- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
F/W 1999 Christian Dior by John Galliano Pony Hair Cheetah Print Lady Bag
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
John Galliano for Christian Dior
Known for introducing rich theatricality and memorable fashion spectacles to the runway, John Galliano has enjoyed a singular career. The audacious British designer has garnered universal acclaim for genre-breaking collections not only at his eponymous label but also for Christian Dior.
From his embroidered absinthe-green Oscars gown for actress Nicole Kidman to the iconic sleeveless newspaper-print dress that Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw made famous, Galliano’s intricate and multifaceted work is reliably newsworthy, drawing on history as often as it embodies a fresh and forward-looking sensibility, and over the years the designer has helped shape an ever-broadening new legion of enthusiasts for Parisian couture.
Born in Gibraltar but raised in South London by strict Roman Catholic working-class parents, Galliano attended the all-boys Church of England grammar school, where his flamboyance and interest in art attracted the attention of bullies. Eventually, Galliano ended up at the prestigious design and art school Central Saint Martins College (then called Saint Martin’s School of Art), where fellow British designers Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen also trained.
Galliano flourished at Central Saint Martins. While a student, he worked in the costume department at the National Theatre in London. His graduate collection in 1984, dubbed “Les Incroyables” and named for post–French Revolution fashion lovers, was modeled by close friends of his and earned a standing ovation. The line ended up in the storefront windows of London luxury boutique Brown’s on South Molton Street, and Galliano’s first official collection — after he graduated — debuted at Paris Fashion Week in 1989.
In the early 1990s, Galliano’s relationship with his financial backer, Plein Sud’s Faycal Amor, ended, and by 1994, he was broke and sleeping on the floor of a friend’s apartment. Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour and then-Vanity Fair editor André Leon Talley stepped in and introduced the budding designer to Portuguese socialite and fashion patron São Schlumberger and others. At Schlumberger’s Hôtel Particulier, Galliano’s shows became the stuff of fashion legend. His collection, a blend of Japanese modernist style as well as nostalgia for Art Deco and 1940s’ tailoring, earned raves in glossy magazines and garnered the attention of Princess Diana, Madonna and other fashion luminaries.
Once the Galliano name was well known among the world’s most stylish set, the chairperson of LVMH, Bernard Arnault, appointed Galliano head designer of French fashion house Givenchy. One year later, in 1996, LVMH moved him to the design team at Dior. In just eight weeks, Galliano produced 50 looks for Dior Haute Couture’s brilliant Spring/Summer 1997 Maasai collection and would ultimately design a mind-boggling eight collections a year for the storied French fashion house until 2011. Today, Galliano is the creative director of Maison Margiela.
- S/S 1998 Christian Dior by John Galliano Red Velvet Fringe Metal Handle Lady BagBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a red velvet interpretation of the classic 'Lady Dior' silhouette designed by John Galliano for Christian Dior's Spring/Summer 1998 collection. This piece featu...Category
1990s Italian Tote Bags$2,437 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 2004 Christian Dior by John Galliano Mink Eel Distressed Saddle BagBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a rare, limited edition saddle bag constructed of eel skin, calf skin, and mink fur designed by John Galliano for Christian Dior's Fall/Winter 2004 collection. ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags$2,212 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- F/W 2002 John Galliano Denim Ruffle Multicolor Stitch Ruffle BagBy John GallianoLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an abstract denim ruffle embroidered John Galliano mini bag. From the Fall/Winter 2002 collection, this kiss-lock mini bag features multiple layers of different...Category
Early 2000s Top Handle Bags$671 Sale Price25% Off
- Gucci by Tom Ford Black Ostrich Leather Horsebit Oversized Shoulder BagBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PAThe RealList presents: Designed by Tom Ford for Gucci, this stylish bag was crafted in luxurious ostrich leather and features gold metal accents. The large rolled shoulder strap make...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoulder Bags$2,962 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Purple Velvet 'GG' Monogram Runway BagBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an iconic burgundy Gucci 'GG' monogram bucket bag, designed by Tom Ford. From the Fall/Winter 1997 collection, this fabulous bag is constructed of a deep purple...Category
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags$1,496 Sale Price25% Off
- 2000s Gianni Versace by Donatella Embroidered Lizard Medusa Clutch Strap Y2KBy Gianni Versace, Donatella Versace for Gianni VersaceLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a purple lizard-embossed Gianni Versace frame bag designed by Donatella Versace in the early 2000s. This Y2K bag features a gunmetal Medusa medallion on the mag...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags$993 Sale Price25% Off
- Galliano for Christian Dior Leopard Gambler Dice Bowler BagBy John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Scottsdale, AZHow wild is this Christian Dior handbag?! This stunning Galliano for Christian Dior handbag from 2004 Fall runway is made from pony hair and complete with luxe deep red velvet/ velou...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Dior Spring 2001 Camo Saddle BagBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Prague, CZAn incredible documented saddle bag made out of fabulous leather with a glossy finish and unique enamel green-to-yellow gradient hardware with sparkly bits. As seen on the runway and...Category
Early 2000s Top Handle Bags
- Christian Dior by John Galliano purple velvet and crystal mini bag, c. 1998By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior mini evening bag ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ Crushed purple velvet with signature 'Cannage' quilting ▪ Silk handles and interior ▪ Four 'DIOR' silver charms ado...Category
1990s French Evening Bags and Minaudières
- 2002 Vintage John Galliano for Christian Dior Leather BagBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Montgomery, TXChristian Dior Top Handle Bag 2002 Collection by John Galliano Details: Brown Leather Floral Embroidery Silver-Tone Hardware Flat Handles Logo Jacquard Lining & Single Interior Pock...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Top Handle Bags
- Christian Dior 'J'adore Dior' Terry Cloth HandbagBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Scottsdale, AZToo dior-able to pass up! Designed by Galliano for Dior circa 1990s, this mini handbag is crafted from white terry cloth and is embroidered with 'J'adore Dior' in blue lettering. Fea...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- Dior Vintage Pink Trotter Bowler PVC Bag 2004By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis Dior pink Trotter bowler bag features an exterior of Dior monogram Canvas, transparent PVC, leather finishes, dual large looping handles, top zip closure and gold tone hardware....Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Top Handle Bags