Tiffany & Co Paloma Picasso Olive Branch Leaf 18k Yellow Gold Band Ring
About the Item
- Ring Size:6 US, Not Resizable
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:Unknown
- Seller Location:Aventura, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1771119310162
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Aventura, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Tiffany & Co. T 0.75ct Pave Diamonds 18k Yellow Gold Square BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Aventura, FLPavé diamonds shine in this bold bracelet design. As multifaceted as it is iconic, the Tiffany T collection is a tangible reminder of the connections we feel but can't always see. Pa...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modernist Modern BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$15,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co 0.73 Carat T Diamond Hinged Bangle 18k Yellow Gold BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Aventura, FLBold lines and brilliant diamonds highlight the powerful form of the letter "T." As multifaceted as it is iconic, the Tiffany T collection is a tangible reminder of the connections w...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modernist BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$8,201Free Shipping
- Trinity 18 Karat Yellow Gold 0.80 Carat Center Stone Diamond Band Ring G/H VS1Located in Aventura, FLTrinity ring, 18 karats yellow Gold, Center stone approx 0.80ct G/H color VS1 - Clarity With additional 22 Round diamonds 0.35 Carat total Size 6.5 Specification: Metal Purity: 18k ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Modernist Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. 18k Yellow Gold Atlas Closed Bracelet Bangle Vintage 1995 41.6gBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Aventura, FLAtlas is style distilled to its very essence, bold enough to stand on its own, graceful and uncomplicated enough to stack and layer. Details: Designer: Ti...Category
20th Century Unknown Romantic BanglesMaterials
- Bvlgari B.Zero1 18k White Gold 4-Band Ring with Pave Diamond Trim AN850556By BvlgariLocated in Aventura, FLFirst unveiled in 1999, Bvlgari's B.zero1 ring changed the rules and standards of jewelry design thanks to its emphasis on shape and form. Taking Rome's famed Colosseum as its mold, this updated version is crafted as a single-band silhouette in 18-karat white gold and sparkling diamonds, while the iconic BVLGARI double...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modernist Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$8,220Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co T Diamond & Turquoise Wire Ring 18k White Gold with Round DiamondsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Aventura, FLThis bold "T" design features scintillating diamonds and turquoise, a favorite stone of Tiffany designers for over a century. The natural formation of turquoise creates subtle differ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modernist Fashion RingsMaterials
Diamond, Turquoise, White Gold
- Auth Tiffany & Co, 18K White Gold Paloma Picasso Olive Leaf Diamond RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Los Angeles, CA100% Authentic, 100% Customer Satisfaction Height: 17 mm Band Width: 17 mm Size: 7 Metal:18K White Gold Hallmarks: Tiffany & Co, 750 Total Weight: 7.9 Grams Stone Type: Diamo...Category
2010s American Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$4,875Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Paloma Picasso 18K Gold Marrakesh BandBy Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co.Located in Houston, TXTiffany & Co. Paloma Picasso 18K yellow gold Marrakesh band. It is 9 1/2 mm in width. Circa 2000.Category
Early 2000s American Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold$2,250Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18k Rose Gold Paloma Picasso Melody Five Band RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co. rolling ring from the Melody collection designed by Paloma Picasso finely crafted in 18 karat rose gold with 5 interlocking bands measuring 3.9 mm wide each. This is an...Category
2010s American Modern Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold, Rose Gold$3,550Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Paloma Picasso Diamond Gold Band RingBy Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co.Located in Lambertville, NJTiffany & Co Paloma Picasso 18k yellow gold double rolling band ring with 0.88ctw G/VS diamonds. Retail $8000. Ring size 8.5, ring is approx. 8mm wide. Weight - 6.8 grams. Marked: Pa...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Gold$5,800Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Paloma Picasso Marrakesh Blue Enamel Yellow Gold Band RingBy Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co.Located in Holland, PA18k Yellow Gold Blue Enamel Marrakesh Band Ring by Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co. Details: Size: 6 Weight: 11.1 grams Width: 9.8 mm wide, 3.8mm thick Stamped Hallmarks: Paloma...Category
2010s American Band RingsMaterials
Yellow Gold, Enamel$3,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Paloma Picasso Zigzag Platinum Band RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYLovely platinum eternity ring, made and signed by Paloma Picasso for Tiffany & Co. Zig zag pattern. Size 7 1/2. Hugs the finger. Very attractive and unusual. Alice Kwartler has sol...Category
1990s American Band RingsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery