- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Salvador DalíSalvador Dali Lithograph Surreal G for Bolaffiarte Limited Edition 1972
- ArtistSalvador Dalí (1904 - 1989, Spanish)
- Creation Yearc1972
- DimensionsHeight: 11.82 in. (30 cm)Width: 9.06 in. (23 cm)
- Movement & Style
- ConditionIn good vintage condition with very minor signs of age from the estate of Renato Magri the Italian Architect and Designer where it was pinnned on the wall with drawing pins (please see photos of corners not distracting, can be hidden when framed).
- Gallery LocationYGOS ST SATURNIN, FR
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU87435847642
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Mimizan, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Salvador Dalí (Artist)
Instantly recognizable by his waxed, upturned mustache, the flamboyant Salvador Dalí (1904–89) is one of modern art’s most distinctive figures. He is also one of the icons of the 20-century avant-garde Surrealist movement, whose dreamlike images, drawn from the depths of the unconscious, he deployed in paintings, sculptures, prints and fashion, as well as in film collaborations with Luis Buñuel and Alfred Hitchcock.
Dalí was born in Figueres, Catalonia, and even as a youngster, displayed the sensitivity, sharp perception and vivid imagination that would later define his artworks. In these, he conjured childhood memories and employed religious symbols and Freudian imagery like staircases, keys and dripping candles to create unexpected, often shocking pieces.
His use of hyperrealism in conveying Surrealist symbols and concepts that subvert accepted notions of reality is epitomized in what is perhaps his most recognizable painting, The Persistence of Memory (1931), in which he depicts the fluidity of time through melting clocks, their forms inspired by Camembert cheese melting in the sun. Dalí’s artistic genius, eccentric personality and eternal quest for fame made him a global celebrity. “Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure,” he once said. “That of being Salvador Dalí.”
- Located in Mimizan, FRCategory
1920s Art DecoMaterials
Engraving, Aquatint, Lithograph$385 Sale Price34% Off
- $385 Sale Price34% Off
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Surrealist
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery