- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Silk burgundy shirt Chanel Haute-Couture
About the Item
- Dimensions:Width: 14.18 in (36 cm)Length: 25.6 in (65 cm)Marked Size: 38 (M) (EU)Bust: 36.23 in (92 cm)Waist: 34.65 in (88 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 25.6 in (65 cm)
- Style:Circa 1950 (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin:France
- Material Notes:Silk burgundy shirt with top-stitched pleats on the front. Very thin silk pad under the armpit ( to avoid perspiration marks)
- Seller Location:Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR
- Reference Number:Seller: 4897 1stDibs: LU2170215287922
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, France
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Black silk organza tunique with ruffles on a wool jersey base ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack silk organza tunique with ruffles on a wool jersey base. SIZE: 36 (Fr)Category
2010s French Blouses and Tops
- Black silk top with zip in the front and quilted top-stitched strips ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack silk top with zip in the front and quilted top-stitched strips. SIZE 42(It) 38 (Fr) MCategory
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Pale pink silk shirt with silk appliqué on the button tab and cuff ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRPale pink silk shirt with silk appliqué on the button tab and cuff . Gold metal branded button. "Claudine"'s collar with silk piping. SIZE XLCategory
Early 2000s French Blouses and Tops
- Off-white silk plastron shirt with branded mother-of-shell buttons ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FROff-white silk plastron shirt with branded mother-of-shell buttons. Mother-of-pearls cufflinks. Cuff lenght= 7 cm. Striped woven silk. SIZE XLCategory
Early 2000s French Chemises
- Brown rayon knit top ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBrown rayon knit top. Small mother of pearls branded brooch in the front on the waist and bow. SIZE 42 It/ 38 Fr/ M UsCategory
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Silk jacquard shirt with bow-tie collar Chanel CoutureBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRSilk jacquard shirt with bow-tie collar. Silk chiffon lining. Snap on the wrist which need to be close with cufflinks. Size 38 (M)Category
1970s French Blouses and Tops
- 1970's Chanel Haute Couture Bouclé Coat/DressBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, OntarioSuperb raspberry wool bouclé Chanel haute couture coat dress from the mid 1970's. Single breasted classic silhouette with 2 patch pockets on the upper bodice and 2 hip pockets with ...Category
1970s French Topcoats
- Chanel Haute Couture ivory lace wedding dress, c. 1960sBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Haute Couture ivory lace wedding dress with corseted bodice, cap sleeves, trained skirt and silk lining. c. 1960sCategory
1960s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Gabrielle Chanel Haute Couture Three Piece Skirt Suit, Spring-Summer 1973By ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHA refined classic skirt suit, labelled and numbered n° 48765 and n° 48767. This timeless piece of Chanel haute couture is composed of a jacket, a skirt and a blouse. The blouse is ma...Category
1970s French Skirt Suits
- 1980s Chanel Haute Couture Cream Pant SuitBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, OntarioIncredible Chanel Haute Couture cream wool pantsuit from the early 1980s. Collarless jacket with faux flap pockets. Lovely round gold tone metal buttons with a twisted edge detail. C...Category
1980s French Trouser Pant Suits
- Azzedine Alaia Black Knit Acetate Trained Gown, 1986By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Studio City, CA1986 F/W Azzedine Alaia black acetate knit floor-length evening gown with stand collar, vertical gathers at the bust that create a unique shoulder detail and an open back in the shap...Category
1980s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- 2007 Chanel Red Silk Victorian Style Long Sleeves ShirtBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel red silk long sleeve victorian style long sleeves shirt from 2007 A/W collection. - Two silk layers. - Top three buttons closure. - Thirteen buttons closure on the sle...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shirts
- A Chanel Blouse in Printed Silk Numbered 46641 Circa 1970By ChanelLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1971 France Rare Chanel Haute Couture short blouse in printed silk, probably dating from the end of the Gabrielle Chanel period who died in 1971. Superb silk pekin alternating...Category
1970s French Blouses and Tops$1,277Free Shipping
- Chanel Orange 1995 Cropped Cardigan TopBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 1995 Chanel orange cropped cardigan top. - “CC” buttons closure. - 100% cotton. - Size 44.Category
1990s French Crop Tops$5,440 Sale Price20% Off
- New Chanel Monogram CC Logo Cutout Crop TopBy ChanelLocated in Fort Myers, FLNew Chanel Cruise 2019 Runway Monogram CC Logo Cutout Crop Top FR 34Category
2010s Tank Tops
- Chanel F/W 2005 Logo Monogram TopBy ChanelLocated in Fort Myers, FLChanel F/W 2005 Logo Monogram Top FR 36 Chanel tank top with monogram pattern throughout, tie accent at front and narrow strapsCategory
Early 2000s Tank Tops
- Vintage CHANEL Yellow Cashmere Knit Top, Size 42By ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Featuring pastel yellow 100% cashmere sleeveless and knit top with crew neck line designed by Chanel.Category
Late 20th Century French Sweaters
- Vigo Magistretti for Cassina Sofa in Dark Grey UpholsteryBy Vico Magistretti, CassinaLocated in Waalwijk, NLVico Magistretti for Cassina, two-seater sofa, model 'Veranda', fabric, aluminum, Italy, 1983. Beautiful esthetically balanced two-seater sofa designed by Vico Magistretti for Cas...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern SofasMaterials
- Hermes Rare Special Order 35cm Harlequin BirkinBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CAHermes rare harlequin Birkin. 35cm. Constructed with clemence leather in six colors (ultra violet, etain, bleu lin, bleu obscur, etoupe, gold) and palladium hardware. Handle drop, 4....Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Italian post modern linen aluminum Celestia chandelier, Tobia Scarpa, Flos 1982By Tobia Scarpa, FlosLocated in MIlano, ITItalian post modern white linen fabric and aluminum 1130 Celestia chandelier by Tobia Scarpa for Flos, Italy 1982. Chandelier mod. 1130 Celestia with suspended diffuser in white line...Category
Vintage 1980s Post-Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Cartier 18K Two-Tone Gold BangleBy CartierLocated in Houston, TXCartier bangle bracelet in 18K white and yellow gold. This bracelet is marked "Cartier 707194". The inside diameter of the round bangle is 2 3/8 inches and it is 1/4 inch wide. Sl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French BanglesMaterials
18k Gold, Gold$4,950Free Shipping
- Warren Platner for Knoll Mid-Century Dining ChairBy Knoll, Warren PlatnerLocated in Countryside, ILWarren Platner for Knoll mid-century dining chair. This chair measures: 27.25 wide x 21 deep x 29 inches high, with a seat height of 18 and arm height/chair clearance of 25 inches...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery