Chanel Black Patent Leather Quilted Silver "CC" Turnlock Flap Shoulder Bag
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Black Quilted Suede Handle HandbagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black quilted suede leather handle handbag from 1994 to 1996. - "Chanel" gold toned hardware zip closure. - Exterior gold toned hardware “CC” turnlock flap closure. - ...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- Vintage Chanel Embossed CC Logo Navy Quilted Lambskin Shoulder bagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel navy quilted lambskin shoulder bag from year 1996 to 1997. - Embossed CC logo. - Exterior slip pockets on both side. - Gold hardware "Chanel" logo zip closure ...Category
1990s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Gucci Pink Leather Jackie 1961 Hobo Shoulder BagBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Gucci pink leather jackie 1961 hobo shoulder bag. You can also carry it like a handbag. - Silver-toned hardware. - Interior: 1 open pocket and 1 zipper pocket - Size: Length: ...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags
- Gucci 30cm Pink Leather Jackie 1961 Hobo Shoulder BagBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Gucci 30cm pink leather jackie 1961 hobo shoulder bag. - Silver-toned hardware. - Interior: 1 open pocket and 1 zipper pocket - Size: Length: 30cm I Height: 20cm I Width: 3cm....Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags
- Moschino Black Nylon Kelly BagBy MoschinoLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Moschino black nylon kelly style bag. This bag is made in Italy by RedWall. Featuring a gold hardware interlock closure, black leather handle and interior "RedWall" lin...Category
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Montaigne Vintage Bag Black Epi LeatherBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton signed bag, Montaigne model, made of epi canvas in black patent leather and silver hardware. Equipped with double leather handle to wear the handbag. Internally lined i...Category
2010s Top Handle Bags
- Hermes Kelly 25 Colormatic Blue Black Chai Gold Palladium Hardware NEW LIMITEDBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLBrand New 2022 Purchase Ultra Rare and Hardest to get Hermes Kelly 25 Colormatic Blue ( Caban) Chai, Black, Gold and Etoupe Leather Complimented by...Category
2010s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- c.1970s Black Croc Convertible Shoulder BagLocated in Alford, MAThis versatile vintage crocodile bag can be worn either as a shoulder bag, when the strap is fully extended, or as a handbag,when it is doubled; ...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Structured Shoulder Bags
- Christian Dior Bag Lady Dior Large Navy Matte Navy Alligator New w/TagBy Christian DiorLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a Christian Dior Lady Dior Bag featured in rich Navy matte Alligator. Logo charms are matte brass hardware. Top flap. Interior is lined in Blue Suede. One zip pocke...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Hermes Kelly Kellywood 22 Wood Kelly Barenia Leather Limited EditionBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an exquisite limited edition Hermes Kellywood "Kelly Wood" 22 bag featured in bog oak and Barenia leather. Not since the Sterling Ke...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- HERMES Kelly Amazonia 32By HermèsLocated in Paris, FRThis Kelly 32 from Maison HERMES is two-tone in apricot-colored swift calfskin and Amazonia vegetable leather. The jewelry is golden. It has its padlock, zipper and bell and lined wi...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.