Fendi Mens 9EU Black Slip-On Logo Calfskin Mesh Low Top Sneakers 7E1234
About the Item
Like other major European luxury fashion houses, Fendi started small. Adele Casagrande was an Italian creative who loved fashion and sold leather and fur accessories from a tiny workshop she opened in Rome in 1918. However, after marrying Edoardo Fendi in 1925, her business model was altered dramatically. Together, the couple changed the boutique’s name to Fendi and moved into a bigger storefront, which quickly became the favorite shop of women all over Italy’s capital city for furs and leathers, such as handbags, coats and accessories.
As time moved on for Adele and Edoardo, the couple began to share more responsibility to their five daughters, who assumed management of the company during the 1950s. Fendi’s audience broadened and its profitability has soared over the years, owing to the brand’s fresh perspective on fashion world happenings and innovative sensibility. The maison also has a distinctive relationship with old-world Italian craftsmanship. The Selleria bags were the work of master saddlers in Rome, and Fendi partnered with lace artisans in southern Italy as well as craftsmen in the east trained in the intrecciato (intertwined) technique (an idea that Adele introduced during the 1940s), which, in Fendi’s case, sees an interwoven leather fabric integrated in the creation of its handbags, countering leather’s traditional rigidity with a bag that is soft, versatile and fitted with an alluring slouchy curve.
It wasn’t until 1965, however, when a young German designer named Karl Lagerfeld took the creative helm that Fendi became a world-renowned fashion house. In fact, Lagerfeld, who produced four to five collections yearly for the brand, is credited with creating Fendi’s instantly recognizable double-F logo (which stands for “Fun Furs”) in “less than five seconds.” Until Lagerfeld started designing for the brand, fur was a material mostly associated with heavy coats that few people actually wore. Lagerfeld reimagined fur in creative ways, using it as an accent on purses, cuffs on dress sleeves and collars on wool coats.
Over the ensuing years, Fendi has broken into the home-goods market with Fendi Casa and has become synonymous with luxury fashion, producing such pieces as the iconic Baguette, which was rendered ever popular on the television series Sex and the City. In fact, an entire episode during the third season was dedicated to the “original It bag,” a slim accessory tapered in a manner that recalls its namesake, designed in 1997 by Adele and Edoardo’s granddaughter Silvia Venturini Fendi, who was named creative director of accessories three years earlier.
Perhaps just as well known as its vintage Baguette handbags and creative use of fur is the brand’s devotion to its Italian roots. In 2013, Fendi donated more than 2 million euros to restore Rome’s Trevi Fountain, and when it was reopened to visitors, Fendi hosted its Autumn/Winter 2017 show on top of the landmark.
Fendi was a family-controlled brand until 1999 and is now owned by LVMH. In late 2020, British fashion designer Kim Jones was named the house’s artistic director for womens wear.
Find a wide variety of vintage Fendi handbags and purses, clothing and other accessories on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dix hills, NY
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Chanel Women's 36 Light Brown x Black CC All Over Trainer Sneaker 1CJ0106By ChanelLocated in Dix hills, NYChanel Women's 36 Light Brown x Black CC All Over Trainer Sneaker 1CJ0106 Date Code/Serial Number: W G39230 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 10" Width: 3.5" Height: 5 " ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots
- Christian Louboutin Size 36 Black Leather Lock Me Sandals Heels Turnlock 26cl127By Christian LouboutinLocated in Dix hills, NYChristian Louboutin Size 36 Black Leather Lock Me Sandals Heels Turnlock 26cl127s Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 8.75" Width: 3.2" ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Heels
- Louis Vuitton Mens US 9 Black Damier Sparkle Slip On Loafer Dress Shoe 1LV3L17By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYLouis Vuitton Mens US 9 Black Damier Sparkle Slip On Loafer Dress Shoe 1LV3L17 Date Code/Serial Number: MT 0127 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 11.5" Width: 3.75" Height: 3.7...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sandals
- Prada Women's 7.5 US Black Velcro Low Top Sneaker 128p33By PradaLocated in Dix hills, NYPrada Women's 7.5 US Black Velcro Low Top Sneaker 128p33 Date Code/Serial Number: 4P 1831 Made In: Vietnam Measurements: Length: 11" Width: 4" Height: 4.5" OVERALL VERY GOOD COND...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes
- Louis Vuitton Size 34.5 Black Monogram Satin Ballerina Flats 62lv32sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYLouis Vuitton Size 34.5 Black Monogram Satin Ballerina Flats 62lv32s Date Code/Serial Number: AR0032 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 8.5" Width: 3" Height: 2.5" OVERALL GOOD...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes
- Gucci Men's 13 US Black Monogram GG Web Sneakers 8G113By GucciLocated in Dix hills, NYGucci Men's 13 US Black Monogram GG Web Sneakers 8G113 Date Code/Serial Number: 117711 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 13 " Width: 4.5 " Height: 5 " O...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots
- Charlotte Olympia Statue of Liberty Embroidered Mule Slide Flat ShoeBy Charlotte OlympiaLocated in San Francisco, CACharlotte Olympia Lady Liberty mule features the Statue of Liberty in embroidered needlepoint at upper. Gold tone heel. Canvas slide with leather soles. Slide on. Made in Italy. S...Category
2010s Italian Slippers
- NEW Balmain Limited Edition Black & Blue High Top Leather Combat Boots 36By BalmainLocated in Switzerland, CHLimited Edition Balmain Cell Stellar high-top leather combat boots Sold out immediately Details: Black leather Balmain Cell Stellar high-top combat leather boots Round to Lace-up f...Category
2010s French Shoes
- NEW Tod's for Ferrari Black Gommino Moccasins Loafers Alligator Crocodile 10By FerrariLocated in Switzerland, CHAMAZING RARE RARE RARE TOD'S FOR FERRARI LIMITED EDITION MOCCASINS LOAFERS RETAIL PRICE 7700$ PLUS TAXES DETAILS: A signature piece that will last you for years From an exclusive and limited exotic skin collection produced for Ferrari Pure luxury Beautiful exotic skin real crocodile leather - no print! Fantastic black leather with "Ferrari"-red stitching Ferrari horse...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Moccasins
- Tom Ford for YSL SS 2004 Collection Crystal Embellished Spectator Shoes 39 US 9By Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Spectator Shoes Italian size 39 - US 9 These sensational shoes will add dramatic panache to evening elegance. Fully co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Heels
- Dior Black Leather Pointed Toe Pumps Size 40By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Wonderfully-crafted shoes added with notable elements to fit well and pair perfectly with all your plans. Make these Dior kitten heel pumps yours today! includes Original DustbagCategory
2010s Italian Heels
- Balenciaga Shimmery Black Knit Fabric Speed Trainer Sneakers Size 38By BalenciagaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Celebrating the fusion of sports and luxury fashion, these Balenciaga Speed Trainer sneakers are absolutely worth the splurge. They are laceless and so well-crafted with knit fabric ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
Recently ViewedView All
The Fendi Baguette Is an ‘It’ Bag Again, 25 Years After Its Introduction
Iconic Italian fashion houses Fendi and Versace teamed up on this delightfully outrageous Fendace reimagining.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.