Henredon Chin Hua Server Buffet
About the Item
- Creator:Henredon (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 30 in (76.2 cm)Width: 41 in (104.14 cm)Depth: 18 in (45.72 cm)
- Style:Chinoiserie (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:Late 1970s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Pasadena, TX
- Reference Number:Seller: MS103061stDibs: LU867126503592
Founded in 1945, Henredon is one of the more recently minted of the top-tier North Carolina furniture makers. Among collectors, Henredon is admired both for its sleek, sexy furniture of the 1970s and for its partnerships with noted designers, a program that started in the 1950s with decorating icon Dorothy Draper and architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
From the start, Henredon — the brand name is a portmanteau term, derived from the first names or initials of three of the company’s founders — has been best known for its vintage case pieces, such as cabinets, dressers, armoires and credenzas. Though not on the cutting edge stylistically, the company’s production has always kept pace with contemporary tastes. In 1953, Henredon began a collaboration with Dorothy Draper, famed for bravura interior design commissions such as the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco and the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia. Her taste for bold, modernized historical style is reflected in the incised baroque medallions of her España line and the geometric motif of her Viennese furnishings group.
In 1955, Henredon launched the Taliesin Ensemble by Wright, named after the architect’s houses in Wisconsin and Arizona. The pieces are recognizable by their angular shapes a dentil motif on their edges. In those years, Henredon had a cross-licensing agreement with the Heritage furniture company, and Draper and Wright furniture is usually labeled Heritage-Henredon.
In later decades, Henredon produced collections for such designers as Ralph Lauren and Laura Ashley. The company took a stylish turn in the 1970s, fabricating new and unusual forms like mirrored room dividers and console tables with rounded corners and burl-wood veneers. Such pieces are priced in the $3,000 to $4,000 range, as are chests of drawers by Draper. Wright furniture tends toward the higher end, priced around $7,000. As you will see on 1stDibs, Henredon was an aesthetically diverse maker, but its furniture commands attention and makes a statement in any eclectic decor.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Pasadena, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- James Mont Chin Hua Hollywood Regency Buffet CabinetBy James MontLocated in Pasadena, TXChin Hua inspired buffet or cabinet designed by James Mont. Ebonized oak with silver leaf detailing. Four center drawers with carved pulls and two side doors with shelved storage.Category
Vintage 1940s American Hollywood Regency BuffetsMaterials
- Chin Hua Display Cabinet by Raymond Sobota for Century FurnitureBy Century FurnitureLocated in Pasadena, TXChin Hua display cabinet by Raymond Sobota for Century Furniture Raymond K. Sobota started designing for Century Furniture in ...Category
Late 20th Century European Mid-Century Modern CabinetsMaterials
- Mid-Century Buffet ServerLocated in Pasadena, TXA unique retro two-toned wooden cabinet which could be used as a buffet or server. There are two drawers, a spacious cabinet, and a pull-down shelf or work surface.Category
Vintage 1950s Mid-Century Modern CabinetsMaterials
- Chin Hua Carved Demilune Marble ConsoleLocated in Pasadena, TXChin Hua Marble Console Vintage Oriental Chinese carved hardwood demilune marble top console table. Item features a half round demilune top with inse...Category
Mid-20th Century Asian Chinoiserie FurnitureMaterials
- Chin Hua Waterfall Coffee Table with Fretwork DetailsBy Maitland SmithLocated in Pasadena, TXChin hua waterfall coffee table with fretwork sides. Walnut table with waterfall and carved fretwork sides attributed to Maitland Smith.Category
Late 20th Century Chinoiserie Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- 93" Black Lacquered Chin Hua Headboard by Century FurnitureBy Century FurnitureLocated in Pasadena, TXBlack lacquered chin hua headboard by Century Furniture. Carved details on corners of headboard. Would look fantastic with drapery behind or a scree...Category
Vintage 1970s American Chinoiserie Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- 1970s Raymond Sabota Chin Hua Gentleman's DresserBy Century Furniture, Raymond SabotaLocated in Waxahachie, TX1970s Burlwood and lacquer Classic chinoiserie Raymond K Sabota Chin Hua for Century Furniture Genuine Century two-tone chinoiserie armoire/ gentlemans dresser...Category
Vintage 1970s American Campaign CabinetsMaterials
- Century Chinoiserie Chin Hua Dbl Display China Cabinet Bookcase Raymond SobotaBy Century Furniture, Raymond K. SobotaLocated in Topeka, KSStunning vintage chinoiserie Chin Hua double display, China cabinet, or bookcase by Raymond K. Sobota for Century Furniture. Comprised of white ash burlwood with ebonized maple accents, brass hardware, lighted cabinet with 3/8-inch glass shelves with plate grooves. Beautiful condition, keeping in mind that this is vintage and not new so will have signs of use and wear. There are some minor chips in some of the shelves. Please see photos and zoom in for details. We attempt to portray any imperfections. Circa, Late 20th Century. YES… Actually, you ARE seeing DOUBLE!! This is a phenomenal DOUBLE display cabinet, China cabinet, or bookcase by Raymond K. Sobota for Century Furniture!! This outstanding piece is part of the original Chin Hua collection designed by Raymond K. Sobota for Century Furniture in 1975. The entire collection was retired in 1998 after a 23-year successful run. So successful that Century Furniture reissued the collection in 2012. And it is no wonder they revived it. The Chin Hua Collection was one of Century’s most revered collections of all time. However, this gorgeous piece is not part of the new collection and is only available vintage. Playing with the Hollywood Regency and Chinoiseries style, Sobota designed this piece beautifully. It is comprised of 2 separate pieces as the top separates from the base, but it’s not designed to use the two pieces separately. However, it is nice for shipping and relocating purposes! The entire piece is all one depth, and the frame is comprised of white ash burlwood with ebonized maple accents and stunning brass hardware. The top of the cabinet is lighted and features four glass front doors with a black wood center divider inside between each cabinet and a total of six 3/8-inch glass shelves (three on each side) with plate grooves behind them. WOW!! The base has two sets of beautiful burlwood front double doors which feature gorgeous brass accent pulls and inside, a fixed wood partial shelf on each side. Talk about wonderful storage space!! Fill it with your favorite sculptures, books, plates, linens, or objects d’art! Whatever you choose to fill it with, this double display cabinet or bookcase is ready to make a bold statement in your living room, dining area, study, or any room that needs a bit of chinoiserie excellence. Raymond Karl Sobota (1914-2010) is an award-winning American furniture designer. He attended and obtained his degree in design from Kendall College of Art and Design in his native home of Grand Rapids, Michigan. After graduating in 1946 Sobota apprenticed with his namesake and uncle, a furniture designer as well, Karl Schmidt, who designed for Berkey and Gay Furniture...Category
Late 20th Century American Chinoiserie CabinetsMaterials
- Henredon Aston Court Sideboard Credenza Buffet and HutchBy HenredonLocated in Countryside, ILHenredon Aston Court sideboard credenza buffet and hutch This buffet and hutch measures: 78 wide x 17 deep x 91 inches high This set is in Excellent ...Category
Early 2000s American Modern BuffetsMaterials
- Henredon Vera Cruz Vitrine Display Case Buffet CabinetBy HenredonLocated in Lake Worth, FLOffering one of our Recent Palm Beach Estate Fine Furniture Acquisitions of A Henredon Vera Cruz Campaign Style Vitrine Curio display case buffet cabinet ...Category
Vintage 1980s Campaign CabinetsMaterials
- CENTURY Chin Hua by Raymond Sobota Asian Chinoiserie Dual China Display CabinetBy Raymond Sabota, Century FurnitureLocated in Charlotte, NCAn Asian style dual china display cabinet by high-quality furniture maker Century Furniture, from their "Chin Hua" line designed by Raymond K Sobota. Maple hardwood with burl maple veneers, black lacquer and brass hardware. Dual lighted upper cabinets with three adjustable plate grooved glass shelves in each (6), dual beveled glass pane doors...Category
Late 20th Century American Chinoiserie CabinetsMaterials
- Henredon Scene Two Mid Century Burlwood Buffet and HutchBy HenredonLocated in Countryside, ILHenredon Scene Two Mid Century Burlwood Buffet and Hutch The buffet measures: 60 wide x 16 deep x 27.5 inches high The hutch measures: 54 wide x 14...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern BuffetsMaterials
Smoked Glass, Burl
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery