy. Set is Top is in size XL, made of extremely flexible polyamide mesh and can fit from...Category
Early 2000s Italian Trouser Pant Suits
- Mint Jeans De Christian Lacroix T-shirtBy Christian LacroixLocated in London, GBA mint coloured Jean de Christian Lacroix t-shirt with ‘Jeans Lacroix’ flocked print over a semi-sheer mesh cut out in a stylised pattern. This T-shirt is slim fit and features the ‘...Category
Late 20th Century Italian T-Shirts
- JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Maille turquoise mesh shirt Y2KBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Genève, CHJean-Paul Gaultier semi-sheer mesh top -Maille Femme collection -Made in Italy -Circa 1995-2005 -100% Polyamid -Estimated size: 36 FR to 40 FR (marke...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French T-Shirts
- Oscar de la Renta Argyle Patterned Sequined TopBy Oscar De La RentaLocated in New York, NYOscar de la Renta, argyle pattern, long sleeve, v neck top, encrusted with multi tone sequins and rhinestone detail . Top has Sapphire blue background w...Category
1980s American Blouses and Tops
- 1980's Matsuda Psychedelic Print Short Sleeve TopBy Mitsuhiro MatsudaLocated in Laguna Beach, CA1980's Matsuda green and blue polyester blend short sleeve top with an open neckline and all-over swirling psychedelic print. New with Tags.Category
20th Century Japanese Blouses and Tops