Louis Vuitton Heart Bag Pink
20th Century Clutches
21st Century and Contemporary Other
21st Century and Contemporary French Other
21st Century and Contemporary French Other
Early 2000s French Wallets
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Store your Louis Vuiton bag at room temperature, and away from light and moisture. Do not hang it when storing it, but instead set it on a flat surface with the strap neatly rolled up inside. Stuff it with tissue or fabric to help it maintain its shape. It is always best to clean it before storing and take it out monthly to air it out. Browse through a selection of authentic Louis Vuitton handbags on 1stDibs.
- Is Louis Vuitton haute couture?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes. Louis Vuitton is a member of the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode (FHCM), which is the governing body of haute couture as an art form. Founded in 1868 as the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture and renamed FHCM in 2017, the organization has around 100 members — and Sidney Toledano, the CEO of Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), sits on its executive committee. “Haute couture” is a legal term that, literally translated, means “high sewing” and refers to innovative, hand-crafted garments created for private clients and presented to the public every January and July. Browse a wide array of Louis Vuitton haute couture from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021The Neverfull MM is one of Louis Vuitton's most popular bags. It is not being discontinued.
- Is Louis Vuitton real leather?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, nearly all Louis Vuitton bags are genuine leather at least along the handles and trim. The remainder of their coated canvas bags is PVC-coated cotton canvas, but leather is the sole material used to make some Louis Vuitton handbags, wallets and luggage pieces. You’ll find a large selection of Louis Vuitton bags on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, Louis Vuitton offers products made of both 100% genuine leather and canvas. Louis Vuitton canvas is known for its durability and is sometimes mistaken for leather. Consult the brands website for information about specific items and their materials. On 1stDibs, find a variety of authentic Louis Vuitton pieces from some of the worlds top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022To put the strap on a Louis Vuitton wristlet, you can slip the strap through one of the side strap loops in the bag. Then, tuck the clasp-accented end of the strap through the slit in the opposite end of the strap. Finally, secure the clasp end to the same loop, or the loop on the opposite side of the wristlet, as desired. Browse a selection of authentic Louis Vuitton wristlets from top sellers around the world on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Louis Vuitton recommends protecting its canvas products by keeping them away from water, oil, perfume, alcohol-based solutions, direct heat and light, humidity, or environments that are too hot or cold. Prolonged exposure to any of the elements or environments listed above may cause premature wear. It should also be noted that repeated contact with hard or rough surfaces may cause a worn appearance. You’ll find a variety of Louis Vuitton canvas products from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Adding your initials to Louis Vuitton goods adds a personalized touch to your favorite luxury items. Louis Vuitton will monogram new and pre-owned authentic items at participating boutiques. Consult the brand’s website for more details. Browse a variety of Louis Vuitton handbags on 1stDibs.
- What are Louis Vuitton bags made of?3 Answers1stDibs ExpertJanuary 4, 2022Louis Vuitton uses only the finest materials to create its iconic leather handbags and small leather goods. Epi leather, Vachetta, Empreinte leather, Taiga leather, and python, crocodile and ostrich leathers are just some of the materials used in the house’s workshops, which are based in Spain, France and the United States. The iconic Louis Vuitton canvas bags and trunks are made from cotton canvas that’s been treated with a durable derivative of PVC. Shop a collection of Louis Vuitton from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Louis Vuitton makes bags out of a variety of materials. The brand's legendary coated canvas bags feature a layer of cotton fabric coated with PVC and genuine cowhide leather trim. In addition, the brand produces bags entirely out of cowhide, lambskin and exotic leathers like crocodile and snake. Shop a large selection of Louis Vuitton bags on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Louis Vuitton bags are made of genuine leather or canvas. Consult the brand’s website for information on specific products. Find authentic vintage and modern Louis Vuitton bags from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Any vintage Louis Vuitton item prior to 1982 will not have a serial number. Serial numbers were introduced to Louis Vuitton products in 1982 and discontinued in March 2021 in favor of RFLD chips instead. You’ll find a wide range of Louis Vuitton vintage and modern pieces on 1stDibs.
- Can you return louis vuitton?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, you typically can return items purchased directly from Louis Vuitton online or in a brand-owned retail store, provided you didn't use or damage them. Normally, Louis Vuitton places a limit on how long you have to return items. Check the information included with the item for specific return policies. You’ll find a large selection of Louis Vuitton on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The date code on Louis Vuitton products refers to the place and date the item was made. Generally, the two letters indicate the location and the four numbers pertain to the date. As of March 2021, date codes have been replaced by microchips. Shop a selection of Louis Vuitton items on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, prior to 1991 some Louis Vuitton handbags were made with Eclair zip closures. Branded zippers are a good way to confirm authenticity in some vintage styles. Vintage Louis Vuitton bags sometimes include Talon and C&C zippers as well. On 1stDibs, find a wide range of vintage Louis Vuitton items.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No, Louis Vuitton does not manufacture their products in China. The brand’s sole workshops are in France, Spain, Switzerland and the United States. Products that claim to be Louis Vuitton but are made in China are likely to be fake. On 1stDibs, you can shop a wide selection of expertly vetted Louis Vuitton products to ensure authenticity.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Opening a Louis Vuitton lock without a key can be done by a locksmith in many cases. If they cannot open the lock for you, you might be able to find extra keys through a Louis Vuitton store or an authorized retailer. You can also find Louis Vuitton lock keys available on the secondhand market. You’ll find a variety of Louis Vuitton products from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, it is very common for Louis Vuitton items to have upside down LV logos because their leather goods are often made with one continuous piece of leather. Some handbag styles, like the Louis Vuitton Speedy, use one large piece of leather wrapped round the exterior, resulting in upside down LV logos. Shop a wide range of Louis Vuitton garments and handbags on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022There are a few sure-tell signs of authenticity for Louis Vuitton scarves. A Louis Vuitton scarf will have a hang tag attached with cleaning instructions and country of manufacturing. All Louis Vuitton scarves are made with the utmost craftsmanship and silk versions will have hand-rolled hems. On 1stDibs, shop a large collection of authentic Louis Vuitton scarves from some of the world’s top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertJanuary 4, 2022Louis Vuitton products are made in various countries. The luxury brand’s leather goods collection is crafted in workshops located in France, Spain and the United States. Ready-to-wear pieces, footwear and sunglasses are manufactured in France and Italy, while jewelry collections are produced in France, Italy and Switzerland. Timepieces are created exclusively in the Louis Vuitton watchmaking workshop in Geneva, Switzerland. You’ll find a wide range of Louis Vuitton products from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021Louis Vuitton bags are so expensive due to their exquisite craftsmanship and durable materials. Additionally, the production of Louis Vuitton products is limited, which also increases the brands prices.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The best Louis Vuitton bag for you to buy will always be a matter of personal needs and preferences. Louis Vuitton offers a wide variety of bags, from spacious Neverfull and Keepall designs, to more compact statement Twist and Boite Chapeau styles, and even more in between. On 1stDibs, find a large collection of authenticated Louis Vuitton bags.
- Do Louis Vuitton shoes run small?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Whether or not Louis Vuitton shoes run small depends on the style in question. In some cases, the brand's shoes are about a half size smaller than standard sizing. However, others are true to size. Generally, Louis Vuitton shoes tend to be slightly narrow, so you may need to go up a half size if you have wide feet or prefer a roomier fit. Find a collection of Louis Vuitton shoes on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Some do. Louis Vuitton shoes typically run true to size for sneakers and flats. For pumps and heels, they can run about a 1/2 size small with some exceptions. Shop iconic vintage and contemporary Louis Vuitton apparel on 1stDibs.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
The Personal Luxury Goods Market amid COVID-19
1stDibs dealers discuss the challenges of this unprecedented time, and the signs of hope.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.