Chanel Vintage S/S 1995 Barbie Cropped White Blue Black 95P Jacket Skirt Suit
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: FR40 (EU)Bust: 34 in (86.36 cm)Waist: 25 in (63.5 cm)Hip: 36 in (91.44 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Altered (not by designer).
- Seller Location:Jersey City, NJ
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU3222219277282
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Jersey City, NJ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Zuhair Murad Black Lace Embellished JumpsuitBy Zuhair MuradLocated in Jersey City, NJThe Zuhair Murad black lace embellished jumpsuit is perfect for any formal event, making a bold yet sophisticated statement with its sheer lace bodice decorated with embellishments. It's no wonder this piece is the choice of fashionistas and Hollywood A-listers alike - from the Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner...Category
2010s Lebanese Jumpsuits
- Chanel Vintage Cruise 2003 Black White Sequin Tweed 03C Jacket Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJThis black and white fantasy tweed suit is a timeless piece from the 2003 Cruise Collection, worn by fashion icons Anna Wintour, Linda Evangelista and Carmen Lomana. The collarless, ...Category
Early 2000s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Fall/Winter 2009 Black White Claudine Collar Tweed 09A Jacket Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJThis timeless and sophisticated suit from Chanel Fall/Winter 2009 collection is the ultimate classic. The black jacket features a detachable white Claudine collar and is adorned with...Category
Early 2000s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Pre-Fall 2017 Metiers D'Art Ritz 17A Ecru Cream Jacket Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJThe most wanted ecru skirt suit from Chanel 2017 Metiers D'Art Paris Cosmopolite collection in Ritz hotel. Metiers D'Art collections are the highest level of craftsmanship in RTW bef...Category
2010s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Vintage Haute Couture 1970s Red Blue Gold Lion Jacket Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJOne-of-a-kind Chanel Haute Couture suit. Circa 1970s. Tailored in a lightweight wool and silk blend with red silk collar and signature gold l...Category
1970s French Skirt Suits
- Rare Chanel Vintage Cruise 1993 Bubblegum Pink Gold 93C Tweed Jacket Skirt SuitBy ChanelLocated in Jersey City, NJDiscover the allure of the rare Chanel skirt suit from the Cruise 1993 collection – a sophisticated and hard-to-find ensemble that exudes timeless elegance. This striking suit has gr...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Moschino Black Wool Crepe Suit Silver ChainsBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino black wool crepe suit silver chains Stand out wearing this black crepe suite with silver chain details all around! Very BOSS LADY! Wool Blend. Size...Category
2010s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Vintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Junior Black Boxer Overall Mesh JumpsuitBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Junior Black Boxer Overall Mesh Jumpsuit Measurements, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 14.56 inches (37 cm) Sleeves: 7.48 inches (19 cm) Bus...Category
1990s French Jumpsuits
- Vintage DOLCE & GABBANA Ruffles Jacket Skirt Suit EnsembleBy D&G by DOLCE & GABBANALocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage DOLCE & GABBANA Ruffles Jacket Skirt Suit Ensemble Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: JACKET Shoulder: 14.96 inches (38 cm) Sleeves: 23.62 inc...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- Vintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC Fun Figural Stitch Jacket Skirt Ensemble SuitBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC Fun Figural Stitch Jacket Skirt Ensemble Suit Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: BLAZER/ JACKET Shoulder: 16 4/8 inche...Category
1990s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Vintage Iconic THIERRY MUGLER Silver Metal Hooks Futuristic Red Dress SuitBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage Iconic THIERRY MUGLER Silver Metal Hooks Futuristic Red Dress Suit Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 1...Category
20th Century French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Vintage THIERRY MUGLER Jeweled Coral Button Orange Jacket Skirt SuitBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage THIERRY MUGLER Jeweled Coral Button Orange Jacket Skirt Suit Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips : JACKET/ BLAZER ...Category
20th Century French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
Recently ViewedView More
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery