Items Similar to North German Ash Wood Empire Secretary with Inlay, circa 1810 View More
North German Ash Wood Empire Secretary with Inlay, circa 1810
From the Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein region of Germany, once part of Denmark, a handsome Empire secretary in ash with tiered bureau bookcase with bowed doors. Interior writing desk is in birch and kingswood and consists of ten small drawers and one closed compartment which houses two interior drawers. Desk top offers two sliding door panels in oak with an adjustable lift-up writing or reading surface, also in oak. Three long storage drawers follow underneath desk top. Denmark, circa 1810. Measures: 46 1/4" wide x 22" deep x 80" high Depth when desk is open: 34.5" writing surface is 31" form the floor.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1800-1810
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsSecondary wood is oak. All locks are original and hand made in the old style with very complex cut out key patterns . (2) original keys Lower back panel was replaced.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 80 in. x W 46.25 in. x D 22 in.H 203.2 cm x W 117.48 cm x D 55.88 cm
- Seller LocationMiami, FL
- Seller Reference NumberSEC00158
- Reference NumberLU98814019083
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2013
Located in Miami, FL
More From This Seller
North German Empire/Biedermeier Cylinder-Top Se...
Antique 19th Century German Empire Secretaires
A lovely Empire secretary with bookcase in ash with inlays and marquetry silhouettes of neoclassical Roman images. Cylinder top opens to a pull-out desk which offers a felt-lined lec...
North German Biedermeier Ash Chest with Three D...
Antique 19th Century German Biedermeier Commodes and Chests of Drawers
A handsome small North German Biedermeier chest of drawers with four drawers. Top drawer folds opens to a secretary desk housing an open cubby surrounded by eight small drawers. In b...
Louis Phillipe North German Fall-Front Secretar...
Antique Mid-19th Century German Louis Philippe Secretaires
A captivating one of a kind Louis Phillip secretary in book-matched, flame mahogany with shaped, curvi-linear drawer fronts and faux drawer fronts on the fall-front and the sides. Of...
19th Century Scandinavian Birch Empire Bureau S...
Antique Early 19th Century Swedish Empire Secretaires
A very fine Scandinavian Empire/Biedermeier secretary in beautiful birch wood with mahogany interior, Denmark, circa 1820. The highly sculptural form makes this piece an outstanding ...