- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
New Vintage Chopard MC003 Oval 23k Plated Gold 1990 Sunglasses Made in Austria
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$49 Express Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 4-5 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- By MoschinoLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Moschino small oval tortoise & copper frame with brown lenses. Made in Italy. Produced and design...Category
- By MoschinoLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Moschino small oval gold frame with G15 Grey lenses. Made in Italy. Produced and design in 1990's...Category
- By MoschinoLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Moschino medium size round frame. Spotless light blue lenses. Made in Italy. Produced and design ...Category
- By MoschinoLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Moschino medium size oval frame. Spotless blue lenses. Made in Italy. Produced and design in 1990...Category
- By MoschinoLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Moschino medium size round frame. Spotless blue lenses. Made in Italy. Produced and design in 199...Category
- By MoschinoLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandMint rare Vintage Moschino oval with jewell details frame. Grey lenses. The very same model worn by Lady Gaga. ...Category
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Sunglasses
19th Century Sunglasses
20th Century Sunglasses
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery