Tiffany & Co. Rope Knot Tassel Gold Bracelet
View Similar Items
Tiffany & Co. Rope Knot Tassel Gold Bracelet
- Date of Manufacture:1950
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Stamford, CT
- Reference Number:Seller: 324-163-4841stDibs: LU548464632
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co. Yellow Gold Hinged Link BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Stamford, CTTiffany & Co 1970's vintage 3 row flexible link bracelet. Hinged Marquise shape hollow links. 7.5 inches long. 14k yellow gold 20.3 grams Tested: 14k Stamped: 585 Hallmark: Tiffany...Category
Late 20th Century Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,195Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Montana Sapphire Moonstone Gold BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Stamford, CT1940's Tiffany & Co rose and green gold Retro Art Deco sapphire and moonstone bracelet. 6 pear shaped Moonstones spaced by 3 round natural M...Category
Early 20th Century Art Deco Link BraceletsMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, 14k Gold, Rose Gold, Gold$7,995Free Shipping
- Natural Black Nephrite Jade Yellow Gold BraceletLocated in Stamford, CTNatural black AGL certified Nephrite Jade and 14k yellow gold Chinese motif bracelet. 4 cylinders of well-polished black Jade are connected by cut out oval links with Chinese charact...Category
Late 20th Century Retro BraceletsMaterials
Jade, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,495Free Shipping
- Oval Carved Cameo Yellow Mid-Century Gold BraceletLocated in Stamford, CTVintage 7 piece carved Cameo bracelet with 7 different carved themes. Double jump ring attachments. Original 14k spring ring. Circa 1940-1950. 8 inches long. 7 oval carved Cameo 17...Category
Early 20th Century More BraceletsMaterials
14k Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold$2,795Free Shipping
- 2.80 Carat Emerald Pearl Yellow Gold BraceletLocated in Stamford, CTEmerald and pearl hinged link bracelet. 104 round emeralds in an open work 14k yellow gold bracelet with 65 accent seed pearls. 104 round green emeralds, approx. 2.80cts 65 crème ...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century Retro BraceletsMaterials
Pearl, Emerald, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$6,995Free Shipping
- 3.50 Carat Ruby Yellow Gold Brick Flexible BraceletLocated in Stamford, CT1950's mid-century vintage 1.5 inch wide brick mesh buckle bracelet set with 23 round red natural certified no heat Rubies. Buckle opens and closes to securely adjust the length. 8.5...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Retro BraceletsMaterials
Ruby, Gold, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$10,895Free Shipping
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. Twisted Rope Bracelet Set in 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBA beautiful vintage Tiffany & Co. chunky twisted chain bracelet set in 18k yellow gold. The piece is composed of two twisted ropes, entwined together to create this fabulous design...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Retro Retro BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$8,826Free Shipping
- Estate Tiffany & Co Gold Rope BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Denver, COThis classic vintage Tiffany & Co rope bracelet crafted in 14kt yellow gold measures 7.3 inches long and approximately 4mm thick. Stamped Tiffany & CoCategory
Late 20th Century Unknown Contemporary Retro BraceletsMaterials
14k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,200Free Shipping
- 1960s, Tiffany & Co Gold Rope BraceletLocated in New York, NYThis is a fabulous 18k yellow gold bracelet by Tiffany & Co. The bracelet features impressive rope design. The bracelet measures 6 inches in length and 14mm in width. The bracelet is...Category
20th Century Retro BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold$8,775Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 14k Yellow Gold and Moonstone BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Weston, MAThis elegant 1940s bracelet from Tiffany & Co. features three floral motif stations separated by leaf-shaped links. Each flower is composed of lu...Category
Vintage 1940s Unknown Retro BraceletsMaterials
Moonstone, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$14,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Diamond BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Bay Harbor Islands, FLTiffany and Company Diamond Bracelet in Platinum. This beautiful bracelet features 240 round brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated total...Category
Late 20th Century American Retro BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$24,800Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Sapphire and Weaved Gold BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA Tiffany & Co. Sapphire and Weaved Gold 7" Bracelet, made in Yellow Gold. There are 130 Round Blue Sapphires. The length is 7 inches and the width is 5/8 i...Category
20th Century More BraceletsMaterials
Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold$8,150Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery