- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Moschino Vintage 1990s Red + Black Color Block Jacket
- DimensionsLength: 19 in. (48.26 cm)Marked Size: I 44/ US 10/ GB 12 Medium (US)Bust: 38 in. (96.52 cm)Waist: 38 in. (96.52 cm)
- StyleGianni Versace (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Material NotesCheap and Chic by Moschino, Iconic, Red, Black, Jacket, Cartoon, Color Block, Blocking, Velcro, 1990s, 90s, Runway, Italy, Italian Fashion Designer, Unique, Vintage, Authentic, Pre-owned, Used
- Seller LocationSparks, NV
- Reference NumberSeller: 1D-14701stDibs: LU386945472
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Sparks, NV
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- Moschino Leather Vintage Metallic Gold Color Block Motorcycle Jacket, 1990sBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVSoft buttery leather color block motorcycle jacket by Moschino in like new condition. This looks unworn! Amazing C&C (Cheap & Chic) stitched waistband and iconic heart buckle. This j...Category
1990s Bomber Jackets
- Moschino Vintage "Full Nature Jacket" Skirt Suit with Carved Animal ButtonsBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVRare Moschino Cheap & Chic "Nature Friendly Garment" label! This skirt and jacket ensemble features carved animal novelty buttons and a faded graphic across the back of the jacket wh...Category
1990s Skirt Suits$995 Sale Price20% Off
- Moschino Vintage 90s Black Blazer Jacket with Novelty "Thimble" ButtonsBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVDouble breasted blazer jacket with unique novelty buttons shaped like sewing thimbles. By Moschino. Details: Fully Lined Front Pockets Shoulder Pads Sewn Into Lining Front B...Category
- Moschino Vintage Quilted Denim Biker Jacket with Bottle Cap AppliquesBy MoschinoLocated in Sparks, NVVintage quilted denim biker jacket by Moschino jeans with bottle cap appliques. Details: Fully Lined Front Pockets Shoulder Pads Sewn Into Lining Front Metal Zip Closure M...Category
1990s Jackets$675 Sale Price20% Off
- Moschino Couture! Vintage 1990s 90s Cream Blazer or Suit JacketBy Moschino, Moschino CoutureLocated in Sparks, NVGorgeous cream jacket with unique buttons and front pockets. By Moschino Couture! Details: Fully Lined Front Pockets Shoulder Pads Sewn Into Lining Front Button Closure/ Bu...Category
Late 20th Century Cropped Jackets
- Iconic Moschino Vintage 1990s 90s "Love Charts + Graphs" Valentines Red DressBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Sparks, NVReduced from $850. Iconic vintage Moschino red dress with embroidered love charts and graphs. The dress features numbers along the bottom and the lower graph forms the shape of a hea...Category
1990s Sheath Dresses
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Coats and Outerwear
1980s Anoraks and Parkas
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery