- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Vintage Spring 1995 Ivory Ecru Black Tweed Braided CC 95P Jacket
About the Item
- Dimensions:Bust: 34 in (86.36 cm)Waist: 30 in (76.2 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Jersey City, NJ
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU3222218266192
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Jersey City, NJ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Chanel 11C The Little Black Jacket Cruise 2011 Classic Tweed LBJ BlazerBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJThe most famous and iconic Little Black Jacket from Chanel Cruise 2011 collection. Rare to find, collectible heritage piece. The central feature ...Category
2010s French Blazers
- Rare Chanel Vintage 1980s Karl Black Beige White Pearl X Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJRare collectible little black jacket from Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld in the '80s. This classy boxy LBJ is made of black tweed boucle with beige X cross pattern throughout, white pearl ...Category
1980s French Jackets
- Chanel Vintage Fall 1991 Hip-Hop Black Gold Quilted Leather Moto Biker JacketBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJExtremely rare leather jacket from the Fall 1991 "Hip-Hop collection" -one of the most iconic Chanel shows ever! You can see this adorable oversized mo...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Vintage Fall 2002 Navy Blue Embellished Silver Crystal 02A Top JacketBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJExquisite navy jacket with silver tiara motives from the Chanel Fall 2002 collection. Royal, Haute Couture-like look! This breathtaking jacket has a fi...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Chanel Vintage Fall 1994 Claudia Ecru Black Gold Tweed 94A JacketBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJRare and the most wanted tweed jacket from Chanel Fall 1994 collection by Karl Lagerfeld. As seen on Claudia Schiffer.Such an iconic piece, quintes...Category
1990s European Blazers
- Iconic Chanel Vintage Spring 1995 Cropped Black Patent Leather 95P JacketBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJAn extremely rare runway cropped black jacket from the Chanel Spring 1995 collection. One of the most highly sought-after pieces from the "Barbie...Category
1990s French Cropped Jackets
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld pastel tweed mini dress jacket, ss 1996By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel pastel tweed mini dress jacket ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Silver buttons with coin style engravings ▪ Nipped waist ▪ Silk lining ▪ Wool and nylon blend tweed ▪ Yell...Category
1990s French Jackets
- CHANEL Haute Couture ecru boucle tweed oval pocket nautical 2 piece jacket FR38By ChanelLocated in Hong Kong, NTCHANEL Haute Couture ecru boucle tweed oval pocket nautical 2 piece jacket FR38 Brand: Chanel Designer: Karl Lagerfeld Collection: 1980's Material: Tweed Color: Ecru Pattern: Solid ...Category
1980s French Blazers
- 1990s Runway Documented Chanel Fuchsia Pink Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in London, GBSpring 1991 documented Chanel blazer jacket in fuchsia pink boucle wool and fully lined in soft pink silk with immaculate tailoring. The curved notched lapel falls into a central but...Category
1990s French Box Jackets
- 1960s Chanel Couture Cream Skirt Suit with Lace TrimBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, OntarioA subtle and effortlessly stunning cream tweed Chanel Haute Couture skirt suit from the 1960s. The jacket is collarless with four patch slit pockets and hook and eye closures. The jacket is fully trimmed in ruched lace...Category
1960s French Skirt Suits
- CHANEL white 2019 19C LA PAUSA TERRYCLOTH WIDE LEG Pants 38 SBy ChanelLocated in Zürich, CH100% authentic Chanel 2019 La Pausa terrycloth wide leg pants in white cotton (83%) and polyamide (17%), with an elastic waistband in black and gold polyester (70%), latex (25%) and polyamide (5%). Feature two 'CC' buttoned patch pockets on the front. Open with a concealed zipper and a hook on the side. Unlined. Have been worn once and are in virtually new condition. Measurements Model Chanel19C...Category
- Vintage 1930 Chanel Haute Couture Documented Velvet Scarf-Neck Sculpted CapeBy ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAChanel is known to be one of the most luxurious and decadent fashion houses in the world. This breathtaking and ultra rare documented evening cape from her 1930-31 collection is a perfect example of why this couture brand has stood the test of time. Chanel from this era is extremely hard to find and the only similar garment we found is held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art of New York. Not only is this cape incredibly elegant; it is so versatile and timeless. I adore the luxurious two-tone brown and caramel panne velvet. Closes in a gorgeous scarf-neck design complete with stunning sculpted round shoulder line work. A beautiful museum quality Chanel show...Category
1930s French Capes
- Chanel Black & Ivory Tweed Jacket 38 FrBy ChanelLocated in Sydney, New South WalesChanel Black & Ivory Tweed Jacket Brand: Chanel Product: Black & Ivory Tweed Jacket Size: 38 Fr Colour: Black & Ivory Material: Tweed: 45% Acrylic, 25% Cotton, 10% Nylon,...Category
2010s Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel Haute Couture Cream Boucle Jacket and SkirtBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, OntarioThe most classic Chanel suit ever. Clean lines, white boucle and black piping on the jacket and skirt. Couture label, no buttons, in excellent c...Category
1970s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld brown wool and gold silk lurex 3-piece suit, fw 1996By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel 3-piece pantsuit ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Evening coat in brown and cream wool ▪ Gold silk lurex collar and turn-up cuffs ▪ Gold and glass stone buttons by Gripoix ...Category
1990s French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Chanel Fall 1998 brown & white tweed wool long pleated maxi jacket dress coatBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRChanel Fall 1998 by Karl Lagerfeld Full length brown, beige and white tweed coat in wool Pleated design Detachable rope belt with brass tone caps to each end engraved with the Chan...Category
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished Black/Gold JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA jacket straight off the Runway as this is a rare and coveted find! This jacket is simply immaculate! Not only is this beautifully embellished, printed, and embroidered, but has a great stretch making it a super easy runway piece to fit into your wardrobe. Everyone will be in awe over this coat. This long jacket has a black base with a great gold and baby pink print, accompanied by black, pink, and gold sequins. What really makes this jacket pop is the vibrant gold embroidering that is paired with baby pink beading shaped into flowers on every edge of the jacket . Make sure you zoom in and take in all the details so you won't miss anything. Pair this statement jacket with a Hermés blouse...Category
2010s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel Creations 1980's Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA true Chanel Collectors vintage piece straight from the 1980's! This beige color is perfect for everyday wear and will match every color in your closet. This jacket features a beige and white woven tweed, two front pockets, four beautifully detailed gold lion buttons lining the front and six more on the cuffs, and a chain on the interior hem. Pair with your everyday Chanel earrings and a pair of Celine...Category
1980s French Blazers
- Chanel 1991 Pink Wool and Denim Skirt SetBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZTweed and denim is a pair you didn't know you needed! From Chanel's 2001 fall/winter collection this is a skirt and blazer set from the iconic Chanel featuring a mid-length, beautifu...Category
1990s French Blazers
- Chanel 1980's Rare Reversible Skirt SetBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZFeel cool and collected with this 80's era Chanel skirt set! This two-in-one ensemble is completely reversible for a whole new look making this Cha...Category
1980s Italian Skirt Suits
- Chanel Wool Beige Tweed Long CoatBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis highly-tailored Chanel dream will leave you feeling your best! If you are not one who likes to be swallowed by your winter-wear, this is the perfect coat for you! Vintage from t...Category
Early 2000s French Coats and Outerwear
- Vintage 1991 CHANEL Blue Sequin Scuba JacketBy Chanel Boutique, ChanelLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1991 CHANEL Blue Sequin Scuba Jacket From 1991 Collection, VOGUE cover. Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 14.96 inches (38 cm) Sleeves: 23.22 inches (59 cm) Bust: 16.14 inches (41 cm) Waist: 14.96 inches (38 cm) Length: 25.98 inches (66 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic CHANEL. - Iconic Chanel Scuba...Category
1990s French Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery