- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Black Asymmetric Skirt with Pleated Ruffles Silk Taffeta Evening 02A Sz S
- DimensionsLength: 40 in. (101.6 cm)Marked Size: unmarked fits like S (EU)Waist: 26 in. (66.04 cm)Hip: 34 in. (86.36 cm)
- StyleContemporary (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginFrance
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationPort Saint Lucie, FL
- Reference NumberSeller: Chanel Taffeta Skirt1stDibs: LU407211161662
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$70 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About Chanel (Manufacturer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis light weight crepe maxi skirt is from Chanel, made for their 2000 resort collection. It features faux-wrap...Category
Early 2000s Pencil Skirts
- By ChanelLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis luxurious Lesage skirt from Chanel is from their 02A collection. Made from a supple cotton blend (polymide...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pencil Skirts
- By ChanelLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLAuthentic, preowned Chanel mocha brown lambskin leather skirt, size 36 from the 99P collection . CC logo stamped...Category
- By Ivan GrundahlLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis incredibly rare sculptural skirt was made by Ivan Grundahl Copenhagen in 2010. Made from black microfiber, ...Category
- By GucciLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLHere's a cool silk skirt from GUCCI circa 2002. Made from 100% silk chiffon, it features panels of draped fabri...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pleated SkirtsSize: Unmarked$200
- By Tom FordLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis fabulous dropped hem skirt was made by Tom Ford and retailed for $1295. Made from a light weight wool, it's...Category
2010s Pencil SkirtsSize: 38$315 Sale Price20% Off
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Skirts
2010s Pencil Skirts
Late 20th Century Skirts
21st Century and Contemporary A-Line Skirts
1980s A-Line Skirts
21st Century and Contemporary Pencil Skirts
2010s A-Line Skirts
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery