- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Hermes Passe-Passe Round Bib Embroidered Rabbit Figue For Baby
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: One Size (NA)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU58814235872
For Hermès, what began as a maker of leather equestrian goods for European noblemen would eventually grow into one of the most storied fashion labels in the world. In 1837, German-born French entrepreneur Thierry Hermès opened a saddle and harness purveyor in Paris. Gradually, the house extended into accessories and luggage for its riders, and today, in paying homage to its origins, the family-run luxury brand resurfaces horse motifs in everything from clothing and modernist jewelry to pillows and handbags.
The first top-handled bag ever produced by Hermès was the Haut à courroies, which made its debut in 1892. A tall bag secured with a folded leather flap (fastened with bridle-inspired straps), it was designed to transport riding boots and a harness. As the world made the switch from horse to automobile, the bag adapted, becoming a multifunctional travel satchel instead of a designated saddlebag. Today, 120 years later, the HAC remains in Hermès’s line — and its distinctive flap and clasping straps have laid the groundwork for some of the house’s other iconic bags.
In the 1930s, Robert Dumas (son-in-law to Émile-Maurice Hermès, Thierry’s grandson) designed a smaller, trapezoidal take on the flap bag with a handle and two side straps. Later, actress Grace Kelly, then engaged to Prince Rainier of Monaco, is said to have used one of these bags to conceal her pregnancy during the 1950s. Because she was photographed constantly, the coverage catapulted her handbag to international popularity. In 1977, Hermès officially renamed the model for her, and the Kelly bag was born. Each Kelly bag takes between 18 and 25 hours to produce, and its 680 hand stitches owe solely to one Hermès artisan.
Robert Dumas was also responsible for another one of the brand’s most iconic offerings: the launch of its first silk scarf on the occasion of Hermès’s 100th anniversary in 1937. Based on a woodblock designed by Dumas and printed on Chinese silk, the accessory was an immediate hit.
Today, vintage Hermès scarves, typically adorned in rich colors and elaborate patterns, serve many functions, just as they did back then. Well-heeled women wear it on their heads, around their necks and, in a genius piece of cross-promotion, tied to the straps of their Hermès bags. Kelly even once used one as a sling for her broken arm.
In 1981, Robert Dumas’s son Jean-Louis Dumas, then Hermès chairman, found himself sitting next to French actress and musician Jane Birkin on a plane, where she was complaining about finding a suitable carryall for the necessary accoutrements of motherhood. After the two travelers were properly introduced, Birkin helped design Jean-Louis’s most famous contribution to the Hermès canon: the Birkin bag, a roomy, square catchall with the HAC’s trademark leather flap top and the addition of a lock and key. Owing to the brand’s legendary commitment to deft, handcrafted construction, the Birkin is an investment that is coveted by collectors everywhere.
While the Kelly and Birkin may be standouts, gracing the arms of everyone from royal heiresses to hip-hop stars in the past few decades, the handbags are but a small part of Hermès’s fashion offerings. Since the 1920s, the brand has produced some of the most desirable leather goods in the world. There’s the Constance bag, a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy, the recently relaunched 1970s-era Evelyne and, on the vintage market, a slew of designs dating back to the 1920s.
Good design never goes out of style. Find a variety of vintage Hermès handbags, day dresses, shoes and more on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Hermes Passe - Passe Washcloth Embroidered Koala Cotton For BabyBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Passe-Passe Washcloth featured in white and Natural. Embroidered with a Koala Bear. Fabric is 100% terry cotton. New or Pri...Category
2010s French Children
- Hermes Passe-Passe Round Bib Embroidered Koala Natural For BabyBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Passe-Passe Round Bib featured in Natural. This charming bib has an embroidered Koala bear on front. The rear is white cotton with splashes of pretty col...Category
2010s French Children
- Hermes Avalon Passe-Passe Baby Blanket Pink / Orange / Blue NewBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Passe-Passe Baby blanket featured in Pink, Orange and Blue. Created from 90% Merino Wool and 10% cashmere and has whip stitch edges. From babies to puppie...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Children
- Hermes Passe- Passe Rabbit Washcloth Figue Terry Cotton For BabyBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Passe-Passe Washcloth featured in Figue. Charming bunny face embroidered on front. Lovely gift idea! Please see the matching Round Bib listed. Fabric is ...Category
2010s French Children
- Hermes Playing Cards H Basket Weave Design New w/BoxBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers Hermes Playing Cards. The 2 sets are multicolored depicting a basket weave design - a fresh take on the "H" design The cards ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Games
- Hermes Beloved India Pillow GM Grey / Brown / Orange NewBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a extremely rare Hermes Beloved India GM Pillow. Designed by Philippe Dumas in 2009. The removable cover is silk cotton and viscose....Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Pillows and Throws
- S/S 2006 Christian Dior by John Galliano Diorissimo Denim Logo Trench CoatBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a Diorissimo print Christian Dior Boutique trench coat, designed by John Galliano. From the Spring/Summer 2006 collection, this trench is constructed entirely o...Category
Early 2000s Portuguese Trench Coats$2,242 Sale Price35% Off
- S/S 1998 Gucci by Tom Ford GG Monogram Rhinestone Silk Chiffon Navy DressBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: the rhinestone 'GG' Gucci slip dress of your dreams, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 1998 collection, this incre...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses$22,200 Sale Price20% Off
- Van Cleef & Arpels Sapphire Necklace, Bracelet, & Earrings SetBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYVan Cleef & Arpels Sapphire Necklace, Bracelet, & Earrings Set, Circa 1965. Approximately 380 cts of blue sapphires & approximately 15 c...Category
Vintage 1950s Choker NecklacesMaterials
Sapphire, White Gold
- S/S 2003 Roberto Cavalli Red Chinoiserie Cheongsam Cap Sleeve Dress BacklessBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Philadelphia, PAThe RealList presents: This beauty is in the red variation of the S/S 2003 chinoiserie print in a size small. Kim Kardashian wore a version of this gorgeous Roberto Cavalli Cheongsam dress...Category
Early 2000s Italian Casual Dresses$3,217 Sale Price35% OffFree Shipping
- vintage CHRISTIAN DIOR GALLIANO green washed denim leather trimmed dress FR36By Christian DiorLocated in Hong Kong, NTvintage CHRISTIAN DIOR GALLIANO green washed denim leather trimmed dress FR36 Reference: CC/VAHI00329 Brand: Christian Dior Designer: John Ga...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Syna Yellow Gold Love Letter Pendant with Champagne DiamondBy Syna JewelsLocated in Fort Lee, NJCreated in 18 karat yellow gold Champagne diamond click envelope seal Letter can be engraved if need be Heart sign on front of letter Chain sold separately About the Designers ~ D...Category
2010s Unknown Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Brown Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,250Free Shipping
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld pastel tweed mini dress jacket, ss 1996By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel pastel tweed mini dress jacket ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Silver buttons with coin style engravings ▪ Nipped waist ▪ Silk lining ▪ Wool and nylon blend tweed ▪ Yell...Category
1990s French Jackets
- F/W 2003 Yves Saint Laurent by Tom Ford Black Silk Ribbon GownBy Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sultry black silk Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche gown, designed by Tom Ford. This dress represents a peak of Ford's designs while at YSL, featuring a classic silhouette reimagined with a ruched bust and open back connected with satin lace straps. With a small train...Category
Early 2000s French Maxi Dresses$5,996 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- S/S 2003 Roberto Cavalli Tattoo Print Backless Chiffon GownBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a gorgeous tattoo print Roberto Cavalli chiffon gown. From the Spring/Summer 2003 collection, this tan/creme gown feat...Category
Early 2000s Italian Maxi Dresses$6,760 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Sheer Black Viscose Pocket GG Clasp TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sheer collared long sleeve Gucci top/cardigan, designed by Tom Ford. Classically Tom Ford for Gucci, this sheer blouse features an open front connected by an ...Category
1990s Italian Blouses$2,796 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Hermès Coloring Book RareBy HermèsLocated in ., FRBeautiful and RARE Authentic Hermès Coloring Book Total of 26 pages, all can be colored, including the 4 cover pages Made of cardstock Colorways: W...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Children
- Dress for Doll or Young Girl in Embroidered Moiré Silk - Victorian Period 1860Located in Toulon, FRCirca 1860/1900 France Beautiful dress for doll or young girl and its reticule from the Second French Empire period in black silk moire embroidered with a fine pattern of leafy ste...Category
1860s French Toys
- Louis Vuitton NEW Limited Edition Black Leather Toy Novelty Teddy Bear in BoxBy Louis VuittonLocated in Chicago, ILLeather Monogram canvas Made in France Measures 8" W x 10" H Includes dust bag and box 100% authenticity guaranteed doudouCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Toys$12,740 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Hermès Vintage Stirrup Shaped in Guilloché Silvered Pocket Mirror for HandbagBy HermèsLocated in ., FRCute Authentic Hermès Mirror Small enough to slip into a handbag In silvered meta, Vintage "MADE IN FRANCE HERMES" engraved on a side Can be held ...Category
Late 20th Century French Decorative Objects
- Hermès Jumping Rope In Leather and Wood Limited Edition Never UsedBy HermèsLocated in ., FRRare Authentic Hermès Jumping Rope Limited Edition ! Collectible Item Made in France in 2013 Made of Wood and Leather Embossed "CHIC, LE SPORT ...Category
2010s French Other
- Hermès Grigri Bag Charm Horse Hair Crinoline and Silk RareBy HermèsLocated in ., FRLovely Authentic Hermès Charm Made of horse mane hair Bound and tied with silk links Small silver metal medal, "HERMES LA NATURE AU GALOP" From 2016 Colorways: Crinoline is bei...Category
2010s French Other
- 'Rabbit Vase' Hand Blown Glass Vase by Simone CrestaniBy Simone CrestaniLocated in Camisano Vicentino, ITA hand blown glass bottle by Simone Crestani 'Rabbit Vase' A hand blown glass vase by Simone Crestani This delicate decanter is entirely crafted ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern VasesMaterials
- Buccellati Silver Furry Animals RabbitBy BuccellatiLocated in New York, NYBuccellati silver furry animals rabbit in sterling silver. Buccellati centerpiece measures approximate: 6? in length, 7? in width...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian CenterpiecesMaterials
- Rabbit, 'Red-Gold'By LladroLocated in New York City, NYPorcelain creation depicting a rabbit, one of the animals from the Chinese horoscope, with a surprising innovative design. This porcelain piece po...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Animal SculpturesMaterials
- Judith Leiber Swarovski Crystal Rabbit MinaudiereBy Judith LeiberLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAJudith Leiber minaudiere features a floral pattern on a bunny rabbit metal frame encrusted in multicolored swarovski crystals and a top push-clasp closure. Optional chain handle and ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Moooi Rabbit Table Lamp in Polyester with Laminated Metal Shade by FrontBy MoooiLocated in Brooklyn, NYThe Rabbit Lamp is a bit shy, but don’t worry: he always hides where the light is. When you turn its light on, the reflection of this adorable creature ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Dutch Modern Table LampsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
How to Spot a Fake Hermès Birkin Bag
The iconic Birkin bag is much coveted — and often copied. Find out how to tell the real deal from a convincing fake. Of course, you don't have to worry about this on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery