Although unsigned this is a piece much illustrated in books of Ken lane from the 1960s Kenneth Jay Lane was born around 1930 in Detroit. He worked as a shoe designer before setting up K.J.L. his continually successful costume jewellery empire in 1963. His patronage by Diana Vreeland at Vogue soon brought him to the attention of royalty and Hollywood alike with the duchess of Winsor being an avid collector and friend, all of smart Manhatten followed suit. His style was bright and eclectic from historical themes to Asian and Art Deco styles there is a great playfulness to his designs. He was particularly famous for his jewelled belts using the best Swarovski crystals. His most distinct pieces come from the days of K.J.L. 1960s until the late 70s. He then used his full name on his signed pieces and started more mass appeal collections for Avon. He continues to this day with his QVC shopping channel, what incredible stamina he must have!
- Of the PeriodAnglo-Indian
- Place of originUnited States
- Date of manufacturecirca 1960s
- ConditionFair. There are a few green beads missing from this necklace but it does not detract from its beauty when worn. There is some slight verdigris to the metal work. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 5.75 in. x W 3.5 in. x D 16 in. x L 16 in.
H 14.61 cm x W 8.89 cm x D 40.64 cm x L 40.64 cm
- Length16 in. (40.64 cm)
- Weight100 g
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFB0080
- Reference numberLU30921501903
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
You May Also Like