Faye Vander VeerLe Serveur (Paris)
Ever since I first visited Paris, I have been impressed by the professionalism and dignity of the waiters at the restaurants I visited. Whenever I could, I would discretely photograph them to use as reference material for paintings upon return to my studio. I applied texture to the panel before adding the first bit of color in order to create a more interesting effect.
About the Artist
Faye Vander Veer encapsulates the beauty of the everyday in her paintings. She oftentimes catches interactions, such as an exchange between a little girl and her mother. She once painted a work based on a young woman she saw sitting on a rock in the middle of a stream. Faye currently lives in Virginia and has been greatly influenced by ;douard Manet, Edgar Degas, John Singer Sargent and Claude Monet.
Le Serveur (Paris)
Faye Vander Veer
Oil painting on masonite board
Varnished and Ready to frame
Signed on front
20 in. h x 16 in. w x .25 in. d
1 lbs. 0 oz.
- ArtistFaye Vander Veer
- Creation Year2018
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsLe Serveur (Paris). Faye Vander Veer. Oil painting on masonite board. Varnished and Ready to frame. One-of-a-kind. Signed on front.
- DimensionsH 20 in. x W 16 in. x D 0.25 in.H 50.8 cm x W 40.64 cm x D 6.35 mm
- Gallery LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberLU92213892472
- Seller Reference Number62919
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.