Vintage Fall 1994 Chanel Red Boucle Wool Jacket
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Christian Lacroix Red with Yellow Ruffle Sunflower Double Breasted BlazerBy Christian LacroixLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 1994 spring Christian Lacroix red double-breasted blazer. It is a rare and collectible item. - Featuring a yellow ruffle sunflower on the right lapel and three at the bac...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Chanel Red Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel red wool jacket from 1995 A/W collection. - Two front flap pockets with gold toned "CC" buttons closure. - Two side open pockets. - Five front gold toned "CC" ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Moschino Couture Red and Orange Wool Cropped Ruffle JacketBy MoschinoLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Moschino Couture red and orange wool cropped ruffle jacket. This beautiful jacket is double layered on the front and the cuff. The colour is vivid and the ruffle makes ...Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- Gianni Versace Jeans Couture Red Cotton Collar VestBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Gianni Versace Jeans Couture red cotton vest. - Pointy collar embedded with gold toned hardware studs. - Gold toned hardware snap buttons closure. - Two front fla...Category
1990s Italian Vests
- Limi Feu Grey Knitted Wool Bolero Cardigan with Silver PinBy Limi FeuLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Limi Feu grey knitted wool bolero cardigan. - Featuring a silver pin fastening. - Light tweed fabric with some silver metallic wire. - The designer father is Yohji Yamamoto. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Bolero Jackets
- Vintage Fall 1997 Chanel Grey Wool Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel grey wool double breasted jacket from 1997 A/W collection. - Round collar. - Two front open pockets. - Silver toned "CC" button and three "Chanel Paris" butto...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Pierre Balmain Paris red rose light wool jacketBy Pierre BalmainLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis Balmain jacket is made from wool has 3 closing buttons and 2 pockets. Size is mentioned French 44 but fits as US 10 or EU 40 See section measurements. Please note that vintage ...Category
20th Century French Vests
- Embroidered Beaded Red Leather Bolero JacketLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis is an unique vintage red leather bolero jacket. We offer more exclusive items, view our frontstore. Details: Flower open embroidery leather fron...Category
20th Century Unknown Bolero Jackets
- Gucci SS 2015 sartorial jacketBy GucciLocated in Carnate, ITGucci red and blue sailor sartorial jacket. From Spring-Summer 2015 menswear fashion show, by Frida Giannini. Look 15. The fabric is a mix between cotton, polyamide and elastane. Fea...Category
2010s Italian Double-Breasted Jackets
- Yves Saint Laurent 1990s Silk Jacket in Red, Green, Blue and Yellow StripeBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in San Francisco, CAYves Saint Laurent vintage Rive Gauche silk short jacket in red with yellow, green, blue and white stripes. Open front style. Slightly cropped with a puffed sleeve at shoulder (produ...Category
1990s French Cropped Jackets
- Pierre Cardin vintage 1993 scalloped-edge red wool mix jacketBy Pierre Cardin Paris, Pierre CardinLocated in Antwerp, BEPierre Cardin scalloped-edge red wool mix jacket from the designer’s spring/summer 1993 couture show in Paris. French size 40 Measurements that are taken flat: Sh to Sh 18inch/46cm ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- STUSSY x DSM x CDG Size S Peach Graphic Cotton Hooded SweatshirtLocated in San Francisco, CASTUSSY x CDG x DSM sweatshirt comes in a peach cotton featuring a hooded style, front pocket, graphic details, and a full zip up closure. Good Pre-Owned Condition. Light discolorat...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.