- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
14-Karat Yellow Gold Rolex Men's Dress Watch
- CreatorRolex (Watchmaker)
- DimensionsHeight: 9.5 in. (24.13 cm)Width: 1.33 in. (3.38 cm)Depth: .5 in. (1.27 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1945
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. some wear to face.
- Seller LocationHamilton, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1355210513311
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Hamilton, Canada
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Rolex (Watchmaker)
Ask anyone, anywhere, to name a luxury watch brand, and the answer will probably be “Rolex.” This enviable worldwide recognition can be credited in part to the genius of company founder Hans Wilsdorf. When the German-born watch dealer and his brother-in-law, Alfred Davis, set up their London enterprise, in 1905, they called it Wilsdorf & Davis, according to the traditional formula.
But Wilsdorf was determined to come up with another name that was short, would look good on a watch dial and was easy to say and remember in several languages. In 1908, he trademarked the name Rolex, and by 1920, he had moved the company to Geneva and redubbed it as Montres Rolex S.A.
But the main reasons for the brand’s success are its commitment to precision and unflagging pursuit of innovation. In 1926, the company introduced the aptly named Oyster model. With a screw-down crown and case back, both fitted with rubber gaskets, this was the first truly waterproof watch.
Five years later, Rolex upped the ante with the Oyster Perpetual. That model’s patented Perpetual movement contained a rotor mechanism enabling it to self-wind. In another trendsetting move, in 1945, the brand debuted the Datejust, with a date window prominently displayed on the dial.
The company’s two most iconic models are sports watches. Although the Submariner, which debuted in 1953, was developed as a dive watch, its waterproof case, solid construction and good looks made it a favorite of adventurers and urbanites alike, including James Bond, who wore it in classics like Dr. No and Goldfinger. The Daytona, the racing chronograph made famous by Paul Newman, is especially sought after by collectors. Newman’s personal Daytona, which hit the auction block in 2017, sold for $17.8 million.
Find vintage and contemporary Rolex watches, bracelets and more on 1stDibs.
- Located in Hamilton, OntarioThis pair of men’s gold and diamond cufflinks have no maker's marks, but presumed to have been made in the Unite...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Collectible JewelryMaterials
Gold$2,800 Sale Price / set20% Off
- Located in Hamilton, OntarioThis antique 9-karat yellow gold watch chain is presumed to have originated from England and dates to circa 1880...Category
Antique Late 19th Century English Edwardian Collectible JewelryMaterials
- Located in Hamilton, OntarioLadies ZentRa 14-karat gold watch and band with diamonds. Keeps perfect time.Category
20th Century Collectible JewelryMaterials
Gold$1,195 Sale Price20% Off
- Located in Hamilton, Ontario19th century 14-karat gold watch fob chain and pendants. Weight: 50 grams. Shipping within the United States...Category
Antique 19th Century Collectible JewelryMaterials
Gold$2,395 Sale Price20% Off
- Located in Hamilton, OntarioStamped 14-karat yellow gold man's diamond ring with a bright polish and textured finish. Condition is very good...Category
Vintage 1980s Collectible JewelryMaterials
You May Also Like
Mid-20th Century Collectible Jewelry
Vintage 1950s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Collectible Jewelry
Antique 1860s French Collectible Jewelry
Vintage 1970s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Collectible Jewelry
Vintage 1940s Swiss Art Deco Collectible Jewelry
Vintage 1970s Swiss Modern Collectible Jewelry
20th Century Italian Collectible Jewelry
20th Century Italian Modern Collectible Jewelry
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery