- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Signature Cashmere Sequin CC Logo Button Cardigan Jacket Top Twin Set
- DimensionsMarked Size: 40 (EU)
- Place of OriginFrance
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Beautiful condition, no signs of wear Retail value 6599$.
- Seller LocationSwitzerland, CH
- Reference NumberSeller: CHATWSTPPLM401stDibs: LU416310581292
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$79 Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By Christian DiorLocated in Switzerland, CHA rare piece - you won't find anyone wearing the same! Gorgeous twin set by Christian Dior A stunning ensemble c...Category
Early 2000s Twin SetsSize: 36$869 Sale Price42% Off
- By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHClassic Chanel knit top pullover Simply slips on Sleeveless Beautiful soft pink color Ruched det...Category
2010s PulloversSize: 40$899 Sale Price59% Off
- By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful monochrome Chanel cashmere knit cardigan With CC logo intarsia all over Stunning embellishments and pe...Category
21st Century and Contemporary CardigansSize: 42$999 Sale Price64% Off
- By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHA stunning white Chanel blouse top Beautiful finest quality crochet knit A true Chanel signature piece in the f...Category
2010s Blouses and TopsSize: 42$499 Sale Price72% Off
- By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Chanel cashmere cardigan In monochrome color With CC logo print CC logo buttons Perfect for a chalet w...Category
Early 2000s CardigansSize: 38$1,399 Sale Price30% Off
- By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHAmazing CHANEL jacket Made of exquisite tweed fabric produced by Maison Lesage for Chanel The jacket has cropped...Category
2010s Dress and Coat EnsemblesSize: 36$2,349 Sale Price21% Off
You May Also Like
1980s Skirt Suits
21st Century and Contemporary Cardigans
21st Century and Contemporary Twin Sets
1970s Twin Sets
1980s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
1970s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
1960s Skirt Suits
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery