- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Fendi Peekaboo Limited Edition Embroidered bag, 2010s
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 11.82 in (30 cm)Width: 7.49 in (19 cm)Length: 15.75 in (40 cm)
- Style:2010s (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. some minor wear at hardwear.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2861217429252
Like other major European luxury fashion houses, Fendi started small. Adele Casagrande was an Italian creative who loved fashion and sold leather and fur accessories from a tiny workshop she opened in Rome in 1918. However, after marrying Edoardo Fendi in 1925, her business model was altered dramatically. Together, the couple changed the boutique’s name to Fendi and moved into a bigger storefront, which quickly became the favorite shop of women all over Italy’s capital city for furs and leathers, such as handbags, coats and accessories.
As time moved on for Adele and Edoardo, the couple began to share more responsibility to their five daughters, who assumed management of the company during the 1950s. Fendi’s audience broadened and its profitability has soared over the years, owing to the brand’s fresh perspective on fashion world happenings and innovative sensibility. The maison also has a distinctive relationship with old-world Italian craftsmanship. The Selleria bags were the work of master saddlers in Rome, and Fendi partnered with lace artisans in southern Italy as well as craftsmen in the east trained in the intrecciato (intertwined) technique (an idea that Adele introduced during the 1940s), which, in Fendi’s case, sees an interwoven leather fabric integrated in the creation of its handbags, countering leather’s traditional rigidity with a bag that is soft, versatile and fitted with an alluring slouchy curve.
It wasn’t until 1965, however, when a young German designer named Karl Lagerfeld took the creative helm that Fendi became a world-renowned fashion house. In fact, Lagerfeld, who produced four to five collections yearly for the brand, is credited with creating Fendi’s instantly recognizable double-F logo (which stands for “Fun Furs”) in “less than five seconds.” Until Lagerfeld started designing for the brand, fur was a material mostly associated with heavy coats that few people actually wore. Lagerfeld reimagined fur in creative ways, using it as an accent on purses, cuffs on dress sleeves and collars on wool coats.
Over the ensuing years, Fendi has broken into the home-goods market with Fendi Casa and has become synonymous with luxury fashion, producing such pieces as the iconic Baguette, which was rendered ever popular on the television series Sex and the City. In fact, an entire episode during the third season was dedicated to the “original It bag,” a slim accessory tapered in a manner that recalls its namesake, designed in 1997 by Adele and Edoardo’s granddaughter Silvia Venturini Fendi, who was named creative director of accessories three years earlier.
Perhaps just as well known as its vintage Baguette handbags and creative use of fur is the brand’s devotion to its Italian roots. In 2013, Fendi donated more than 2 million euros to restore Rome’s Trevi Fountain, and when it was reopened to visitors, Fendi hosted its Autumn/Winter 2017 show on top of the landmark.
Fendi was a family-controlled brand until 1999 and is now owned by LVMH. In late 2020, British fashion designer Kim Jones was named the house’s artistic director for womens wear.
Find a wide variety of vintage Fendi handbags and purses, clothing and other accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Versace Brown Suede Logo Tote Bag, 2007By Donatella Versace, VersaceLocated in New York, NYVersace tote shoulder bag in white leather and brown suede color combination embellished with the brand's logo in gold-tone metal. Detachable shoulder strap. Year: 2007 Condition:...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Gucci Crocodile Leather Vintage Top-Handle Bag, 1970sBy GucciLocated in New York, NYVintage Gucci black patent crocodile leather handbag with gold-tone hardware and lapis lazuli gemstone closure. Lining: black leather Turn-Lock Closure at Front Period: 1970s Co...Category
1970s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Gucci GG Logo Tote Bag by Tom Ford, 2000sBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in New York, NYClassic Gucci tote bag printed with GG logo and leather trimming, embellished with silver tone buckle. Magnetic fastening Comprise of a main compartment and an internal zip pocket. ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Tote Bags
- Vintage Structured Bags by Francois California, 1960sLocated in New York, NYVintage vinyl bag in cognac color with accented round handle and figural closure. One compartment and zip pocket. Made by Francois California. Period: 1960s Condition: very good. ...Category
1960s American Top Handle Bags
- Large Roberto Cavalli travel brocade emerald velvet bag, 2006By Roberto CavalliLocated in New York, NYRoberto Cavalli tote top-handle travel bag in brocade emerald velvet with structured leather trimming and handles. Year: 2006 Made in Italy. One compartment, one internal zip pock...Category
Early 2000s Italian Garment Bags
- Saint Laurent Anita Fringe Lambskin Leather Cross Body Bag, 2000sBy Saint Laurent, Yves Saint LaurentLocated in New York, NYLeather cross-body bag by Saint Laurent with a silver-tone hardware and YSL logo. In a bohemian style. Decorated with fringe. Long strap. Opens with a flap and tassels with chain an...Category
1980s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- UNWORN Fendi Spy Bag Floral Hand-Embroidery Hand-Painted Black Crystals 2005By FendiLocated in Switzerland, CHThe Fendi Spy Bag is popular among celebrities like Bella Hadid, Rihanna, Paris and Nikki Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, SJP and many more. It has had its comeback in 2022. T...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Fendi Brown Suede and Patent Leather Gradient Color rhombus Large Peekaboo BagBy FendiLocated in Lugano, TicinoFendi Brown Suede and Patent Leather Gradient Color rhombus Large Peekaboo Bag, Limited Edition. - 100% authentic Fendi - Brown suede with patent leather - Single flat leather top ha...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Top Handle Bags$2,440 Sale Price20% Off
- 1960s Vintage Olive Green Greek-Made Swing Coat + Matching Bag with EmbroideryLocated in Sparks, NVVintage 1960s vintage swing coat and matching bag. Fully lined with no closure (hangs open). Fits like a modern size medium. The shoulders measure 15.5", sleeve length 14", and the ...Category
1960s Greek Coats and Outerwear
- Ceil Chapman Vintage Cocktail Dress, Circa 1960sBy Ceil ChapmanLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis is a vintage light pink rose strapless cocktail dress by Ceil Chapman from the 1960's. The dress has an overlay of tulle with silk embroidery and rhinestones. The tulle skirt is...Category
1960s American Cocktail Dresses
- FENDI Limited Edition Squirrel Spy Bag Denim Hand-Embroidery Crystals SS 2006By FendiLocated in Switzerland, CHThe Fendi Spy Bag is popular among celebrities like Bella Hadid, Rihanna, Paris and Nikki Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, SJP and many more. It has had its comeback in 2022. T...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Fendi Bag 3Jours Matte Blue Crocodile Tote Medium New w/BoxBy Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a Fendi 3Jours Medium Blue Matte Crocodile Bag. A rich and striking electric Blue matte crocodile tote with silver toned hardware. Double handle with top zip closur...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Fendi Bag Peekaboo Mint Crocodile Medium Satchel Pastel Ice BlueBy Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a Fendi Peekaboo Crocodile bag featured in Mint (Pale Ice Blue). This beautiful pastel medium Peekaboo bag is on trend for the season! Modified top frame with gold ...Category
2010s Top Handle Bags
- Fendi Zucca baguette limited edition with crystal/rhinestones orchid buckleBy Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Rare and limited edition Fendi Zucca baguette with eye catching orchid buckle that made in crystal and rhinestones. - Adjustable strap. - Flap with no lock closure. - Measurem...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Top Handle Bags
- Fendi by Karl Lagerfeld pink and brown cowhide baguette and pants set, fw 1999By Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, FendiLocated in London, GB▪ Fendi 'Baguette' bag and pants set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Brown and pink cowhide ▪ Straight leg pants ▪ 'Baguette' flap bag with brown leather adjustable shoulder strap ...Category
1990s Italian Pants
- FENDI Brown Zucca Monogram Canvas Embroidered Yellow Pink Bead Top Handle BagBy FendiLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition Monogram Canvas Lizard Trim Silver Tone Hardware Satin Lining Measures 9.75" W x 5.5" H x 1.5" D Shoulder Strap Drop 4.75 - 6.25" 100% Authenticity Guaran...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Top Handle Bags$5,220 Sale Price20% Off
- FENDI Brown Black Zucca Monogram Logo Lizard Exotic Leather Baguette Flap BagBy FendiLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition Canvas Bead Lizard Trim Satin Lining Measures 9.75" W x 6" H x 1.75" D Adjustable Handle Drop 4-6.5" 100% Authenticity Guaranteed BY NEWFOUND LUXURYCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags$6,020 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The Fendi Baguette Is an ‘It’ Bag Again, 25 Years After Its Introduction
Iconic Italian fashion houses Fendi and Versace teamed up on this delightfully outrageous Fendace reimagining.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery