Tiffany & Co Schlumberger Pink Tourmaline and Diamond Flower Ring Blue Book 2014
About the Item
- Ring Size:5 US, Not Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:11 g
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:2014
- Seller Location:Sherman Oaks, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: av-12011stDibs: LU117314658253
Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co.
Jewelry designer Jean Schlumberger once said that he strived to “make everything look as if it were growing, uneven, at random, organic, in motion.” His jewels interpreted the vitality of the natural world with lively designs that included a moonstone-topped jellyfish brooch with sapphire tentacles exuding a watery shimmer and a ring encrusted with a burst of diamonds that “bloomed” like a flower bud.
A self-taught jeweler, Schlumberger’s mastery of color as well as his expertise as a draftsman brought his fantastic ideas to life. Born to a leading textile manufacturing family in Alsace, France, Schlumberger took to drawing as a child and showed promise as an artist, but his parents instead sent him to study banking in Berlin in the 1930s. Uninspired, he departed for Paris and began creating buttons for Italian fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli, who also commissioned him for costume jewelry.
One of Schlumberger’s early pieces — a cigarette lighter in the form of a fish whose head opened to reveal the flame — demonstrated his skill for capturing the vivacity of nature in precious metal. The designer’s imaginative jewelry was in contrast to popular geometric lines of Art Deco, an independent vision he affirmed in the extravagant 1941 Trophée de Vaillance brooch created for fashion editor Diana Vreeland. An extravagant confection of diamonds, amethyst, rubies and gold, the brooch featured gemstones adorning an intricate intersection of tiny spears and a breastplate over a glittering shield.
After serving in the French army and the Free French forces during World War II — and surviving the Battle of Dunkirk — Schlumberger left war-torn Europe for New York and in 1946 established a jewelry salon with Nicolas Bongard. There, his vibrant work caught the eye of Tiffany & Co. After joining the American luxury jewelry house in 1956, he soon had his own studio on the mezzanine of Tiffany’s Fifth Avenue store that he accessed by a private elevator. In his workshop, Schlumberger used a rainbow of gemstones, gold and diamonds to create some of the company’s most beguiling designs.
From striking earrings shaped like soaring wings to diamond birds perched on glittering gemstones, each of Schlumberger’s Tiffany designs dazzled. His supporters included Bunny Mellon, whose love for horticulture inspired commissions such as the Jasmine necklace with diamond blossoms flowering from a garland of colored sapphires, and Jacqueline Kennedy, who wore his Croisillon bracelets so often they became known as “Jackie bracelets.” Schlumberger retired from Tiffany in the late 1970s, but decades after his designs were introduced many of his popular pieces remain in production.
On 1stDibs, find an extraordinary range of vintage Jean Schlumberger jewelry designed for Tiffany & Co.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sherman Oaks, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Pomellato 18k Yellow Gold Griffe Pink Tourmaline and Diamond RingBy PomellatoLocated in Sherman Oaks, CADESIGNER: Pomellato RING SIZE: 6 1/2 BAND WIDTH: 6 mm METAL: 18KT Yellow Gold GENDER: Ladies FEATURES: A pink Tourmaline cabochon set within a dome accented by three 18KT yellow gol...Category
1990s Unknown Modernist Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Pink Tourmaline and Diamond 18 Karat White Gold Band RingLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAGorgeous, Heavy 18k White Gold Band Ring Features Three Adjacent Princess Cut Stones (Diamond Accented by Pink Tourmaline) with a Row of Pave-Set Round Brilliant Diamonds on the Top ...Category
Late 20th Century Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, 18k Gold
- 9.00 Carat Indicolite Tourmaline and Diamond 18 Karat White Gold Ladies RingLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAOne electronically tested 18KT white gold ladies cast indicolite tourmaline & diamond ring with a bright finish Condition is good. Ladies 18KT White Gold Indicolite Tourmaline & Diam...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, 18k Gold
- 6.42 Carat Blue Topaz Flower Ring with Diamond Accents in White GoldLocated in Sherman Oaks, CA18 karat white gold setting Ring size = 5 1/2 Piece is in great condition Blue Topaz flower petals accented with Diamonds Total Topaz weight: 6.42 carats Total Diamond weight: 0.44 ...Category
Early 2000s American Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Topaz, 18k Gold
- Cartier Meli Melo Platinum and Diamond and Gemstone RingBy CartierLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAGorgeous & Unique Cartier Ring. The Meli Melo design features variously polished and faceted gemstones bezel-set in 950 platinum. The design incorporates aquamarine, pink tourmaline,...Category
Late 20th Century French Fashion RingsMaterials
Aquamarine, Chalcedony, Diamond, Garnet, Tourmaline, Platinum
- Blue Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald and Diamond 18 Karat Yellow Gold Cocktail RingLocated in Sherman Oaks, CAOne Electronically tested 18k yellow gold ladies cast multi gemstone & diamond ring with a bright finish. Condition Is Very Good. Size 7 Containing: One Half Bezel Set Oval Cab...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Natural Pink Sapphire and Diamond Ring, PT and GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA rare and remarkable ring by Jean Schlumberger, prong-set with a beautiful and fine-quality oval-shaped mixed-cut pink sapphire, accented with round brilliant-cut diamonds set in th...Category
20th Century Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Pink Sapphire, Gold
- Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co. Aquamarine, Diamond and Tsavorite RingBy Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co.Located in Weston, MAJean Schlumberger was known for his masterful combination of color and form. This elegant cocktail ring centers on an icy blue aquamarine nestled between delicate diamond flowers and...Category
20th Century American Cocktail RingsMaterials
Aquamarine, Diamond, Tsavorite, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Blue Book Great Gatsby Onyx and Diamond Ring, 2013By Tiffany & Co.Located in Weston, MAIn 1845 Charles Tiffany introduced the Blue Book, a selection of the American jeweler’s finest offerings and the country’s very first mail-order catalog. The Blue Book subsequently became famous as an annual showcase of the firm’s rarest gemstones and most extraordinary, limited-edition designs. In 2013 Tiffany turned to its extensive archives for the inspiration of The Great Gatsby Collection, a creative collaboration between the jeweler and filmmakers Baz Luhrmann and Catherine Martin to celebrate their adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Jazz Age classic. The Gatsby Collection jewels are based on pieces made by Tiffany in the 1920s, when they were known as one of the leading arbiters of the new Art Deco style. The jewelry captured the optimistic spirit of the time and featured an extravagant blend of bold, geometric forms and sleek lines designed to accent the streamlined clothing of the most stylish women of the day. With her bobbed hair, bare arms, dressed in sparkling diamonds and cascading ropes of pearls, the classic flapper represented a distinctly modern and independent-minded American aesthetic. This glamorous cocktail ring, one of only two produced, centers on a substantial 8-carat cushion-cut black onyx surrounded by a halo of bezel-set diamonds that call to mind bubbles dancing in champagne. The ring is seen throughout the film on Jordan Baker, Fitzgerald’s representation of the era’s “new” woman – chic and athletic, carefree and self-sufficient. The Jazz Age was a time of exuberant creativity and original thought. Its cultural contributions and iconic designs continue to resonate today. It seems only fitting that this quintessential American jewelry house should revisit their own storied legacy to craft the jewels for Fitzgerald’s masterwork of American fiction as he, himself, was a Tiffany customer...Category
2010s American Art Deco Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Onyx, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Diamond RingBy Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co.Located in Naples, FLIndulge in opulence with the Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Diamond Ring—a masterpiece that seamlessly marries luxury and artistry. Crafted in an...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, PlatinumFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Schlumberger Two Leaves Diamond Gold Platinum RingBy Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co.Located in Lambertville, NJPlatinum and 18k gold two leaves ring by Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co, with 0.54ctw G/VS diamonds. Ring size 6.5, top is 16mm wide. Weight - 8.7 grams. Marked: Tiffany & Co, ...Category
20th Century French Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold, Platinum
Recently ViewedView All
These Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co. Earrings Are Just the Right Amount of Bold
Someone wanted to “modernize” the Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co. masterworks, but Mahnaz Collection came to their rescue. Here, the dealer explains precisely why they’re such an extraordinary find.
Tastemaker Bunny Mellon’s Extraordinary Schlumberger Jewels
The philanthropist and heiress was an avid jewelry collector, and her trove of Jean Schlumberger creations embodies the love of nature she shared with the famed designer.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery