Chanel Grey Wool Scarf
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Escada Mint Pearl Pattern Printed Silk ScarfBy EscadaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Escada mint pearl pattern printed silk scarf. - 100% Silk. - Made in Italy. - 34 inches long each side.Category
1980s Italian Scarves
- Chanel Black Leather In Silver Hardware CC Logo Buckle BeltBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black leather in silver hardware CC logo buckle belt from 1996 collection. - Size length: 70cm. Width: 2.8cmCategory
1990s French Belts
- Charles Jourdan Red Buckle Black Leather BeltBy Charles JourdanLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Charles Jourdan red plastic statement buckle black leather belt. Featuring three black vertical statement sticks on the buckle. - Made in France - Length: 24- 26...Category
1980s French Belts
- Yves Saint Laurent Brown Leather Gold Toned Studs with Gold Heart Charm BeltBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Yves Saint Laurent brown leather with V shape gold-toned studs throughout the belt. - Featuring gold-toned heart shape hardware charm with "Love" and "Yves Saint Laurent"...Category
1980s French Belts
- 1996 Gucci by Tom Ford Classic Black Python Open Toe Lace Up Sandals HeelsBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Gucci by Tom Ford black python open toe sandals heels from Fall 1996 collection. Featuring the classic signature silver buckle and black lace up. Tom Ford really knows how...Category
1990s Italian Shoes
- Hermes Scarf Super Silk Quest Bleu Royal Rose Multicolore 90By HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Super Silk Quest silk twill scarf. Featured in Bleu Royal, Rose and Multicolore colorway. Depicts nights on horseback, dragons and a varied motif of fanta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Scarves
- 1990's Hermes Rare Brown Cashmere Leather ShawlBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CARare and collectible 90s cashmere and leather fringe shawl. 70% cashmere,30% wool. Minor wear . Discontinued item originally price at 4300$.Category
1990s French Scarves
- new PRINGLE OF SCOTLAND 100% cashmere navy blue tassel fringe scarfBy Pringle of ScotlandLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew PRINGLE OF SCOTLAND 100% cashmere navy blue tassel fringe scarf Reference: MAWG/A00076 Brand: Pringle of Scotland Material: Cashmere Color:...Category
2010s Unknown Scarves
- HERMÈS "ECHEC ET MAT TWILLBI" TIE Marine & RougeBy HermèsLocated in London, GBHermès "Echec et Mat Twillbi " Tie in Marine and Rouge Tie in hand-sewn silk (100% Silk) Made in France Width: 7 cmCategory
2010s ScarvesFree Shipping
- Hermes twilly with a charm limited edition La Patisserie Francaise scarfBy HermèsLocated in London, EnglandHERMES La Patisserie Francaise charm 100% silk twilly scarf noir blanc blue black white ladies Brand: Hermes Gender: Women Material: SilkCategory
- Grey & Multicolor Louis Vuitton 'The World Is Yours' Motif Silk ScarfBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYGrey and multicolor 'The World Is Yours' motif print silk scarf by Louis Vuitton. 35" width, 35" length.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Scarves
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.