Transparent plastic jacket with grey Moschino embroidery
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 23.63 in (60 cm)Bust: 33.08 in (84 cm)Waist: 29.14 in (74 cm)Hip: 39.38 in (100 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 19.69 in (50 cm)
- Material Notes:100% PVC
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR
- Reference Number:Seller: A51461stDibs: LU2170211692332
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Brown boiled wool jacket with zip Chanel Boutique "Identification"By Chanel BoutiqueLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBrown boiled wool jacket with zip. No lining. Metallic chain inside the jacket in the bottom. Split in the bottom of the sleeve, lenght= 6 cm SIZE SCategory
Early 2000s French Single-Breasted Jackets
- Grey tweed jacket with mother of pearls beads on the edge ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRGrey tweed jacket with mother of pearls beads on the edge. Cotton lining. Shoulder pads. Metallic chain in the inside bottom edge. SIZE 42 (L)Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Grey wrinkled edge to edge jacket with branded buttons ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRGrey wrinkled jacket with branded buttons. Lining in the same fabric. Shoulders pad. Metallic chain in the inside bottom edge. SIZE 40 (M)Category
2010s French Dinner Jackets
- Grey silk and cotton tweed jacket with clover buttons ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRGrey silk and cotton tweed jacket with clover buttons. Silk branded lining. Pockets. metallic chain in the inside bottom edge. SIZE 40 (M)Category
Early 2000s French Single-Breasted Jackets
- Pink and grey tweed edge to edge jacket with striped silk lining ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRPink and grey tweed edge to edge jacket with striped silk lining. Metallic chain in the inside edge of the jacket. Small shoulder pad. Hook&eye to close the jacket in the middle fro...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- 1980's Escada Couture Gold Sequins JacketBy EscadaLocated in Amsterdam, NLRare Escada Couture gold/silver /black/bronze fully sequins ladies evening/party jacket. We offer more exclusive items, view our frontstore. Details: ...Category
20th Century German Dinner Jackets
- Sophie of Saks Sophie Gimbel Grey 1960s Skirt Suit in Grey and White Fuzzy WeaveBy Sophie GimbelLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1960s Sophie of Saks skirt suit in a super textured grey and white weave. Textured brassy colored metal buttons. Side zip and hook and loop clos...Category
1960s Unknown Skirt Suits
- Alexander McQueen New Grey and Pink Striped Jacket F/W 1999By Alexander McQueenLocated in Water Mill, NYA grey and pink gradated striped wool jacket by Alexander McQueen. It is double breasted with grey buttons at front and 3 at each cuff. There is light shoulder padding, flap pocket...Category
1990s Italian Double-Breasted Jackets
- S/S 2004 Vintage Runway Tom Ford for Gucci Dove Grey Silk JacketBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXS/S 2004 Vintage Runway Tom Ford for Gucci Dove Grey Silk Jacket IT Size 44 90% Silk, 10% Spandex New, in immaculate condition with tags attached.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
- Chanel Light Blue Jacquard Zip-Up Track Jacket MBy ChanelLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2How fabulous does this Chanel jacket look! It is made of fine materials and features long sleeves. Pair it with pants and sneakers for a cool look.Category
2010s French Jackets
- Louis Vuitton Grey Windbreaker Spring Jacket 61lz715sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CA36929 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 21" Width: .2" Height: 29" OVERALL EXCELLENT CONDITION ( 9/10 or A ) Shoulders: 18" Pit to Pit: 21" Sleeve ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
Recently ViewedView All
You Saw It at the Met Ball. Here’s What Camp Fashion Is Really About
This year's Costume Institute exhibition is all about embracing the eccentric.
Carrie Bradshaw Would Approve of This Pierpaolo Piccioli for Moncler Puffer Ball Gown
An ensemble appropriate for the Met Gala or trudging through a blizzard? This is it.