Contemporary Cream Plaster Table, Roly-Poly Low Table by Faye Toogood
About the Item
- Creator:Faye Toogood (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 11.82 in (30 cm)Width: 59.06 in (150 cm)Depth: 33.47 in (85 cm)
- Style:Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2021
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:11-12 weeks
- Seller Location:Warsaw, PL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU5813226481562
Faye Toogood’s name is practically synonymous with her Roly Poly chair. With its chubby legs and bowl-like seat, the now-iconic piece epitomized the trend toward chunky forms that defined avant-garde furniture design in the 2010s. But the visionary British artist’s contributions go far beyond the chair and its similarly robust companion pieces, in disciplines ranging from textiles and ceramics to fashion and home interiors.
“I design holistically, with an overall vision across fashion, furniture and interiors,” she tells 1stDibs. “Furniture is something I return to over and over again and is a very strong part of this vision. I am interested in humans and the way they live — the spaces they inhabit, the clothes they wear, the objects they surround themselves with.”
After a childhood spent running free in the English countryside with nature as her playground, Toogood studied art history at Bristol University rather than attend art school. Her design approach is underpinned by contrast and understandably informed by art history, particularly the mid-20th-century modernism of such British artists as Barbara Hepworth and Alfred Wallis. “For me, it is about playing around with references and our associations, be that with materials or the precious and the raw, the masculine and the feminine,” she explains. “I’m able to use those contrasts to create friction.”
Toogood has exhibited at Phillips and the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, the Triennale in Milan and D Museum in Seoul. In addition, her works are in the permanent collections of institutions worldwide, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art; Dallas Museum of Art; Denver Art Museum; High Museum of Art, in Atlanta; Corning Museum of Glass, in New York; the National Gallery of Victoria, in Melbourne; and the Fabergé Museum in St. Petersburg.
Shop furniture designs from Faye Toogood today on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Feltham, United Kingdom
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Contemporary Charcoal Plaster Table, Roly-Poly Low Table by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Warsaw, PLContemporary charcoal plaster table - Roly Poly low table by Faye Toogood. This is shown in the charcoal plaster finish. Design: Faye Toogood Ma...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Contemporary Chalk Plaster Table, Roly-Poly Low Table by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Warsaw, PLContemporary cream plaster table - Roly Poly Low Table by Faye Toogood. This is shown in the chalk plaster finish. Design: Faye Toogood Material: ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Contemporary Cream Plaster Side Table, Roly-Poly Side Table by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Warsaw, PLContemporary cream plaster side table, roly-poly side table by Faye Toogood This is shown in the cream plaster finish. Design: Faye Toogood Material: Sealed Reinforced plaster ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Contemporary cream wooden nightstand, Roly-Poly by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Warsaw, PLContemporary wooden nightstand, Roly-Poly by Faye Toogood This is shown in the cream wooden finish. A freestanding bedside table with a flush sliding drawer. A soft-edge storage un...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Modern Night StandsMaterials
- Contemporary Cream Fiberglass Table, Roly-Poly Dining Table by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Warsaw, PLContemporary fiberglass dining table - Roly Poly dining table by Faye Toogood. This is shown in the cream fiberglass finish. Design: Faye Toog...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Modern TablesMaterials
- Contemporary Cream Fiberglass Chair, Roly-Poly Chair by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Warsaw, PLContemporary fiberglass chair - Roly Poly chair by Faye Toogood. This is shown in the cream fiberglass finish. Design: Faye Toogood Material: Fiber...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- Faye Toogood Roly-Poly Coffee Table, Plaster, London, 2020, Contemporary TableBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Barcelona, ESFaye Toogood Roly-Poly coffee table Manufactured by Faye Toogood London, 2020 Plaster Measurements: 145 cm x 80 cm x 33 cm height 57 in x 31.49 in x 13 in height Concept ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary English Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Roly Poly Cream Circular Round Contemporary Dining Table by Faye Toogood, LondonBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Barcelona, ESThe Roly Poly dining table is made from a material that suggests a certain rawness. It embraces a world of soft lines and childlike rounded edge...Category
2010s British TablesMaterials
- Faye Toogood Roly Poly Side Table, Wood, London, 2019, Contemporary TablesBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Barcelona, ESFaye Toogood Roly Poly side table Manufactured by Faye Toogood London, 2019 Engineered wood, soft touch lacquer Measurements 40 cm x 35 cm...Category
21st Century and Contemporary European Side TablesMaterials
- ‘Element Table-Steel, ’ a Minimalist Coffee Table by Faye ToogoodBy Faye ToogoodLocated in Paris, FRThe ‘Element Table Steel’ is a minimalistic coffee table by British design star Faye Toogood, long standing editor at World of Interiors, and renowned for her set productions for Com...Category
2010s British Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Faye Toogood, "Pile", 2022By Faye ToogoodLocated in New York, NYFaye Toogood [British, b. 1977] Pile, 2022 Hand-carved oak Measures: 16.5 x 20 x 16.25 inches 42 x 51 x 41 cm Edition of 20 British designer Faye Toogood has emerged as one of the most prominent women in contemporary design today. “Whether you are a fashion designer, a furniture designer, or an interior designer, the materials you can get your hands on are essential,” she says. Toogood was born in the UK in 1977 and graduated with a BA in the History of Art in 1998 from Bristol University. Upon graduation, she worked as a prop stylist at The World of Interiors before establishing Studio Toogood in 2008. Working in a diverse range of disciplines from sculpture to furniture and fashion, Toogood often reinterprets and reinvents classical tropes and references from art history by introducing a new aesthetic. Since the conception of her immediately recognizable voluminous Roly-Poly chair (2014), she has been considered among the great form-givers of the 21st century. Her career is marked out by the discrete Assemblages, each of which conjures a compact world of interrelated ideas, forms, and materials. Assemblage 5...Category
2010s Side TablesMaterials
- Tubby Tube Conference Table with Aluminum Frame by Faye ToogoodBy Faye Toogood, Please Wait to be SeatedLocated in Brooklyn, NYClear, no-nonsense lines and a sturdy steel frame. Faye Toogood has an eye for removing clutter, and her sculpted designs celebrate the rural past even as they partake of the urban contemporary and look towards the future. You can see this trademark fusion of traditional and contemporary in the way the sheer lines of the tabletop (18 mm thin, of Oregon pine, black or Navy blue stained ash) seem to float above the subtly rounded black steel or raw aluminum frames. The Tubby tube...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Danish Modern Conference TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
By Going Back to Basics, Faye Toogood Takes a Huge Leap Forward in Contemporary Furniture Design
The British creative talent has turned a series of maquettes into covetable, life-size pieces that retain the delightfully handcrafted quality of the originals.
10 Covetable Things You’ll Find at Design Miami
Get a sneak peak at some of the singular pieces that will be on display at this year's show, which range from vintage masterpieces by legendary makers to innovative creations from emerging talents.