- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
NEW Christian Dior by John Galliano Deep Cleavage Laceup Silk Dress
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$89 Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Christian Dior (Manufacturer)
Christian Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris. There, the visionary couturier would alter the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess — an expansive collection of which can be found at 1stDibs — Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAmazing dress by Christian Dior Finest chiffon silk Cheetah print One shoulder Hand-embellished Simply slips on ...Category
Early 2000s Cocktail DressesSize: 8$2,699 Sale Price22% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHGORGEOUS CHRISTIAN DIOR MILLEFIORI FLORAL COCKTAIL DRESS A TRUE ICON! A luxurious CHRISTIAN DIOR signatu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail DressesSize: 6$1,299 Sale Price35% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHBreathtaking piece by Christian Dior Boutique Wear it with a corset bodysuit or a slip dress Black crochet knit ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Evening DressesSize: 38 (FRENCH) US 6$899 Sale Price70% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely luxurious and versatile CHRISTIAN DIOR classic signature piece that will last you for years ...Category
2010s Cocktail DressesSize: 8$799 Sale Price55% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAn extremely luxurious and CHRISTIAN DIOR signature piece that will last you for years Gorgeous, couture-like pi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Evening GownsSize: 8$3,499 Sale Price30% Off
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHAmazing bright orange silk kaftan dress by Christian Dior Consisting of two pieces, dress and belt Finest chiffo...Category
2010s KaftansSize: 40$949 Sale Price36% Off