- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Herman Miller Dealer Soft Pad Group Advertising Poster
- CreatorHerman Miller (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 48 in. (121.92 cm)Width: 32 in. (81.28 cm)Depth: .94 in. (2.39 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1960s-1970s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. In great condition with some storage marks to the edge and two slight creases , a few scuffs to the silver ink finish which is typical for this type of item . Ready for your frame shop to mat / frame for display .
- Seller LocationCincinnati, OH
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU925119758882
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$55 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Cincinnati, OH
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
No other business of its kind did more than the Herman Miller Furniture Company to introduce modern design into American homes. Working with legendary designers such as Charles and Ray Eames, George Nelson and Alexander Girard, the Zeeland, Michigan-based firm fostered some of the boldest expressions of what we now call mid-century modern style. In doing so, Herman Miller produced some of the most beautiful, iconic and, one can even say, noblest furniture ever.
Founded in 1923, Herman Miller was originally known for grand historicist bedroom suites: heavily ornamented wood furniture that appealed to a high-minded, wealthier clientele. The company — named for its chief financial backer — began to suffer in the early 1930s as the Great Depression hit, and D.J. De Pree, the company’s CEO, feared bankruptcy. In 1932, aid came in the form of Gilbert Rohde, a self-taught furniture designer who had traveled widely in Europe, absorbing details of the Art Deco movement and other modernist influences. After persuading De Pree that the growing middle-class required smaller, lighter household furnishings, Rohde set a new course for Herman Miller, creating sleek chairs, tables and cabinetry that were the essence of the Streamline Moderne style.
Rohde died suddenly in 1944. The following year, De Pree turned to George Nelson, an architect who had written widely about modern furniture design. Under Nelson’s leadership, Herman Miller would embrace new technologies and materials and audacious biomorphic forms. Some of the pieces the company produced are now emblems of 20th century American design, including the Eames lounge chair and ottoman and Nelson’s Marshmallow sofa and Coconut chair. As you can see on 1stDibs, such instantly recognizable furnishings have become timeless — staples of a modernist décor; striking, offbeat notes in traditional environments.
- By Charles and Ray EamesLocated in Cincinnati, OHA nice sized medium ebony toned dining table with satin black edge having black pedestals attached to cast alumi...Category
Late 20th Century North American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room TablesMaterials
- By Charles and Ray EamesLocated in Cincinnati, OHA satin black round wood coffee table with cast aluminum star base and adjustable plastic foot pads to protect y...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Earl NewmanLocated in Cincinnati, OHA vintage 1967 Dirt Diggers Hopetown motorcycle Grand Prix and International Moto Cross poster by California art...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern PostersMaterials
- Located in Cincinnati, OHA brightly colored vintage Championnat de France Moto - Cross poster also advertising the sponsor BP Energol oil...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern PostersMaterials
- By Andy WarholLocated in Cincinnati, OHA vintage Warhol Kestner-Gesellschaft retrospective German gallery show poster which ran through Oct. 23rd-Dec. ...Category
Late 20th Century German Modern PostersMaterials
- By Gilbert RohdeLocated in Cincinnati, OHA early vanity or small desk with six angled leatherette padded drawers, floating top design and upturned angled...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern VanitiesMaterials
You May Also Like
1990s American Mid-Century Modern Posters
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Prints
Vintage 1960s French Posters
Vintage 1910s Posters
1990s Belgian Mid-Century Modern Posters
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Posters
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Posters
Late 20th Century Belgian Posters
The 16 Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Chairs
You know the designs, now get the stories about to how they came to be.
Herman Miller Got Its Start in the Office, but Its Legacy Is in the Home
The brand that turned Charles and Ray Eames, Isamu Noguchi and George Nelson into mid-century household names is just as relevant today as it was six decades ago.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery