- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
runway GIVENCHY TISCI 100% silk pastel green pleated knee length skirt IT38 25"
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 25.99 in (66 cm)Marked Size: 38 (EU)Waist: 12.6 in (32 cm)Hip: 17.33 in (44 cm)
- Style:Pleated skirt (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Very good, this item was pre-owned and is in very good condition. Spot stain at front near hem.
- Seller Location:Hong Kong, HK
- Reference Number:Seller: LNKO/A015601stDibs: LU1726112160532
Venerated French designer Hubert de Givenchy (1927–2018) made a splash with his first collection of mix-and-match separates in 1952, which launched his namesake fashion house, the clean lines and refined silhouettes of the pieces offering a contrast to the more structured shapes then dominating postwar women’s fashion. His roster of clients would eventually include Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, all of whom were drawn to the designer’s architecturally and materially simple pieces that combined sensual femininity with elegance.
At the age of 17, Givenchy left his hometown of Beauvais, France, for Paris. There he studied drawing at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts and apprenticed for the houses of Jacques Fath, Robert Piguet, Lucien Lelong and Elsa Schiaparelli. Givenchy earned his first high praise for the 1952 Bettina blouse, an embroidered, ruffle-sleeve linen shirt named for his publicist and model Bettina Graziani. The Givenchy label soon developed a following of fashion icons around the world, most notably Audrey Hepburn, who would serve as Givenchy’s muse for decades after they met in 1953. The couturier created pieces for many of her films, such as the iconic little black dress in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), as well as her personal life, including her wedding dress for her 1969 marriage to Andrea Dotti.
Givenchy formed a close friendship with his idol and mentor, Spanish designer Cristóbal Balenciaga, with whom he’d popularize such pieces as the sack dress, choosing looser forms over tailored ones. Throughout the decades, Givenchy expanded his empire to include fragrances, menswear, accessories and beauty lines.
In 1988, his house was acquired by luxury conglomerate LVMH. After Givenchy retired from fashion in 1995, he became an antiques expert, working with Christie’s and the Louvre, among other institutions. The brand then saw an impressive succession of head designers and artistic directors: John Galliano was the first to arrive, followed by Alexander McQueen, Julien Macdonald, Riccardo Tisci, Clare Waight Keller and Matthew M. Williams. Today, the brand, with its timeless fashions, continues to be a favorite of A-listers, including Cate Blanchett, Erykah Badu, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.
On 1stDibs, browse a collection of vintage Givenchy evening dresses, handbags, necklaces and other clothing and accessories today.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Central, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- runway GIVENCHY TISCI black lace up open toe angular nail heel bootie EU38By Givenchy, Riccardo TisciLocated in Hong Kong, NTrunway GIVENCHY TISCI black lace up open toe angular nail heel bootie EU38 Brand: Givenchy Designer: Riccardo Tisci Model Name / Style: Bootie Material: Leather Color: Black Pattern...Category
2010s Italian High Heels$350 Sale Price30% Off
- GIVENCHY black viscose knit curved circular trimming stretch pencil skirt SBy GivenchyLocated in Hong Kong, NTGIVENCHY black viscose knit curved circular trimming stretch pencil skirt S Reference: LNKO/A01762 Brand: Givenchy Designer: Riccardo Tisci Material: Viscose Color: Black Patte...Category
2010s A-Line Skirts$224 Sale Price20% Off
- new BALENCIAGA Demna 2019 Runway red logo print wrap tie maxi skirt FR38 MLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew BALENCIAGA Demna 2019 Runway red logo print wrap tie maxi skirt FR38 M Reference: TGAS/C00498 Brand: Balenciaga Designer: Demna Collection: 2019 Runway Material: Viscose Color: R...Category
2010s Italian Wrap Skirts
- vintage COMME DES GARCONS 1997 beige stacked raw cut rounded pin wrap skirt XSBy Comme des GarçonsLocated in Hong Kong, NTvintage COMME DES GARCONS 1997 beige stacked raw cut rounded pin wrap skirt XS Reference: CRTI/A00304 Brand: Comme Des Garcons Designer: Rei ...Category
2010s A-Line Skirts
- new BALENCIAGA Demna 2019 Runway red logo print wrap tie maxi skirt FR36 SLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew BALENCIAGA Demna 2019 Runway red logo print wrap tie maxi skirt FR36 S Reference: TGAS/C00480 Brand: Balenciaga Designer: Demna Collection: 2019 Runway Material: Viscose Color: R...Category
2010s Italian Wrap Skirts
- GUCCI 2004 Vintage Tom Ford web grosgrain panel constructed pleated skirt IT40 SBy GucciLocated in Hong Kong, NTGUCCI 2004 Vintage Tom Ford web grosgrain panel constructed pleated skirt IT40 S Reference: GIYG/A00134 Brand: Gucci Designer: Tom Ford Material: Satin Color: Beige Pattern: Solid Cl...Category
2010s A-Line Skirts
- Dolce & Gabbana Lime Green Flared Pencil Skirt with Yellow Lace AccentsBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADolce and Gabbana lime green fit and flare pencil skirt with yellow lace godet panels at bottom. Vertical seam detail at one side. Back zip and hook and eye. 100% viscose (linen-loo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pencil Skirts
- Proenza Schouler Rust Graphic Print Pleated Skirt - Size US 6By Proenza SchoulerLocated in London, GBProenza Schouler Rust Graphic Print Pleated Skirt - Soft pleated fabric - Gorgeous graphic Print - Warm burnt orange hue - Zip fastening to side - Midi length - Elegant versati...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Skirts
- Fendi Runway Black Cut Out Suede Three Piece Dress Cape Skirt Set, 2008By FendiLocated in Boca Raton, FLHelmed by the notorious Karl Lagerfeld, Fendi began as a luxury fur and leather goods label and overtime transitioned to be widely successful in the ready-to-wear market. The Spring ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- GIVENCHY Couture A/W 1998 ALEXANDER McQUEEN Embellished Knit Top Cardigan SetBy Givenchy, Alexander McQueenLocated in Thiensville, WIGIVENCHY Couture A/W 1998 ALEXANDER McQUEEN Embellished Knit Top Cardigan Set Brand / Manufacturer: Givenchy Couture Collection: A/W 1998 Designer: Alexander McQueen Style: Knit shor...Category
1990s French Twin Sets$752 Sale Price40% Off
- Vintage Fendi Karl Lagerfeld Semi Sheer Low Cut Fur Maxi Dress, 2000By FendiLocated in Boca Raton, FLWith dramatically changing silhouettes season-to-season, Fendi consistently has created a spectacle in the fashion scene. From risqué to romantic, Fendi has a bold history of creatin...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Alexander Mcqueen A/W 2008 RTW Dalmatian Mink CoatBy Alexander McQueenLocated in London, GBFrom the Autumn / Winter ready to wear Alexander Mcqueen show titled ‘The girl who lived in the tree’. Mcqueen described this runway ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Coats
- UNWORN Chanel Chinoiserie Silk Chiffon CC Logo Print Dress 36By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHA classic CHANEL signature piece Finest chiffon silk with chinese motive and CC pattern print Flattering sleeves Simply slips on Fully lined Beautiful semi-open back decolleté with ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cocktail Dresses
- Atelier VERSACE S/S 2011 White Sequin Embellished Fringe Art Deco Evening GownBy Versace, Donatella VersaceLocated in Thiensville, WIDESCRIPTION: Atelier VERSACE S/S 2011 White Sequin Embellished Fringe Art Deco Evening Gown Brand / Manufacturer: Versace Collection: Atelie...Category
2010s Unknown Evening Gowns$16,196 Sale Price40% Off
- Dolce & Gabbana blue silk floral embroidered evening dress, ss 1997By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GB▪ Dolce & Gabbana blue silk embroidered evening dress ▪ Wedgwood blue silk with white Chinese inspired embroidery ▪ Spaghetti straps ▪ Back fastening with cotton ribbon and hooks ▪ ...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- A French Fuschia Taffeta Blouse and skirt By Popy Moreni Paris Circa 1990Located in Toulon, FRCirca 1990 France Dramatic skirt, blouse and belt in acetate taffeta Fuschia by the Parisian designer Popy Moreni and dating from the 1990s. Blouse b...Category
1990s French Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Givenchy by Ricardo Tisci Size Large Black Rhinestone Straps Silk Rayon DressBy Givenchy, Riccardo TisciLocated in San Diego, CABeautiful GIVENCHY by RICCARDO TISCI black rayon and silk jersey sleeveless rhinestone encrusted large size dress ! Features the softest rayon and silk blend that offers lots of stretch. Simply slips over the head, and sash wraps around twice. So many details went into the construction of this flattering beauty. The perfect black dress...Category
2010s French Cocktail Dresses
- GIVENCHY c.2011 Black Gunmetal Grommet Detail Elongated Coattail Vest Size 36By Riccardo Tisci, GivenchyLocated in Thiensville, WIGivenchy c.2011 black vest embellished with various sized gunmetal toned grommets. Elongated coattails with 12" slit, creating a tuxedo-like appearance. ...Category
2010s Italian Vests
- Givenchy silk chiffon corseted evening dress, c. 2007By Riccardo Tisci, GivenchyLocated in London, GBA Givenchy silk chiffon evening dress from the Spring/Summer 2007 collection. The nude dress of silk chiffon features an attached red silk corset around the waist. Fr 38 -Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- GIVENCHY Pre Fall 2013 Black Long Sleeve Ruffle Detail Knit Sheath Dress NWTBy Riccardo Tisci, GivenchyLocated in Thiensville, WIGIVENCHY Pre Fall 2013 Black Long Sleeve Ruffle Detail Knit Sheath Dress NWT Brand / Manufacturer: Givenchy Collection: Pre Fall 2013 Designer: Riccardo Tisci Manufacturer Style Nam...Category
2010s French Sheath Dresses
- Vintage Givenchy Stripe SkirtBy Givenchy Nouvelle Boutique, GivenchyLocated in London, GBA chic vintage stripe skirt by Givenchy. This full length skirt, has a black background with multicolour vertical stripes. The skirt has zip on the left hand side.Category
1980s French Skirts
- Givenchy Vintage 1970s Blue Silk Midi SkirtBy GivenchyLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireA beautiful vintage Givenchy midi/ ballerina length skirt from the 1970s by their high quality pret-a-porter line, 'Nouvelle Boutique'. In a luxuriously smooth silk with an abstract ...Category
1970s French A-Line Skirts
Recently ViewedView More
Fiercely Fabulous, This Givenchy Tiger-Print Coat Graced the Pages of ‘Vogue’ in 1969
Impeccably tailored and beautifully preserved, the piece will be cherished by a true fashion-phile.
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery