Sterling Silver Asprey & Co London 1913 Miniature Carriage Clock Original Case
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 3.75 in (9.5 cm)Width: 2.76 in (7 cm)Depth: 2.37 in (6 cm)
- Style:Edwardian (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1913
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Minor structural damages. Minor fading.
- Seller Location:GB
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2823330852652
Asprey International Limited
Favored for over two centuries by European royalty, movie stars, rock music legends and England’s elite, Asprey International Limited’s reputation for creating elegant, high-quality furniture, jewelry and decorative objects is without equal. The storied manufacturer’s motto — “It can be done” — exemplifies their approach to design, which has proven over time to be both dynamic and enduring. To this day, Asprey International Limited remains a go-to purveyor of luxury goods and bespoke design services.
The roots of Asprey International Limited can be traced all the way back to 1781 when it was founded by William Asprey in Mitcham, Surrey. The business moved to its revered modern location, 166 Bond Street, in 1847. The company’s highly accurate regulator clock, once displayed in the window of their flagship, became a frequent stop for Londoners wishing to reset their watches.
Asprey first gained renown for its manufacture of exquisitely engineered dressing cases, which were compact pieces of luggage that travelers would use to tote their cosmetics and toiletries. At the International Exhibition of 1862, the company received a gold medal for its excellent dressing-case designs and also earned a Royal Warrant from Queen Victoria for their manufacture. Upon his ascension to the throne, King Edward II introduced incredibly formal Buckingham Palace court presentations, balls and soirées, resulting in a huge demand for diamond jewels starting with his coronation in 1902. The court jewelers Asprey, Garrard, Carrington and the newly opened London branch of Cartier were all overwhelmed with orders for sumptuous diamond jewelry to be worn at the king’s elaborate coronation. Currently, Asprey International Limited holds a Royal Warrant from His Royal Majesty Charles, Prince of Wales, for jewelry and silver.
Asprey continued to build its reputation for the production of luxury goods including tableware and silverplate pieces throughout the Victorian period and into the early 20th century. Especially known for its designs of the 1920s and ‘30s, Asprey International Limited considers the Art Deco period to have been its golden age. Their designers embraced the spirited originality of the period with open arms, and Asprey enjoyed a time of intense creativity and debuted a wealth of iconic creations throughout the mid-century modern period, too.
Asprey artisans have designed bespoke pieces for such notable celebrities as British musician Ringo Starr and American actress Angelina Jolie. They have also designed made-to-order accessories for Hollywood movies, most notably the Edwardian-style “Coeur de la Mer,” which was a piece of costume jewelry from James Cameron’s 1997 hit, Titanic. The company’s recreation of the piece — this time designed with actual gems sourced from Sri Lanka — fetched more than $2 million at a fundraiser held in Princess Diana’s honor in 1998. Asprey previously acted as the official jewelry designer for the BAFTA awards and collaborated with Ferrari’s Formula 1 team during the late 1990s.
Asprey International Limited has received many awards and recognitions for its timeless designs. Most notably, it was awarded the Queen's Award to Industry in 1975. The London College of Arms bestowed upon the brand a new official coat of arms in 2006 to mark its esteemed 225-year-long legacy of excellence.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Sterling Silver Enamel Liberty's London Archibald Knox Miniature Carriage ClockBy Liberty of London, Archibald KnoxLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this exceptionally rare and absolutely stunning fully hallmarked 1906 Liberty’s London Sterling Silver & Enamel miniature carriage clock made by th...Category
Antique Early 1900s English Edwardian Mantel ClocksMaterials
Enamel, Sterling Silver
- Original circa 1920's Asprey London Chinoiserie Mantle Clock Lovely DecorationBy Asprey & Garrard LimitedLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer this lovely original circa 1920’s Asprey London Chinoiserie mantle clock A very decorative and well made piece, r...Category
Vintage 1920s English Chinoiserie Mantel ClocksMaterials
- Sterling Silver Enamel Liberty's 1911 Archibald Knox Miniature Carriage ClockBy Liberty of London, Archibald KnoxLocated in GBWe are delighted to this exceptionally rare and absolutely stunning fully hallmarked 1911 Liberty’s London sterling silver & enamel miniature carriage clock made by the wonder that is Archibald Knox I am now listing my three liberty’s clocks, I have one Tudric pewter and two miniature sterling silver & enamel fully restored carriage clocks, all listed under my other items and made by Archibald Knox This clock has been fully restored, the case has been straightened and aligned and professionally polished, the movement removed and serviced. Its fully hallmarked with the sideways facing Lion for sterling silver, the ship Anchor for Birmingham, the date letter M for 1911, and lastly L&Co for Liberty and Co Between the years of 1899 and 1910 Archibald Knox was one of the principal designers for the London department store Liberty & Co. He designed for many mediums including metal ware, jewellery, terracotta garden ware, and graphic design. He was responsible for many of the designs in their Cymric silver...Category
Vintage 1910s English Edwardian Mantel ClocksMaterials
Sterling Silver, Enamel
- Rare Asprey London Sterling Silver 1917 Jewelry Box Charles & Richard ComynsBy Charles & George Asprey, Asprey & Garrard Limited, Asprey International LimitedLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this stunning original Asprey London 1917 solid sterling silver Jewellery box with a faux tortoiseshell top made by the amazing Charles and Richard...Category
Vintage 1910s English Art Nouveau Sterling SilverMaterials
- Solid Sterling Silver Liberty's London 1915 Miniature Carrage Clock Tudric FeelBy Liberty of London, TudricLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this exceptionally rare and absolutely stunning fully hallmarked 1915 Liberty’s London Sterling Silver miniature carriage clock made in the Tudric style I have a few very high end Liberty's of London clocks...Category
Vintage 1910s English Art Deco Mantel ClocksMaterials
- 1900 Liberty & Co. London Sterling Silver Plated Archibald Knox Mantle ClockBy Liberty of London, Archibald KnoxLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this lovely Archibald Knox sterling silver plated Liberty & Co. London mantle clock This clock is part of a suite, I have a Pewter enamel Knox L...Category
Antique Early 1900s English Victorian Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- A Miniature Silver Carriage Clock in original case by W. ThornhillLocated in London, GBA fine miniature silver carriage clock in its original red leather case by W. Thornhill. The fine 8 day platform escapement movement by the Geneva Clock Co. The leather case on insid...Category
Antique 1890s English Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- Asprey 1895 London Desk Travel Clock in .925 Sterling Silver with Lapis LazuliBy Charles & George AspreyLocated in Miami, FLDesk clock designed by Asprey of London. A gorgeous and imposing antique desk travel clock, created in London England by Charles & George Asprey i...Category
Antique 1890s English Arts and Crafts Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, Silver, Sterling Silver
- French miniature brass carriage clock in caseLocated in Delft, NLFrench miniature brass carriage clock in case The carriage clock in black leather case has an enamel dial with Roman numerals. The mechanism with an anchor escapement and is of a la...Category
Early 20th Century French Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- Antique Tortoiseshell & Sterling Silver Carriage Clock London 1920Located in London, GBA superb quality tortoiseshell & sterling silver carriage clock, fully hallmarked & dated London 1920. An elegant timepiece, all of the tortoisesh...Category
Vintage 1920s English Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- Antique French Miniature Gilt Timepiece Carriage Clock with Original Travel CaseLocated in London, GBFrench Miniature timepiece carriage clock with original travel case. This is a very attractive miniature carriage clock in a beautifully executed Anglais Riche case with rounded colu...Category
Antique 1880s French Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
- Antique Swiss Miniature Silver Blue Guilloche Enamel Carriage Clock & Case 1900Located in Portland, ORA fine & exceptional antique Swiss silver & Guilloche enamel miniature carriage clock & case, circa 1910. The clock complete with the original leather case, made of sterling silver a...Category
Vintage 1910s Swiss Art Nouveau Carriage Clocks and Travel ClocksMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery