90S Fendi Zucca Croissant Shape Shoulder Baguette Hand Bag
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
90S Fendi Zucca Croissant Shape Shoulder Baguette Hand Bag
About the Designer
Like other major European luxury fashion houses, Fendi started small. Adele Casagrande was an Italian creative who loved fashion and sold leather and fur accessories from a tiny workshop she opened in Rome in 1918. However, after marrying Edoardo Fendi in 1925, her business model was altered dramatically. Together, the couple changed the boutique’s name to Fendi and moved into a bigger storefront, which quickly became the favorite shop of women all over Italy’s capital city for furs and leathers, such as handbags, coats and accessories.
As time moved on for Adele and Edoardo, the couple began to share more responsibility to their five daughters, who assumed management of the company during the 1950s. Fendi’s audience broadened and its profitability has soared over the years, owing to the brand’s fresh perspective on fashion world happenings and innovative sensibility. The maison also has a distinctive relationship with old-world Italian craftsmanship. The Selleria bags were the work of master saddlers in Rome, and Fendi partnered with lace artisans in southern Italy as well as craftsmen in the east trained in the intrecciato (intertwined) technique (an idea that Adele introduced during the 1940s), which, in Fendi’s case, sees an interwoven leather fabric integrated in the creation of its handbags, countering leather’s traditional rigidity with a bag that is soft, versatile and fitted with an alluring slouchy curve.
It wasn’t until 1965, however, when a young German designer named Karl Lagerfeld took the creative helm that Fendi became a world-renowned fashion house. In fact, Lagerfeld, who produced four to five collections yearly for the brand, is credited with creating Fendi’s instantly recognizable double-F logo (which stands for “Fun Furs”) in “less than five seconds.” Until Lagerfeld started designing for the brand, fur was a material mostly associated with heavy coats that few people actually wore. Lagerfeld reimagined fur in creative ways, using it as an accent on purses, cuffs on dress sleeves and collars on wool coats.
Over the ensuing years, Fendi has broken into the home-goods market with Fendi Casa and has become synonymous with luxury fashion, producing such pieces as the iconic Baguette, which was rendered ever popular on the television series Sex and the City. In fact, an entire episode during the third season was dedicated to the “original It bag,” a slim accessory tapered in a manner that recalls its namesake, designed in 1997 by Adele and Edoardo’s granddaughter Silvia Venturini Fendi, who was named creative director of accessories three years earlier.
Perhaps just as well known as its vintage Baguette handbags and creative use of fur is the brand’s devotion to its Italian roots. In 2013, Fendi donated more than 2 million euros to restore Rome’s Trevi Fountain, and when it was reopened to visitors, Fendi hosted its Autumn/Winter 2017 show on top of the landmark.
Fendi was a family-controlled brand until 1999 and is now owned by LVMH. In late 2020, British fashion designer Kim Jones was named the house’s artistic director for womens wear.
Find a wide variety of vintage Fendi handbags and purses, clothing and other accessories on 1stDibs.
- Courrèges 1960'S Orange Vinyl Holdall Weekend Travel BagBy André CourrègesLocated in Sheffield, GBA Chic Vintage 1960's large orange vinyl weekend bag / holdall by COURRÈGES. Features; Iconic 1960's orange vinyl exterior Double zip fasten x2 Top h...Category
1960s French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Dolce & Gabbana 2000'S Python Skin & Swarovski Crystal Black Satin Shoulder BagBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Sheffield, GBA Petite 2000's Black Python skin, Satin & Swarovski crystal shoulder bag by DOLCE & GABANNA. Features; Press stud fasten Metal Chain shoulder strap Interior card compartment Embossed Metal Hardware MADE IN ITALY Real Python...Category
Early 2000s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Miu Miu 1999 Olive Green Leather y2k Tactical Messenger Body BagBy Miu MiuLocated in Sheffield, GBMIU MIU 1999 olive green body bag, from the debut collection of the highly sought after Miu Miu Menswear line (which ended in 2008). Features; Velcro clo...Category
1990s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Pierre Cardin 1960'S Brown Crocodile Skin Pouch Pochette Shoulder BagBy Pierre CardinLocated in Sheffield, GBA 1960's PIERRE CARDIN pouch bag, with Singular shoulder strap and made entirely from crocodile skin. Features; Iconic PIERRE CARDIN exterior Emblem logo Press stud closure One l...Category
1960s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Christian Dior By Galliano Fw/2004 Rasta Cross Body BagBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Sheffield, GBFALL / WINTER 2004 COLLECTION CHRISTIAN DIOR Arguably one of the most iconic collections by Galliano for Dior. Fully monogrammed CHRISTIAN DIOR Rasta themed adjustable shoulder ba...Category
Early 2000s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Dolce & Gabbana 1990'S Transparent Red Striped Vinyl Mini Tote bagBy D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in Sheffield, GBA 1990's red striped and transparent vinyl mini tote bag, by Dolce & Gabbana. Features; Red leather piping detail Red leather Sphagetti strap top handles Iconic D&G exterior logo p...Category
1990s Italian Tote Bags
- New Fendi Shearling Bronze Baguette Bag With Fendi Squirrel Purse CharmBy FendiLocated in Leesburg, VAFendi Shearling Chef Baguette Brand New * Shearling Lined & Shearling Accents * Foil Leather (Finished with a Film of Metal) * Fendi Gold Hardware *...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags
- Fendi 3Jours White Leather Shopper BagBy FendiLocated in Milano, ITLarge day bag by Fendi model 3Jours white. Year of manufacture: 2010-2019 made of white leather. The bag presents a great quality its double color on one side presents silver gray le...Category
2010s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Fendi Brown and White Leopard Print Calf Hair Large Shoulder Peekaboo Tote BagBy FendiLocated in Banner Elk, NCFendi Brown and White Leopard Print Calf Hair Large Shoulder Peekaboo Tote Bag. This iconic and highly desirable "peekaboo" bag by premiere fashion house Fendi was hand crafted in It...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Fendi 2000s Embroidered Canvas BaguetteBy FendiLocated in Scottsdale, AZMake everyone jealous with this adorable Fendi! Circa early to mid 2000s, this burnt orange Fendi baguette features bohemian embroidery with s...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Fendi Pink/White Checkered Leather Sequin Lining Medium Peekaboo Top Handle BagBy FendiLocated in Krakow, PLThis exquisite Peekaboo from Fendi is highly coveted, and since its birth in 2009, it has swayed us with its shape, design, and beauty. This version comes meticulously crafted from c...Category
2010s Shoulder Bags
- Fendi Brown Suede and Patent Leather Gradient Color rhombus Large Peekaboo BagBy FendiLocated in Lugano, TicinoFendi Brown Suede and Patent Leather Gradient Color rhombus Large Peekaboo Bag, Limited Edition. - 100% authentic Fendi - Brown suede with patent leather - Single flat leather top ha...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Top Handle Bags$2,430 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The Fendi Baguette Is an ‘It’ Bag Again, 25 Years After Its Introduction
Iconic Italian fashion houses Fendi and Versace teamed up on this delightfully outrageous Fendace reimagining.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery