- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Fall 1994 Chanel Red Boucle Wool Jacket
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Red Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel red wool jacket from 1995 A/W collection. - Two front flap pockets with gold toned "CC" buttons closure. - Two side open pockets. - Five front gold toned "CC" ...Category
1990s French Jackets$4,285
- 97 Chanel Black Boucle Wool Double Breasted with Mother of Pearl Buttons JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black boucle wool double breasted with mother of pearl buttons jacket from pre1997 collection. After 20 years, this jacket still look amazing and not outdated! The j...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Chanel White and Pink Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel white and pink tweed jacket from 1997 pre-collection. - Featuring four front pockets, front, and cuff with pink gold-toned "CC" buttons closure. - SIze 42. - 4...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,550Free Shipping
- Vintage Spring 1998 Chanel Pink/White Tweed SuitBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel pink/white tweed suit from spring 1998. - Gold hardware “CC” buttons closure. - Four front pockets. - Boxy straight cut. - Silk “CC” lining with gold chain. ...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Unworn Vintage Fall 1998 Chanel Dark Navy Boucle Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel dark navy boucle wool jacket from 1998 A/W collection. - Two front "CC" buttons flap and two side open pockets in front. - "Chanel Paris" button and one "CC" but...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Unworn And Unique Chanel Green Wool Gripoix Jacket from Fall 1996By ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel green wool mandarin collar jacket from fall 1996 collection. Still look fresh and great after twenty years! - Featuring eleven gripoix front buttons closing and three gr...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,355Free Shipping
- Chanel Red Boutique Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYProduct Details: Vintage red wool jacket by Chanel Boutique. V-neck. Four pockets. Gold-tone button closures at center front. 44" bust, 19" shoulder width, 23" sleeve length, 28" len...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets$1,036 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel Pink & Purple Knitted 3/4 Coat with Belt - 38 - Circa 2000By ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLChanel Pink & Purple Knitted 3/4 Coat with Belt - 38 - Circa 2000. This coat is in excellent condition with a checkered like print and has 2 front pockets and 2 side pockets. It also...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Single-Breasted Jackets
- Chanel Hot Pink Orange Gold Metallic Thread Cropped Jacket 2001CBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChanel hot pink, orange and gold metallic thread cropped jacket 2001C. Jewel neck jacket closes at the front with pink acrylic signed in gold Chanel buttons. Hip bone length with lon...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cropped Jackets
- CHANEL Red Tweed 'CHANEL' Black Logo Blazer JacketBy ChanelLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition From 1994 Collection 90% Wool Size 40 100% Authenticity GuaranteedCategory
Late 20th Century Jackets$22,660 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Chanel Boucle Elongated Jacket with Beaded TrimBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYA classic Lagerfeld take on a classic from Fall Winter 1992-93. Red wool boucle trimmed in a 3D mix of bugle beads and sequins in the same tones. The jacket has been elongated to be ...Category
1990s French Blazers
- Chanel 00A Jacket Red Camel w/ Sequined Scarf Diamante CC Buttons 42 / 8By ChanelLocated in Miami, FLGuaranteed authentic Chanel 00A sensational jacket and marching scarf that can be worn as a myriad of different looks. Brick toned red and camel with intricate design and texture to ...Category
Early 2000s French Single-Breasted Jackets