- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tom Ford for Gucci S/S 2003 Embroidered Limited Edition Clutch
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Montgomery, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
No one understands sex appeal quite like American designer Tom Ford.
An avowed perfectionist from an early age, Ford was rearranging furniture at the age of six and offering his mother advice on her hair and shoes. The designer, author, film director and chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) is one of the most successful people working in fashion today.
Born in Austin, Texas, Ford grew up in the suburbs of Houston and Santa Fe, New Mexico. He briefly attended New York University, where he studied art history before dropping out to pursue acting. He became a regular at Studio 54, with its decadent nightlife later informing his high-octane fashion. He studied architecture at Parsons School of Design before shifting his focus to fashion and spending time at the Parsons Paris campus, graduating in 1985. The rest of the decade he worked for designers Perry Ellis and Cathy Hardwick. In 1990, Gucci’s creative director Dawn Mello hired him as a womens-wear designer.
At the time, the Italian label was better known for leather goods than luxury fashion. It was also nearly bankrupt. After Mello left in 1994, following a Bahrain-based investment group becoming Gucci’s majority shareholder, Ford was named creative director. He soon infused the brand with a fresh sensuality and bold style. His fall 1995 show, in which Kate Moss walked down the runway in an unbuttoned satin shirt, velvet hip-huggers and tousled hair, heralded an exciting, glammed-up era for the once fusty brand. Vogue critic Sarah Mower called it “one of those hitting-in-the-solar-plexus moments.”
As Ford shot to fame, he continued to explore plunging necklines, such as in the black and white looks of the Fall 1996 collection, and sumptuous fabrics like leather and tweed, with the Fall 2000 ready-to-wear collection ranging from sultry silk evening dresses to plush belted coats. He also cranked up the seduction in the provocative ads for the fashion house, particularly with regard to campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, which Gucci acquired in 1999 (Ford was also named creative director for YSL and designed the brand’s ready-to-wear collection). Gucci's Fall/Winter 1997 campaign featured Carolyn Murphy grasping Angela Lindvall in what looked like a video still; in another shot, a face pressed against a foot in a lipstick-red heel. Each promoted a vision of modern fashion where women were sexually confident, the materials were luxurious and the styles were fearless.
In 2004, Ford and Gucci president Domenico De Sole left the company after failing to agree on the renewal of their contracts. In 2006, with De Sole as chairman, Ford launched his wildly successful eponymous menswear label. The brand has expanded into womens wear, beauty, accessories — vintage Tom Ford handbags are universally adored by celebrities and collectors alike — as well as eyewear and fragrance, with the unisex Black Orchid introduced in 2006. Ford broke into film directing with the critically acclaimed A Single Man in 2009 and Nocturnal Animals in 2016, continuing to blur the boundaries between fashion and culture.
- Rare Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2002 Runway Brown Ring Leather ClutchBy Tom Ford, Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Montgomery, TXVery Rare dark brown leather Clutch with brass hardware designed by Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent dating to Spring of 2002. Measurements: L - 14 inches, H - 4 inches. N 95928-00092...Category
Early 2000s Italian Clutches
- New $1190 Tom Ford Alix Suede Nude/Gold Studded Pouch Clutch Bag with LockBy Tom FordLocated in Montgomery, TXNew Tom Ford Suede Studded Pouch with Gold tone Galvanized Hardware Nude Color, Gold tone Metal Studs, Zipper Closure with Lock, Snap Closure at Back. Measurements: W - 8 inches, H -...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Tom Ford for Gucci Mink Box Gold Removable Chain Leather Clutch Mini BagBy GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXA small but attention-grabbing plum color mink box clutch with gold leather interior and a removal gold chain is the perfect accessory to an evening outing. The mink fur adds eleganc...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Tom Ford for Gucci 2003 Collection Cut Out Open Back Studded Dress It. 42 - US 6By Gucci, Tom FordLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Gucci Rare Cut Out Studded Cocktail Dress Italian Size 42 - US 6 2003 Collection Super Sexy Black Studded Open Back Stretch Dress Gold Tone Metal Hardware Side Zipper Cl...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Tom Ford for Gucci 2003 Collection Cut Out Open Back Studded Dress It. 42 - US 6By Gucci, Tom FordLocated in Montgomery, TXRare Tom Ford for Gucci Rare Cut Out Studded Cocktail Dress Italian Size 42 - US 6 2003 Collection Super Sexy Black Studded Open Back Stretch Dress Gold Tone Metal Hardware Side Zipp...Category
Early 2000s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- TOM FORD for GUCCI F/W Runway 2003 Brown Super Soft Leather Jacket It 44 - US 8By Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXTOM FORD for GUCCI Leather Brown Jacket F/W 2003 Runway Collection Designer size 44 - US 8 100% Genuine Leather, Color – Brown. Pleated Details, Long Sleeves with Tab Brass Sli...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- S/S 2003 Gucci by Tom Ford Cherry Blossom Kimono Embroidered Silk Mini Frame BagBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a stunning cherry blossom flower embroidered silk Gucci mini frame bag, designed by Tom Ford. This bag from the Spring/Summer 2003 collection prominently featur...Category
Early 2000s Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières$1,871 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford Grey Suede Dionysus Tiger Crossbody with Gold ChainBy Gucci, Tom FordLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a shiny suede Gucci crossbody, designed by Tom Ford. This bag is constructed primarily of off-white suede but is finished with black leather and gold hardware. ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags$1,046 Sale Price25% Off
- F/W 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford Gold Leather Dionysus Clutch Crossbody Shoulder BagBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a gold-covered multi-style Gucci envelope bag, designed by Tom Ford. Constructed entirely of gold-colored leather and finished with gold accents, this bag is an...Category
Early 2000s Italian Clutches$1,721 Sale Price25% Off
- COLLECTIBLE TOM FORD for GUCCI EMBELLISHED GOLD CLUTCH BAGBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXHIGHLY COLLECTIBLE GUCCI CLUTCH CREATED BY TOM FORD Fully beaded GG monogramm Gold Bamboo shaped handle Tonal leather lining Single slit pocket at interior wall Push-lock ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Clutches
- S/S 2000 VINTAGE TOM FORD for GUCCI BEADED EVENING CLUTCH BAGBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXTOM FORD for GUCCI Fully beaded clutch bag from Gucci Spring/Summer 2000 collection Python print Silver metal strap. Measurements: 9" x 6" Excellent conditionCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Clutches$3,000 Sale Price20% Off
- Tom Ford Yves Saint Laurent FW 2001 ClutchBy Tom Ford, Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Scottsdale, AZScore yourself some incredible Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent with our clutch from the Fall/Winter 2001 collection! Long rectangular black leather clutch with silver grommet details...Category
Early 2000s French Clutches
Recently ViewedView More
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.