- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Daybed, Model PK80, by Poul Kjærholm and E. Kold Christensen, 1960s
- DimensionsHeight: 11.82 in (30 cm)Width: 74.81 in (190 cm)Depth: 31.5 in (80 cm)Seat Height: 11.82 in (30 cm)
- StyleScandinavian Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1960s
- ConditionRefinished. Reupholstered. Everything we sell to customers will be inspected thoroughly at our professional workshop by our educated carpenters, who assures the products quality.
- Seller LocationLejre, DK
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1209217062341
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Lejre, Denmark
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
At what is now the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in Copenhagen, Kjærholm studied under Hans Wegner and Jørn Utzon — an industrial designer and the architect of the celebrated Sydney Opera House. The latter greatly influenced Kjærholm’s furniture production techniques — although he employed natural materials such as cane and leather, to a far greater extent than his peers Kjærholm embraced the use of steel (rather than wood) framing for his chairs, daybeds and tables.
Kjærholm’s signal design was the PK22 chair of 1956, a low-slung leather lounger on a steel base. The ideas introduced in the PK22 — Kjærholm’s designs were named using a numeric system devised with his manufacturer, E. Kold Christensen — were refined throughout his career, as the offerings below show: the PK11 chair of 1957, with back and armrests formed by a semicircle of ash; the capacious, richly patinated leather seat of a vintage 1961 PK9 chair; the elegant rattan swoop of the PK 24 chaise longue (1965). The chaise longue's leather headrest, held in place by a steel counterweight, best shows Kjærholm's particular gift for combining technological advancements with a respect for traditional detailing.
While respectful of the past, Poul Kjærholm's sensibility is one of optimism and expectation. His was design for those who lived with verve and élan, and confidently anticipated the future.
Find a collection of vintage Poul Kjærholm furniture on 1stDibs.
- 3 Seater sofa, model PK31/3, by Poul Kjærholm and Fritz Hansen, 1997By Poul KjærholmLocated in Lejre, DK3 Seater sofa, model PK31/3, designed by Poul Kjærholm in the 1950s and manufactured by Fritz Hansen in 1997. The sofa is in natural leather with patina and flat steel. The sofa is i...Category
20th Century Danish Scandinavian Modern SofasMaterials
- Coffe Table, Model PK63A, in Stainless Steel and Marble by Poul KjærholmBy Fritz Hansen, Poul KjærholmLocated in Lejre, DKCoffe table, model PK63A, in stainless steel and marble designed by Poul Kjærholm and manufactured by Fritz Hansen in 2016. The table is in great used condition.Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Coffee Table, Model PK61, of Glass and Stainless Steel Designed by Poul KjærholmBy Fritz Hansen, Poul KjærholmLocated in Lejre, DKCoffee table, model PK61, of glass and stainless steel designed by Poul Kjærholm and manufactured by Fritz Hansen. The table is in great vintage condition.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- PH Contrast by Poul Henningsen and Louis Poulsen, 1960sBy Poul Henningsen, Louis PoulsenLocated in Lejre, DKPH Contrast designed by Poul Henningsen in 1958-1962 and manufactured by Louis Poulsen. The lamp is with white lacquered frame and aluminum plates partly white - and orange lacquered.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Lounge Chair in Oak and Brown Patinated Leather by Poul Hundevad, 1960sBy Poul Hundevad, Vamdrup StolefabrikLocated in Lejre, DKLounge chair in oak and Brown patinated leather designed by Poul Hundevad and manufactured by Vamdrup in the 1960s.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- Sideboard in Oak Designed by Poul Hundevad from the 1960sBy Poul HundevadLocated in Lejre, DKSideboard in oak designed by Poul Hundevad from the 1960s. The item is in great vintage condition and we have two in stock. Measures: H 75 cm, W 108 cm and D 43 cm.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Daybeds
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Daybeds
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Daybeds
Mid-20th Century Danish Scandinavian Modern Sofas
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Daybeds
Mid-20th Century Danish Scandinavian Modern Lounge Chairs
20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Daybeds
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Side Chairs
Vintage 1970s Danish Scandinavian Modern Stools
Vintage 1950s Danish Mid-Century Modern Armchairs
Featured in 1stDibs 50
Antique 19th Century French Louis XVI Chandeliers and Pendants
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Club Chairs
Antique Late 19th Century French Rustic Coffee and Cocktail Tables
2010s American Industrial Dining Room Tables
2010s American Industrial Dining Room Tables
Carrara Marble, Brass, Steel
Recently ViewedView More
Iconic Furniture Gives These 1stDibs 50 Rooms Timeless Appeal
A well-made armchair, table or pendant lamp can afford both comfort and convenience. An exceptional one can transform a space. See how the honorees on this year’s 1stDibs 50 list of top interior designers used standout pieces to create the kind of rooms you never want to leave.