Vintage 18K Yellow Gold Tiffany & Co. Solitaire Diamond Wedding Set
About the Item
- Ring Size:5 US, Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:3.9 g
- Date of Manufacture:1960s
- Condition:This wedding set is in very good condition.
- Seller Location:Santa Barbara, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: TR5571LRMM1stDibs: LU1018320321602
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Santa Barbara, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- Vintage Tiffany & Co 18K Yellow Gold Woven Link BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Santa Barbara, CAThis signed Tiffany & Co. bracelet features a stunningly crafted 1980s vintage design, bestowing an unmistakable classic yet contemporary feel. Weighing nearly a full ounce of 18k ye...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Contemporary Modern BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Yellow Gold Diamond Solitaire Wedding BandLocated in Santa Barbara, CAFlaunt your exquisite taste with this extravagant solitaire diamond wedding band estate ring. This stylish stacking ring features a brilliantly sparkling princess cut diamond set in ...Category
1990s Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Vintage 1970s Tiffany & Co 18k Yellow Gold Long Rectangular Link NecklaceBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Santa Barbara, CAChannel a luxurious vintage look with this signed Tiffany & Co. 18 karat yellow gold link necklace. Featuring a retired Tiffany design from the...Category
Vintage 1970s Retro Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. Princess Cut Diamond Engagement Ring & Wedding BandBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Santa Barbara, CAA classic and chic Tiffany & Co. platinum wedding band set. Showcasing a spectacular engagement ring set with a fiery, over 1/2 carat princes...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Solitaire RingsMaterials
- Estate Yellow Sapphire Engagement Ring Oval Solitaire 2-Row Diamond Band 18KLocated in Santa Barbara, CAOur estate yellow sapphire engagement ring is an eminently wearable oval solitaire gemstone with a bright and lively canary yellow. The sapphire...Category
1990s Neoclassical Solitaire RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Tiffany & Co. 18k Rose Gold Somerset Mesh BangleBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Santa Barbara, CAAn incredibly rare vintage Tiffany and Co. bangle featuring a narrow frame that comfortably slips on and off your wrist. The signature mesh pattern goes around the entirety of the br...Category
1990s Contemporary BanglesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Rose GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Vintage 18k Yellow Gold Wedding BandBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Beverly Hills, CATiffany & Co. 18k Yellow Gold Wedding Band Size 9 Here is your chance to purchase a beautiful and highly collectible designer wedding ...Category
1990s American Band RingsMaterials
Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- 18k Yellow Gold Diamond Solitaire RingBy VR JewelsLocated in Houston, TXDiamond ring in 18k gold is a sign of pure love. To enhance your look and convey your emotions, stack your rings. Lightweight and gorgeous, this is great bridesmaid or wedding gift t...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Solitaire RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold, GoldFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Antique Diamond Ring, Platinum & 18k Yellow GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYA Tiffany & Co. Antique Diamond Ring made in Platinum & 18k Yellow Gold. The diamonds are European-cut and the total is appx. 2.05 carats. The total weight of the ring is 4.60 grams....Category
Early 20th Century Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold, Platinum
- Vintage Tiffany & Co. 18K Yellow Gold and Platinum Wedding BandLocated in Great Neck, NYBeautiful Vintage Tiffany and Co 18K Yellow Gold and Platinum Wedding Band. This classic wedding band is crafted in 18k yellow go...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Unknown Retro Band RingsMaterials
Platinum, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- 1940s Tiffany & Co 18K Yellow Gold Wedding BandLocated in Atlanta, GARing Size: 7.5 Metal Type: 18K Yellow Gold [Hallmarked, and Tested] Weight: 5.1 grams Finger to Top of Stone Measurement: 1.5mm Shank/Band Width: 4.0mm Condition: ExcellentCategory
Vintage 1940s Unknown Art Deco Wedding RingsMaterials
Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- 18K Yellow Gold Tiffany & Co Amethyst Sparkler RingLocated in Atlanta, GAYear: 2000s Item Details: Ring Size: 6.25 Metal Type: 18K Yellow Gold [Hallmarked, and Tested] Weight: 7.5 grams Center Amethyst: 14mm x 14mm, Purple Amethyst Band Width: 2.5mm Condi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Amethyst, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery