- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
CoCo Chanel Glass Enamel Flower Belt
- Stone Cut
- DimensionsHeight: 2.50 in. (63.5 mm)Length: 26 in. (660.4 mm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1960
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationRiverdale, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU253185202
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-2 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Riverdale, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Riverdale, NYFabulous Chanel moghul inspired belt of paisley forms set with hundreds of hand poured glass cabochons. An extra...Category
Vintage 1960s More Jewelry$17,500Free Shipping
- By ChanelLocated in Riverdale, NYPearl and Emeralds. This elegant and classic combination takes on a different effect when supersized to this pro...Category
Vintage 1970s More Jewelry
- By Maison Gripoix for ChanelLocated in Riverdale, NYCoco Chanel Byzatine style segmented belt of poured glass elements in signature ruby and emerald pate de verre ...Category
Vintage 1950s Byzantine More JewelryMaterials
Gilt MetalL 34 in.$3,850Free Shipping
You May Also Like
1990s More Jewelry
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches
Diamond, Stainless Steel
Early 2000s More Jewelry
Diamond, Yellow Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
2010s Band Rings
Diamond, White Gold
Early 2000s Clip-on Earrings
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery