Elegant CHANEL Pearl Cluster Earrings
View Similar Items
Elegant CHANEL Pearl Cluster Earrings
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Coral and Diamond Earrings, Ear Studs, Clips, Floral Design, 18 Karat Gold.Located in Berlin, DECharming 18 carat gold coral and diamond earrings, ear studs, ear clips in a floral design. Hallmarked. High-quality goldsmith work. Includes certificate of authenticity.Category
20th Century Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Coral, Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$3,917 Sale Price20% Off
- Vivid Diamonds 25.02 Carat Diamond Cluster EarringsBy Vivid DiamondsLocated in Miami, FLSensational Vivid Diamonds Cluster Earrings crafted by hand in platinum, showcasing 18 mixed pear shape and marquise cut diamonds weighing approximately 25.02 carats total, D-E color...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Emerald Yellow Gold Pear-Shaped Motif Ear ClipsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYA sublime and resplendent pair of 18k yellow gold pear-shaped motif earrings, each pavé set with several luminous round brilliant-cut diamonds and square shaped emeralds. Van Cleef ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold
- Bulgari Diamond Burma Ruby EarringsLocated in New York, NYA pair of Bulgari ear clips dating back to the 1960s, each designed as a flower head, comprised of brilliant diamonds and no heat Burma rubies extend...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Platinum
- Van Cleef & Arpels Diamond Pearl Yellow Gold Ear PendantsBy Van Cleef & ArpelsLocated in New York, NYVintage 18k yellow gold marquise and round brilliant-cut diamonds and a detachable drop shaped cultured pearl, measuring approximately 13.80 to14.10mm, 12.70-12.75mm, diamonds weighi...Category
Vintage 1980s American Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Marina B. Diamond Cabochon Ruby Sapphire Pearl Choker Necklace and Earrings SetLocated in New York, NYA magnificent set by Marina B that dates back to the 1980s, comprising a pearl choker necklace and matching earrings. The expandable necklace is se...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, 18k Gold
Recently ViewedView More
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery