- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Gucci by Tom Ford beige and brown lizard over the knee boots, fw 1999
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Tom Ford for Gucci
At the time, the internationally renowned Italian label was better known for leather goods than luxury fashion. It was also nearly bankrupt. After creative director Dawn Mello left in 1994, following a Bahrain-based investment group becoming Gucci’s majority shareholder, Ford was named creative director. The American designer soon infused the brand with a fresh sensuality and bold style.
Ford's potent vision of sexed-up femininity spanned everything from shirts to shoes to other accessories at Gucci — he reimagined the house's iconic double-ring-and-bar Horsebit hardware, a reference to the brand’s equestrian history, as a seductive low-slung belt, worn by Madonna when accepting an MTV video music award in 1995. For his fall show during that year, in which Kate Moss walked down the runway in an unbuttoned satin shirt, velvet hip-huggers and tousled hair, heralded an exciting, glammed-up era for the once fusty brand. Vogue critic Sarah Mower called it “one of those hitting-in-the-solar-plexus moments.”
As Ford shot to fame, he continued to explore plunging necklines, such as in the black and white looks of the Fall 1996 collection, and sumptuous fabrics like leather and tweed, with the Fall 2000 ready-to-wear collection ranging from sultry silk evening dresses to plush belted coats.
Ford also cranked up the seduction in the provocative ads for Gucci, particularly with regard to campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, which the fashion house acquired in 1999 (Ford was also named creative director for YSL and designed the brand’s ready-to-wear collection). Gucci's Fall/Winter 1997 campaign featured Carolyn Murphy grasping Angela Lindvall in what looked like a video still; in another shot, a face pressed against a foot in a lipstick-red heel. Each promoted a vision of modern fashion where women were sexually confident, the materials were luxurious and the styles were fearless.
In 2004, Ford and Gucci president Domenico De Sole left the company after failing to agree on the renewal of their contracts. In 2006, with De Sole as chairman, Ford launched his wildly successful eponymous menswear label. Today Ford is also an author, film director and chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- Tom Ford Gucci black silk evening robe with matching Obi belt, A/W 2002By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GBLoose fit evening robe in black silk brocade with matching Obi belt with braided leather string fastening Autumn-Winter 2002Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Men's Gucci by Tom Ford bottle green pony hair trench coat, fw 2005By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GB▪ Men's Gucci bottle green pony hair trench coat ▪ Designed by Tom Ford ▪ Double buckle waist belt ▪ Large notched lapel and collar ▪ Two front pockets ▪ Size 54 ▪ Fall-Winter 2005Category
Early 2000s Italian Coats and Outerwear
- Gucci by Tom Ford black monogram canvas and leather fitted shirt, fw 2000By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GB▪ Gucci black monogram jacquard canvas shirt ▪ Designed by Tom Ford ▪ 69% Polyester, 31% Cotton ▪ Gucci engraved snap buttons ▪ Leather collar, cuffs and trim ▪ IT 40 - FR 36 - UK 8...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses
- Gucci by Tom Ford purple embroidered lace flared evening pants, fw 1999By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GBGucci by Tom Ford purple embroidered lace and silk flared evening pants with leather ribbon bows on knees Fall-Winter 1999Category
1990s Italian Pants
- Gucci by Tom Ford black floral lace flared pants, fw 1999By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GB▪ Gucci lace evening pants ▪ Designed by Tom Ford ▪ Black floral lace ▪ Black ribbon embroidery ▪ Leather waistband ▪ Leather bows at the knees ▪ Flared leg ▪ IT 42 - FR 38 - ...Category
1990s Italian Pants
- Gucci by Tom Ford black silk babydoll mini dress, fw 2001By Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in London, GBGucci by Tom Ford babydoll mini dress in black mesh with silk appliqués in various shapes and nude slip dress. Fall-Winter 2002Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- New Rare Tom Ford for Gucci Kate Moss Ad Runway Heels Pumps Sz 8By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Leesburg, VATom Ford for Gucci Rare & Collectible Brand New * Kate Moss Black Patent Corset Heels * Size 8 * Black Patent Leather * Corset Ankle Ties * Soft Leather * 4.5" Heel * Comes with Box ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$1,425 Sale Price35% Off
- New Tom Ford for Gucci Runway Red Sequin Heels Sz 6By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Leesburg, VATom Ford for Gucci Heels Brand New Tom Ford's Final Years w/ Gucci We are Gaga over the 'House of Gucci' movie and Gucci's 100th Birthday Stunning in Red Wine U.S. Size: 6 Satin Adju...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$1,238 Sale Price24% Off
- New Tom Ford For Gucci Farewell Collection Mink Python Velvet Heels Sz 7By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Leesburg, VATom Ford for Gucci Mink Python Heels Brand New U.S. Size: 7 * Mink, Satin, Python and Velvet heels * Tom Ford's "Farewell" Collection for Gucci * Own a Piece of Fashion History Every...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$1,268 Sale Price34% Off
- Gucci by Tom Ford SS2003 "Suck Me" Velvet LoafersBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Beverly Hills, CATom Ford has always operated from the principle that sex sells. Yet by 2003, the raunch which he had once so scandalously injected into Gucci had become commonplace; the fashion worl...Category
- F/W 2004 Gucci by Tom Ford Rhinestone Purple Dragon Chain Heels Size 8.5 BBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a pair of stunning shimmery purple leather Gucci dragon heels, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 2004 collection, these strap heels feature a Gucci 'GG...Category
1990s Italian Heels$971 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 2004 Gucci by Tom Ford Rhinestone Purple Dragon Chain Heel Size 9 BBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a pair of stunning shimmery purple leather Gucci dragon heels, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 2004 collection, these strap heels feature a Gucci 'GG...Category
1990s Italian Heels$671 Sale Price25% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.