- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Pearl Green Gripoix Gold Toned Hardware Brooch
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel gold hardware CC black patent leather sandals heelsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Chanel gold hardware CC black patent leather sandals heels. - size 38.5Category
1990s Italian Sandals
- Chanel Black and Blue Tweed Wool CoatBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black and blue tweed wool coat from Fall 2008 collection. Featuring five beautifully crafted silver "CC" logo buttons in front fastening. One jetted pocket and two open top ...Category
Early 2000s French Coats
- Chanel Fuchsia Pink Silk Shirt with Back Gripoix buttonsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel fuchsia pink silk shirt. - Featuring Gripoix buttons closure at the back and the cuffs. - Round neck. - Size 38. - 100% Silk.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shirts
- Vintage 90s Chanel Black Quilted Suede Handle HandbagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s chanel black quilted suede leather handle handbag. - Chanel gold hardware zip closure. - Exterior “CC” turnlock flap closure. - Lambskin leather Interior slip poc...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Pink Quilted Lambskin Leather Box HandbagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Chanel pink quilted lambskin leather box handbag - Double frame top opening with a hook closure. - Silver "Chanel" stamped hardware. - Featuring a single compartme...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- Vintage 1998 Chanel Black A-Line Jersey Maxi DressBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black square neck A-Line jersey with split cut at the back maxi dress from 1998 collection. - Featuring two layers that first layer is wrapping around the second layer a...Category
1990s French Maxi Dress
- Maison Gripoix for Chanel Deep Coral Nacre Camellia Pendant BroochBy Maison Gripoix for ChanelLocated in New York, NYUnusual Maison Gripoix for Chanel poured glass signature camellia pendant-brooch with deep coral nacre lacquer by Victoire de Castellane for Maison Gripoix for Chanel. Excellent Cond...Category
1990s French Modern BroochesMaterials
Gold Plate, Bronze, Gilt Metal$2,250Free Shipping
- CHANEL Vintage 1990's Collection 23 gold tone red Gripoix pearl broochBy ChanelLocated in Hong Kong, NTCHANEL Vintage 1990's Collection 23 gold tone red Gripoix pearl brooch Brand: Chanel Designer: Karl Lagerfeld Collection: Collection 23 Material: Metal Color: Gold Pattern: Solid Cl...Category
1990s French BroochesMaterials
- Chanel Gothic CrestBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel by Goossens handmade cross in pate de verre, faux pearls and bronzed metal. Softer uncharacteristic Chanel tones including aquamarine and pale emerald decorate this brooch. A ...Category
Vintage 1980s French BroochesMaterials
Base Metal$3,850Free Shipping
- Vintage Gold & Blue Glass Earrings 1980sLocated in Wilmslow, GBVintage Blue Glass Earrings. Featuring very high quality, weighty geo style mounts set with a emerald cut style glass stone in glorous electric blue. Crafted in gold plated metal. In...Category
Vintage 1980s Clip-on Earrings$169Free Shipping
- Chanel Red and Green Gripoix Gold Twist ChainBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Gripoix Gold Twist Chain is in excellent vintage condition from the mid 1980’s. Red and green Gripoix glass stones are situated within a gold twisted extra lo...Category
Vintage 1980s French Beaded Necklaces$3,995Free Shipping
- Chanel Yellow Sapphire Diamond Gold Brooch PinBy ChanelLocated in New York, NY18k gold brooch, designed by Chanel, set with yellow sapphires and approx. 1.40ctw in diamonds. Brooch measures 90mm x 14mm. Marked: Chanel, 7 D 41, or 750. Weight - 18.4 grams.Category
20th Century French BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Sapphire, Gold$8,000Free Shipping
- Chanel Flor De Camilia 18 Karat Yellow Gold and Ceramic BroochBy ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLThe white Camilla was Coco Chanel’s favorite flower and it was used in many of her jewelry designs. This beautiful brooch is a rare and iconic piece of Chanel fine jewelry . In the c...Category
20th Century BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$18,000Free Shipping
- Large Chanel Black Poured Resin and Faceted Bead Camelia Brooch, circa 2000By ChanelLocated in New York, NYImportant large unsigned Chanel brooch from the estate of Jayne Wrightsman, an American philanthropist and the woman who advised Jackie Kennedy on the decoration of the White House. ...Category
Late 20th Century French Brooches$2,250Free Shipping
- Chanel Gold Tone Plated Turn Lock Large Big Key Chain, 1996By ChanelLocated in Central & Western District, HKBrand: Chanel Reference: JW321 Measurement of Logo: 2.9cm x 3.7cm Length of Key Chain: 11.5cm Material: Gilt Metal Year: 1996 Made in France Please Note: the jewelries are guarante...Category
1990s French More JewelryMaterials
Gilt Metal, Gold, Gold Plate$2,300Free Shipping
- Chanel Diamond Onyx Flower Brooches, set of twoBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYA set of two elegant and stylish brooches, embellished with diamonds and onyx, set in 18K white gold. Created by Chanel. Onyx plaques, circular-cut diamonds, French marks, flower br...Category
20th Century French BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Onyx, 18k Gold, White Gold$84,500Free Shipping
- Chanel Gilt Flower Brooch: Workshop GripoixBy ChanelLocated in Riverdale, NYAttractive gilt bronze flower brooch by Maison Gripoix for Chanel. Handmade streamers are edged with looped wire to free form the many "petals" of the flower. A dome set with poured ...Category
Vintage 1960s French BroochesMaterials
Brass, Bronze$3,850Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery