- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Chanel Quilted Cuff Bracelet, 1980s
About the Item
- Weight:88 g
- Dimensions:Height: 1.5 in (38.1 mm)Width: 2.6 in (66.04 mm)Depth: 2 in (50.8 mm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1980s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:London, GB
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU670314966992
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Vintage Chanel Quilted Byzantine Cuff Bracelet, 1980sBy ChanelLocated in London, GBVintage Chanel Matelasse hinged cuff bracelet in gold plate from the 1980s. This collector's item features the signature Chanel quilted pattern all around with a central decorative ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Byzantine Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$2,083Free Shipping
- Vintage Givenchy Big Link Chain Bracelet, 1980sBy GivenchyLocated in London, GB1980s Vintage Givenchy chain bracelet featuring big ornate links in gold plate. This vintage bracelet features polished links with in an open knot design with a lobster clasp and ex...Category
Vintage 1980s Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$612Free Shipping
- Vintage Givenchy Herringbone Chain Bracelet with Logo Clasp, 1980sBy GivenchyLocated in London, GB1980s Vintage Givenchy herringbone chain bracelet in gold plate. This vintage bracelet features a flat, wide herringbone chain with a statement double G logo clasp. Bracelet measu...Category
Vintage 1980s Modern Chain BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$441 / itemFree Shipping
- Vintage Givenchy Byzantine Chain Bracelet, 1980sBy GivenchyLocated in London, GB1980s Vintage Givenchy Byzantine link chain bracelet in gold plate. This vintage bracelet features ornate textured links with a signature Givenchy logo clasp. Bracelet measures 7 ...Category
Vintage 1980s Modern Chain BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$536Free Shipping
- Geometric Cuff Bracelet with Turquoise and Gold Plate by Allison BryanBy Allison BryanLocated in London, GBThis cuff bracelet features a geometric design and is handcrafted in gold-plated sterling silver with a turquoise accent. The bracelet is slightly flexible allowing for a customisab...Category
2010s British Modernist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$328 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Bronze Mega Cuff Bracelet by Allison BryanBy Allison BryanLocated in London, GBCrafted in solid, glowing bronze, the Mega Cuff is a subtle statement piece for every day. The unique texture adds interest to this classic wide cuff. Every piece in this collect...Category
2010s British Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Bronze$239 / itemFree Shipping
- Chanel Gold Tone Braided Cuff BraceletBy ChanelLocated in Nice, FRCHANEL semi rigid braided cuff bracelet featuring intertwined gold toned chains with antique patina. Embossed CHANEL. Indicative measurements : inner circumference approx. 19.80 cm...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cuff Bracelets$953Free Shipping
- Chanel Coco Crush Yellow Gold Cuff Bangle BraceletBy ChanelLocated in Holland, PA18k Yellow Gold Coco Crush 2" Wide Cuff Bangle Bracelet by Chanel Details: Length: Size small, 6.5" Weight: 109.1 grams Width: 2" Stamped Hallmarks: Chanel 750 V31008 S *Free Shippi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cuff BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold$20,000Free Shipping
- Bvlgari 18K Yellow Gold Tubogas Sapphire RingBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYLovely Bvlgari 18K Yellow Gold Tubogas ring with a blue sapphire ring. A classic that will be your favorite in the jewelry box. Match it with your other tubogas items. Size 6.Category
20th Century Italian Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$8,320 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Chanel Matelasse Diamond & Pearl 18K Wide Bangle Bracelet & Matching Ring C 2009By ChanelLocated in Aspen, COChanel Paris Matelasse pearl and pavé diamond bangle bracelet and matching ring, accompanied with the original letter from Chanel to the original client (and valued most recently in ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold$198,800 Sale Price / set20% Off
- Cartier Dome Yellow Gold EarclipsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThese Cartier yellow gold ear clips feature a domed ridge design in 18K gold. 1 inch long. Stamped Cartier (French hallmark maker’s mark). Gross weight: 14.10 dwt. 1990 Circa With Or...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold$7,000Free Shipping
- Vintage Serpent Enameled 18k Reticulated Cuff BraceletLocated in MIAMI, FLExtraordinary design seen on this vintage masterpiece. This bracelet is crafted in 18k yellow gold and in the theme of a serpent. This snake is extremely well made as it shows detail...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Retro Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$18,000Free Shipping
- 1980s Style Diamond Rope Vintage Bracelet, with Diamond Made in 18 Karat GoldLocated in New York, NY80's style diamond bracelet featuring a combination of round diamonds set in a unique rope like gold textured bracelet. Made in 18K gold. Overall Excellent Condition with no sig...Category
Late 20th Century American Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Vintage Old Pawn Navajo Silver & Turquoise Cuff BraceletLocated in Philadelphia, PAA fine vintage Old Pawn Navajo silver cuff bracelet. Inlaid with turquoise & worked with hand-hammered decorations and rope twist edges throughout. Simply a wonderful Navajo cuff b...Category
20th Century North American Native American Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Turquoise, Silver$495Free Shipping
- Italian Diamond Cuff BraceletLocated in DALLAS, TX18k two-tone 0.68 carat total weight round brilliant cut diamond cuff bracelet. Made by Masella Italy. Size 60mm x 40 mm (2.5 x 1.5 inch) inner diameter with 20mm (1 inch) wrist open...Category
20th Century Italian Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$3,250Free Shipping
- 1980s Diamond Blue Sapphire 18 Karat Gold 1980s Cuff Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami, FLThis Shell design Retro 1980’s Style Cuff Bracelet is Crafted in solid heavy 18K Yellow Gold, Dazzling with some sparkle there are 16 Baguette , Bezel set diamonds with a total w...Category
Vintage 1980s Romantic Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold$6,799Free Shipping
- 1980s Ruby Diamond Cuff Rock Crystal braceletLocated in New York, NYAn unusual cuff bracelet in rock crystal with rubies (8 cts) and diamonds (2.60 cts). Circa 1980s.Category
Vintage 1980s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, Rock Crystal, Ruby, 18k Gold$38,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.